• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    Nice inventory to the two who posted pics. I also keep an updated inventory, (not on my laptop in case it ever gets stolen, I don't want someone who stole my laptop, knowing what they may have missed), in a couple places, not just in my home, of manufacturer(s), (all manufacturer(s) like on my AR's I built with different uppers/lowers etc), scopes/scope info of each gun, SN, ammo count for each caliber, as well as my other shooting/shooting sports supplies like AR LPK's, spare parts, sandbags/leadsled for sight-ins, eye/ear protection as well as broken or damaged eye/ear protection (since I have friends shooting with me a lot, sometimes they forget and take their eye/ear protection with them, this way, I know if I need to replace anything before shooting again).

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I agree!

2010-10-17_12-24-00_149.jpg

I use a program called WYO Home Inventory - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com to keep track of what I have

I would love to spend 45 seconds alone in this room.:dunno:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Well, for us married guys, having 20 of the same rifle has one benefit... most women can't tell them apart so as far as they know 20 = 1. When you bring a new one home, you just say "nah, it's not new you've seen it before".

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    Well, for us married guys, having 20 of the same rifle has one benefit... most women can't tell them apart so as far as they know 20 = 1. When you bring a new one home, you just say "nah, it's not new you've seen it before".

Yeah, that worked for me until the numbers grew to large, now I just try to pass them off as the same color,

"whats that?"
    "this, i've had it"
    "what is it?"
    "an ACR,"
    "youve had that?"
    "yeah, its the black one, remember?"
    "I guess, cant remember you have to many" <- the "home free answer"
    :):)

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I just redid my inventory, long guns are declining, pistols the same, and somehow I had half a case of .380 target ammo I forgot about.....lmfao

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Ammo - always figured for most non NFA rifles having one box of ammo in reserve (the big box - aka case) and a second box of ammo to shoot was a good starting point. That gives on average 1500 rounds for each rifle and typically most guys have at least a couple rifles of common calibers.
    ----------------
    For inventory software has anyone tried Gun Collector Software - Gun Collecting Software?
    The old stand by "Gun Safe" no longer is supported or down loaded.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom