• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    So I've got an M&P .45c and I can't for the life of me shoot it accurately, I'm really starting to get irritated, and I can shoot my other guns fine, I just don't know weather to trade it off or get ahold of Smith and Wesson

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Does the gun not group well? By that I mean are the shots scattered all over the place. Is there any other indication of a mechnical problem. Or are you simply jerking the piece of plastic that Smith & Wesson lables as a trigger.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Do you have that nasty, heavy stock trigger on it? That thing breaks so badly and so hard I couldn't help but shift the shot right or down. It took my uncle the better part of a year to get decent with it, and that was after training all of the time. Buy an APEX trigger for it if this is the case.
    Originally I was going to buy the M&P as my carry gun, but I hated the trigger so much that I switched to the XD and never looked back.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I had a similar issue with my 9mm. It was frustrating... consistent, but low and left. I took my time with it, worked on trigger pull, and still couldn't get it... Dropped an Apex kit in it, and right on the money everytime. (ok almost everytime).
    Perhaps find someone with a 45 with an apex kit in it, to try it out?
    Assuming you're using the compact for EDC, I'd probably look into their duty kit. the pull ends up about the same poundage 5-6 lb as stock. (or it did on my 9. I wound up dropping the factory spring back in to bring the poundage down)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It seems to be grouping decently and I do shoot other 45's that's all I own, it seems to shoot incredibly low

I have the same problem with my M&P. Low and/or left. If I take my time it shoots right on. It is a trigger issue for me. I will either sell the gun to my Brother who likes his M&P or install the Apex trigger.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    there have been people who have had accuracy issues with the m&ps. supposedly this is why S&W changed the barrel design. contact S&W. do you by chance know if its the new barrel design?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Have someone else shoot it, to rule out operator error. I'm not saying you're a bad shot, just different guns shoot differently for different people. It might just be something you have to practice with for a while. I don't own and 1911s, and when I do shoot someone else's I suck with it. I never shoot them enough to get better.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    what kind of ammo have you shot? have you tried some premium ammo? i have noticed my carry ammo groups a lot better than factory range ammo.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    there have been people who have had accuracy issues with the m&ps. supposedly this is why S&W changed the barrel design. contact S&W. do you by chance know if its the new barrel design?

He's not complaining of accuracy issues (he said it grouped ok) but point of impact was lower than point of aim.

OP, have you tried more than 1 type of ammo? How are you lining up the sights on the target? Covering the intended point of impact, below, etc?

How low is it shooting? Is PoI just low, or low left, etc?

What distance are you shooting at?

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    (to those who complain of accuracy issues...)

I totally get that some of you just can't get it with the factory M&P trigger causing anticipation on the break...
    But seriously, if you're in the boat of owning one and don't want to get rid of it because you DO enjoy the gun,
    Try changing your grip and your overall stance. Not saying it's a guarantee, but it's worth the try.

With my M&P9, I always shot Weaver and was content with my grouping but it was not as tight as my Glock 22.
    Ever since I bought my M&P40, I've been in the same predicament with my grouping (or lack of) being all over the place.

Now, my left/weak hand wrist is tilted down about 15 degrees so that my left thumb is flat-forward with the rest of my arm.
    Since I started shooting like this with my M&P40, it's been unbelievably more accurate...
    Accurate enough that I'm content with carrying it over my 1911 some days. That says a lot. :rockwoot:

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I've tried it on a rest, several different ammo types I've tried poi both above the site post and covering and at 15 yards I'm below the paper I've practiced with the trigger pull and everything and it seems to be straight below

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    I've tried it on a rest, several different ammo types I've tried poi both above the site post and covering and at 15 yards I'm below the paper I've practiced with the trigger pull and everything and it seems to be straight below

I see you're in NWI. If you would like to meet up at blythes one evening or on a Saturday, I have a full size m&p .40 and a 9 compact you are welcome to try for comparison. Just let me know if you're interested.

Top Bottom