• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Why would you need to replace your battery? Obviously the almighty Steve Jobs made the iPhone PERFECT, he even sealed it up for you because you never need to replace the battery!

:)

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My ex bought our son an iPhone (yeah, he's 9)...thought that's fine..you're paying for it. But he enjoys YouTube and playing games so it comes in handy sometimes. I had a plain regular phone...until my brother gave me a Droid...DONE lol...love that phone

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Does AT&T have a Droid phone or are they banking on the iPhone series?

AT&T has at least 5 Android phones that I can think of right off the bat. Last I read they have 11 more up for release in 2011.

Also, "DROID" is a Marketing word Verizon/Motorola used when marketing their first ANDROID phones. Android is the operating system "Droids" run off of.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    AT&T has at least 5 Android phones that I can think of right off the bat. Last I read they have 11 more up for release in 2011.

Also, "DROID" is a Marketing word Verizon/Motorola used when marketing their first ANDROID phones. Android is the operating system "Droids" run off of.

Yeah that's what I meant. Android. Need to look into it when I'm available for upgrade this fall.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I've repaired screens and batteries.

Although I have a good friend that has a real cell phone repair business in Broad Ripple. PM me if you want his info, he'll give you the hookup and do it right there in minutes so you don't have to wait.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I have a 3G iphone. If I got a "droid", would it change my life? Discuss.

From comparing my son's iPhone and my Droid...meh, it'd be minor stuff, how screens are laid out, which exact apps you use, stuff like that. I don't know about all the technical stuff, that's just my :twocents:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I have a 3G iphone. If I got a "droid", would it change my life? Discuss.

My first ever smartphone is a "Droid" that I got last year. January 2010 Imho the Motorola Droid line is the most durable and dependable of the Android phones I have had an opportunity to look at.

The comparison to an iPhone is interesting. both are capable of internet surfing, but that is where the similarities end.
    Watch these two videos:

Google Voice search for iPhone:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3z7Tw1K17A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3z7Tw1K17A[/ame]

Google voice actions for Android:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbYVvU0Z5s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbYVvU0Z5s[/ame]

If you actually take the time to watch both videos you will find the iPhone do some pretty amazing stuff. It will search the internet for images and show times and such. It will play any music in your playlist in your phone and call anyone in your address book all by voice command.
    Alternately the Android version will also do that as well but goes a bit farther. It will search the internet for show times and images. It will also search the internet AND play any music you may request by voice with your choice of internet music players (I use pandora). It will also search the internet for telephone numbers and call (I use this to call businesses all the time!). If you ask "Navigate to .... Smith's jewelry store in Indianapolis Indiana" it will use the power of google maps to look up the address then it launches the free GPS navigation app and automatically inserts the address to guide you.
    Say "text message to...." and it will launch your default text message app and address and compose the text message. After checking for accuracy you can hit one button to send it! Say "send email to....." the phone will launch your default email program address and compose an email as requested. again after checking for accuracy hitting one button sends the message.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    your better off sending it in and just getting it replaced or getting a new one

Great advice. I just received my replacement iphone battery in the mail from hong kong. I spent about a half hour trying to replace the battery. It's a total loss. The phone looks like it got hit by a truck. Only plus is I backed it up before I destroyed it. As I got to the screen removal part, some internals started to separate the wrong way. Long story short, I tore one of the connectivity ribbons. Then I tore about 3 more as my vision became blurred with anger. I'm an idiot.

I have to let you guys know that I thought I would be fine after watching the youtube videos. I have lots of soldering experience, small electronics experience (RC stuff), and general DIY abilities. I failed.

I'm going to think about it, but I'm probably going to buy an iphone 4 tomorrow. It crushes me because I was planning on getting the iphone 5 as it should debut in June '11.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Great advice. I just received my replacement iphone battery in the mail from hong kong. I spent about a half hour trying to replace the battery. It's a total loss.
    -Snip-

It's this kind of design why I would never get an iphone, (and why I bought a generic mp3 player that uses standard batteries instead of an ipod).

There's no reason it couldn't be designed to take an industry standard battery that the OWNER can replace their self just like any other smart phone.

The only reason it's not designed that way is to increase the profit per iphone by trying to force the OWNER to send it in for yet more expense to do a simply procedure that if it was properly designed, they could do their self.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, That's a chance you'll have to take. :):

:):

I just got back from the AT&T store. No 16 gig iphones, so I sent an extra $100 for the 32 gig! Axiom was released today, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Anyways, got a free otterbox with the applecare purchase (+$69).

I'm back on track.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    :):

I just got back from the AT&T store. No 16 gig iphones, so I sent an extra $100 for the 32 gig! Axiom was released today, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Anyways, got a free otterbox with the applecare purchase (+$69).

I'm back on track.

Sadly, your life will remain the old mundane, boring, same ole, same ole.
    Shoulda' gotta android.
    dancingDroid.gif

Top Bottom