• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coach13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Cosermann, Sorry, I didn't specify. It's a Walther PK380 that I chose to start with. When I am ready I am going to the Walther 40 I think it's called. The one between the 9m and the 45 but still a slim. I have strong hands but small hands and the Walther fits by far the best in my hand. I have no idea what you are talking about with hammer lock. My safety prevents the fireing pin from strike, is this what you mean? You can PM if to long to avoid getting off topic. I am curious.

Safe, yes that is my next puchase. I have one but not for guns. For now locked in the closet with exception of a shotgun and 22 that the kids shoot.

Jetgirl, don't give me that much credit, i didn't even catch it! I don't question how anyone carries, not experienced enough yet to judge anyone. I just know that I play it safe, which is far safer that I used to be with a pocket knife and chapstick.Killer self defense package right there!:rockwoot:

Actually I never thought about self defense until punks starting stealing my stuff. I look back and find that i was a bit irrisponsible.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    :eek:
    For the record, I do NOT carry with the safety off.
    Sorry if you took it that way.
    Cocked and LOCKED.

I used to carry my ruger cocked and unlocked...took a lot of heat for it, then left it uncocked and unlocked since it was DA/SA

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... It's a Walther PK380 that I chose to start with. ...

Ok, then. I think the correct procedure for lowering the hammer on the PK380 is to first put the safety on, then lower the hammer manually (see reference below). One of the PK380 owners can correct me if I'm wrong. (Contrary to popular belief, I don't actually know everything there is to know related to firearms.) If that works, then you can safely load up with one down the pipe (pointing in a safe direction whilst doing so).

"The thumb safety is not a hammer-drop, but merely rotates a block of steel to prevent the hammer from contacting the firing pin. The hammer can then be safely lowered manually."

Walther PK380 Semi-Automatic .380 ACP Pistol

Top Bottom