• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Same issue i narrowed down to the trigger. Plastic, long trigger pull, and always seemed loose.

The trigger doesn't affect accuracy. It doesn't matter if its a long gritty KelTec double action or the sweetest crisp 1911, it's your finger, not the trigger that affects accuracy.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The trigger doesn't affect accuracy. It doesn't matter if its a long gritty KelTec double action or the sweetest crisp 1911, it's your finger, not the trigger that affects accuracy.

But my finger is pampered and enjoys the sweet crispness. ;)

You are correct. But for everything the M&P did right you think they would have come up with a better trigger.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    I disagree. I have a m&p 9c, and I have found that trigger over travel is the
    problem. I have practiced trigger pull by making the gun safe and dry firing
    with a coin resting horizontally on the front sight.

It doesn't happen every time, but about every 3rd trigger pull or so the coin
    jumps up off the sight a little and kinda wobbles or vibrates. I have concluded
    this is from trigger striking the little nub inside the trigger guard.

I love the feel of the gun, and it functions fine, but I'll trade it if I ever find something I want.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Someone told me that the M&Ps are "combat sighted" so the dot on the front sight is to be in the center of the bullseye. I am not sure what combat sighted is or if the guy knew anything for real as I have not been able to verify, other than when I put the dot in the center of the bullseye, it is dead on...if I do my part.
    That said, I put the APEX comp kit in. In a word AWESOME, but a little too light of a trigger for my taste.
    I sold the kit here and bought the APEX DAEK kit and it is still AWESOME, but with a little harder pull. I did not replace every spring that came with the Duty kit. I replaced the sear spring and striker block spring. I did not replace the trigger spring. That spring is more involved and I was OK with the pull weight, but the new sear offers a touch ligher of a break and less over travel and the over travel that is still there is much less violent.
    I got the first kit from APEX, but the second kit off of ebay from eCop. It was a little cheaper and I also got the j-frame kit too to help with my revolver.
    I am not here to tell you this is what you need. It helped me a bit and since I do not have loads of money to buy ammo (when you can find it) and spend hours at the range, this helped me with the learning curve. I still have to not try to anticipate the recoil, but most of us have that problem to keep squashed down.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It seems to be grouping decently and I do shoot other 45's that's all I own, it seems to shoot incredibly low

95% of the time (ok I just BSed that stat, but it's close) someone who is shooting low is unintentionally anticipating the trigger break and depressing the barrel down.

This is often a symptom of shooting a heavier trigger than you're used to. The M&P stock triggers are quite heavy, and some of them, depending on the factory they came from, can be as nasty as 8-10lbs. Like I said earlier, this happened to my uncle. He just had to train a lot on it (and he is an accomplished shooter). I personally wouldn't put up with it. Put an apex trigger in it or get used to the idea of doing months of dry practice before you start hitting well with it.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I've noticed no one has suggested bench shooting it. try that. I saw some barrel nonsense on the s&w forum but that was mostly the 9mm.

I have a 45c with the apex kit and I love it. if it shoots good on the bench think of getting one

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Lol, we'll I've tried most of what you guys have suggested other than putting in a new trigger with no avail, and it very well may be me and that gun don't get along so I said to hell with it and traded it in for an XDm .45 today, haven't shot it yet but I already love it

Top Bottom