• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It does. The bank reports the transaction to the feds and that starts a check to see if I'm involved in anything nefarious. I bought a pistol less than a week prior to the large transactions and cleared nics in 5 minutes I'm approaching 2 days. I stopped into the bank today and asked if my withdrawals had been reported and was told it was policy to report all transactions over 5000 for accounts like mine that really only see the rent and reg bills going out every month. The banker told me not to worry, but the fbi and dhs have departments that get that report. If I was a regular spender the federal limit is 10k for reporting. I haven't even been pulled over in 5 years, the only thing to change has been the bank reporting my "suspicious" transaction, even tho it was on one of their cashiers checks to a known business...
    i have one or more reportable transactions a month, and have never been delayed, I’m sure that’s not your problem. BTW, I’d switch banks if they are reporting sub $10K transactions to the .gov

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So your problem is you can't buy a gun because your ID is not valid because your address is incorrect and you are complainting because you have failed to update it? I don't see a problem except you have failed to update your license. Am I missing something here?

Yes, I believe you are missing something here. I could start with how things would be different if this same level of scrutiny were applied to illegal aliens among others that is applied to those of us who are upstanding members of our society. Is there any reason to go all self-righteous about this?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    i have one or more reportable transactions a month, and have never been delayed, I’m sure that’s not your problem. BTW, I’d switch banks if they are reporting sub $10K transactions to the .gov

This is the only reportable transaction I've ever had, and was actually 2 transactions. >10k into my checking and 1 payment >5k along with other smaller bills being paid in a short amount of time. I think the money moved to fast... who knows. There is the off chance that another guy with my name or similar ssn just got hit with a felony tho, idk... Aggravating to the max tho.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    1. My opinion: when you have lived 28 yrs. in your last house, just b/c you moved, it doesn't seem common sense that you have to prove your existence again.
    2. It ought to count for something: a grandfather clause would be appropriate, imo. :dunno:
    How would the guy at the counter at Rural king know you lived for 28 years at your last house? He's not a Swami. He has to do his job and follow the law. Just because you tell him you were at your last residence for 28 years doesn't matter. BMV usually has one night a week that they stay open during the evening so there's no excuse for not updating your license.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you have moved recently and you hold an Indiana credential and/or vehicle registration, you need to visit a BMV branch to amend your residential address within 30 days of the change.

It's already past the 30 days for us.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    To everyone who has implied or outright said I am a flaming idiot: I totally agree. :laugh:
    I was confused at the complexity in getting my gun license changed to a changed address on my driver's license: that was a list of different multiple items. :nuts:
    To get the driver's license changed is no biggie. :ugh:
    Sorry to have bothered everyone. :dunno:
    Next time I'll do my research before I vent. :runaway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    How would the guy at the counter at Rural king know you lived for 28 years at your last house? He's not a Swami. He has to do his job and follow the law. Just because you tell him you were at your last residence for 28 years doesn't matter. BMV usually has one night a week that they stay open during the evening so there's no excuse for not updating your license.

1. I got a speeding ticket after a month in my new address (I didn't know SE went from 40 mph down to 35 where it did), and the officer didn't seem to mind the wrong address at all. :laugh:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

For sure...

It does. The bank reports the transaction to the feds and that starts a check to see if I'm involved in anything nefarious. I bought a pistol less than a week prior to the large transactions and cleared nics in 5 minutes I'm approaching 2 days. I stopped into the bank today and asked if my withdrawals had been reported and was told it was policy to report all transactions over 5000 for accounts like mine that really only see the rent and reg bills going out every month. The banker told me not to worry, but the fbi and dhs have departments that get that report. If I was a regular spender the federal limit is 10k for reporting. I haven't even been pulled over in 5 years, the only thing to change has been the bank reporting my "suspicious" transaction, even tho it was on one of their cashiers checks to a known business...

Edit for Clarity
    -The bank does not report to nics, but the report can get your name and social on any number of lists with the fbi and other 3 letter agencies that are granted access for investigative purposes. They say this is to combat the funding of terrorist organizations. Nics has access to a lot of lists, so my name and number flagged as being on a watch or investigative list and now a person working backroom has to verify that paying off debt is not funding extremists before giving the proceed. I expect the three days to pass so I'll get the rifle on Saturday, but it is a pain.

"Rent and regular bill going out every month." Who gave them permission to track your banking activity. F Them.

I definitely would be looking for a new bank unless this is some new reg.

What if you were fortunate enough to get an inheritance or settlement and decided to pay some bills... All of the sudden you get delayed? Na.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Officer wasn’t being a butt. In my experience most aren’t.

Regarding delays. I see delays all the time. Sometimes it is regular customers that get delayed. It’s not uncommon. Especially on high volume days like right before Christmas.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have to laugh at some of the things said to me about this.
    I now know how students feel when the teacher gets on them for saying dumb things.
    Lesson learned.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have to laugh at some of the things said to me about this.
    I now know how students feel when the teacher gets on them for saying dumb things.
    Lesson learned.

Your reasonable and self-deprecating responses in this thread strike me as odd on INGO, but good-odd.

Top Bottom