• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    I guess when you've loaned a gun to a guy to use at a class, and you don't remember which one, it's time to take an inventory.

100_0634.jpg

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    wow just simply beautiful.my first thought is are they all yours.my second is how long did it take to get such an inventory.and finally your are very prepared for shtf mode.anyways very nice and wished i had atleast 1 of them in my inventory but im working on some.:rockwoot:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I keep track of the guns I own and the serial numbers, incase they get stolen.
    I also keep track of my ammo reserves, so I know what I may be running short of.

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Yep, they're all mine. 4 Colts and 4 LMT's, with standard and midlength BCM uppers on two of the LMT's. Plus 1 M&P 22. Taken a while to put them together, just picked them up over the years when it was a buyers market. As you can see, two of the 6920's are stock NIB "just in case".

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I also keep an inventory of all of my firearms, ammunition & other shooting/reloading supplies for insurance purposes in case of theft or fire (or boating accident).

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I apologize

My first thought was, why would a guy need all those ARs. Then I remembered my gun safe dedicated to 10/22s. I apologize.

I have a Excel spreadsheet of all my guns. It has make, model, SN, caliber, scope (where applicable), and any significant mods or aftermarket parts. It also has an estimated value for insurance purposes. Since guns come and go, I give a copy to my insurance agent a couple of times a year. I think it's good to have a record somewhere other than here.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    My first thought was, why would a guy need all those ARs. Then I remembered my gun safe dedicated to 10/22s. I apologize.

I have a Excel spreadsheet of all my guns. It has make, model, SN, caliber, scope (where applicable), and any significant mods or aftermarket parts. It also has an estimated value for insurance purposes. Since guns come and go, I give a copy to my insurance agent a couple of times a year. I think it's good to have a record somewhere other than here.

Excellent idea. Good advice to pass on.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I keep track of the guns I own and the serial numbers, incase they get stolen.
    I also keep track of my ammo reserves, so I know what I may be running short of.

I actually found a program that is made for inventorying firearms collections. It lets you add more detail than most would care about for a simple inventory, allows attached photos. My ammo inventory is in ammo cans and on the floor of my closet so I usually know whats getting low when I stub my toe on an ammo can and it doesn't really hurt or when I can see the floor, everything stays in nice stacks until it hits the range bag(also keep several boxes of the ammo for guns I usually take to the range in the bag).

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I guess when you've loaned a gun to a guy to use at a class, and you don't remember which one, it's time to take an inventory.

100_0634.jpg

Nice collection,How much ammo do you keep on hand? My goal was 5000 for each weapon I had. But that was almost as much money or more that I had in weapons.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Nice collection, but I can't understand why someone buys 10 of the same gun vs. buying a couple in different configurations, then buying a couple of something else. I would get bored shooting the same gun over and over... but that's just me. :)

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Nice collection, but I can't understand why someone buys 10 of the same gun vs. buying a couple in different configurations, then buying a couple of something else. I would get bored shooting the same gun over and over... but that's just me. :)

For what its worth, he did mention one (or two?) was a .22...

But I'd have to agree with maybe dropping one to at least get a new feature....suppressor or full-auto if that's your flavor.

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010

I've been dabbling with AR's for a long, long, time. These weren't put together overnight. If your fluent with AR's you'll notice subtle differences in them (although slight). Some guys harbor cars, some 1911's, some Rugers, etc. Plus, I never said these were my only guns.

"Nice collection,How much ammo do you keep on hand? My goal was 5000 for each weapon I had. But that was almost as much money or more that I had in weapons."

That's an excellent goal, but I honestly don't have 5,000 per gun. Most of my career I've been blessed with a pretty steady flow of ammo. Last few years it's dwindled somewhat, but I could still protect the fort if I had to.

"a fellow brd head!!!! oh yea, where is the sbr"

I wondered if someone would catch that. I've fought the sbr bug for years and have never pulled the trigger. Seemed that whenever I had an extra few bucks to blow, there was always something I needed more. Not totally out of the question yet.

For what its worth, he did mention one (or two?) was a .22...

But I'd have to agree with maybe dropping one to at least get a new feature....suppressor or full-auto if that's your flavor.

Was issued an MP5 and a real Colt M4 for a number of years. That ship has sailed. No longer need or desire it (nothing wrong with people who do though). Suppressors aren't my thing. Again, nothing wrong with them, but if I'm right in using deadly force, I could care less about who hears it.

Top Bottom