• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    This is the most flaming I've recently (edit for contemporary accuracy) seen sent in the direction of a guy who's seems pretty sensible (emphasis added for blue falcon) (maybe a little too analytical but hey!) and the most tactful and self-deprecating response from the OP. For a minute, I forgot I was on a forum!

I think we all get frustrated when rules and regulations get in the way of our reasonable and lawful wants and needs.

Glad you just didn't go to another store and lie about your address.

My guess is that it will take you longer to drive to the BMV than the change will take. My last couple visits to the BMW have been shockingly fast and painless. One was even changing the name on a title with a POA. They have definitely improved in efficiency and training compared since years ago.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is the most flaming I've ever seen sent in the direction of a guy who's seems pretty sensible (maybe a little too analytical but hey!) and the most tactful and self-deprecating response from the OP. For a minute, I forgot I was on a forum!

I think we all get frustrated when rules and regulations get in the way of our reasonable and lawful wants and needs.

My guess is that it will take you longer to drive to the BMV than the change will take. My last couple visits to the BMW have been shockingly fast and painless. One was even changing the name on a title with a POA. They have definitely improved in efficiency and training compared since years ago.

You are obviously a noob. Once upon a time INGO was the flame thrower central to anyone who said something that did not align with INGO Dogma.

There was the practice of Negative repping someone into oblivion. It got so bad that Fenway had to shut down negative rep.

Most of the "flaming" now is good natured ribbing. Ddodge is a good guy who adds to the community and can take a bit of flack philosophically.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For contrast.

Let's not get carried away....

Yeah that would mean they are not all terrorists. :dunno:

Look. I know you're new to INGO, but around here you'll have to cite to peer reviewed studies before you can assert a crazy statistic like that.

And even that's no guarantee that your position will be accepted....

;)

Sorry, I got carried away.

Amazing how well Ddodge took it all.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Man I was waiting for an OP meltdown followed by an epic thread.
    1. Funny! An epic long thread: sure, but meltdown:popcorn:, I do work with Alternative Ed students for the past decade and before that H.S. and before that 20 yrs. of middle school, so a person learns not to take himself too seriously. :dunno:

Your reasonable and self-deprecating responses in this thread strike me as odd on INGO, but good-odd.
    2. I have so much fun here, and admitting being an idiot is not a stretch, plus self-deprecating humor has always been a specialty. :rockwoot:

This is the most flaming I've recently (edit for contemporary accuracy) seen sent in the direction of a guy who's seems pretty sensible (emphasis added for blue falcon) (maybe a little too analytical but hey!) and the most tactful and self-deprecating response from the OP. For a minute, I forgot I was on a forum!

3. I have been on a car forum for the past 8 yrs.: the guys were merciless, picking at anything and everything. After about 6 yrs. I got tired of it, but has alot of fun and some good friends for life there.

4. Psychologically/emotionally, it is when we have expectations is when we overreact: I didn't see it coming and didn't have my defenses up like I would at work with students. :laugh:
    People who know me, wonder why I'm not in jail, dealing with teenagers, and knowing I have no tolerance for "crap," but it is just a matter of knowing crap it coming. :nono:

5. No temptation since noone else is selling a $300 S/W M/P Compact .22 anyway, but lying is not an option.

6. My wife and I made a "date" out of it and we had such a good time talking and laughing. I took a book, but only got a page read before the called us, so it was indeed simple enough. I'm so ashamed of my complaining. :ugh:

Most of the "flaming" now is good natured ribbing. Ddodge is a good guy who adds to the community and can take a bit of flack philosophically.[/QUOTE]
    7. I can take it, and I indeed deserved it. :laugh: Makes me feel accepted, which is cool since I've been here only 8 months. :cheers:

There's a Rural King in Beech Grove?

8. Sorry: Greenwood.

Amazing how well Ddodge took it all.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That's a tough job and takes a special person to do successfully for a decade that which most of us couldn't do for a week.

Pat yourself on the back...Seriously...the dedication and hard work is appreciated.[/QUOTE

1. WOW! What a nice sentiment to express.
    2. Unexpected, and appreciated!
    3. I probably couldn't have done it when I was younger and really radical: I've grown old and mellowed. :laugh:
    4. I'm the kind of guy that goes to school and has fun every day. The kids know it, and enjoy it, since it is a job but I have fun even though I have to work very hard to keep things under control.
    5. But, this new job, instead of having 240 students per day, I have a few dozen, so my workload is minimal comparatively, just have to ready for the "attitude" of kids who think they are grown.
    6. As I've gotten older, it is easier to see the humor in it all, and I don't have to win every battle, just the war. :rockwoot:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    You are obviously a noob. Once upon a time INGO was the flame thrower central to anyone who said something that did not align with INGO Dogma.

There was the practice of Negative repping someone into oblivion. It got so bad that Fenway had to shut down negative rep.

Most of the "flaming" now is good natured ribbing. Ddodge is a good guy who adds to the community and can take a bit of flack philosophically.

The current atmosphere on INGO is much nicer, than what it was a few years ago. The flaming and self-rightious attitudes got so bad, I took a year off the boards. I appreciate the OP's honesty and willingness to lay it all out there. For the few who persist in being Debbie Downers, the below GIF sums up their contribution to this forum.

giphy.gif

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    That's a tough job and takes a special person to do successfully for a decade that which most of us couldn't do for a week.

Pat yourself on the back...Seriously...the dedication and hard work is appreciated.[/QUOTE

1. WOW! What a nice sentiment to express.
    2. Unexpected, and appreciated!
    3. I probably couldn't have done it when I was younger and really radical: I've grown old and mellowed. :laugh:
    4. I'm the kind of guy that goes to school and has fun every day. The kids know it, and enjoy it, since it is a job but I have fun even though I have to work very hard to keep things under control.
    5. But, this new job, instead of having 240 students per day, I have a few dozen, so my workload is minimal comparatively, just have to ready for the "attitude" of kids who think they are grown.
    6. As I've gotten older, it is easier to see the humor in it all, and I don't have to win every battle, just the war. :rockwoot:

After meeting you and talking with you for no more than 15 minutes, I can see how the kids love you.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    doddg-If you do nothing else on this forum, it wouldn't matter. You brighten and refresh everyones day. Wish I could keep as positive attitude as you. Hope you're having a wonderful day!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    About 888,000,000 results (0.95 seconds)

CxoDimIvLB2lioCfJg1UnRt12Lwft48737hDIvOb_Z9ann6HEFI2eBguwtQAT4YCNnkM-T8=s60

Image size:
    60 × 45
    No other sizes of this image found.

Best guess for this image: auto part

[h=2]Search Results[/h][h=3]Advance Auto Parts | Car & Truck Replacement Parts, Aftermarket ...[/h]https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/

Advance Auto Parts is your source for quality auto parts, advice and accessories. View car care tips, shop online for home delivery or pick up in one of our 4000 convenient store locations in 30 minutes or less.

[h=3]Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market[/h]www.car-part.com/

drawer86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2016
    Morgantown
    I will never try to purchase a gun from Rural King (RK) again.
    Last summer I tried to purchase a pistol at the RK in Martinsville but was turned down and after 28 days was still not approved and no reason was ever given.
    2 months prior I had purchased a new Rem 870 from a local dealer with no problem and a month prior I did a local dealer transfer for an online firearm purchase, again with no problem. Last spring I applied and received my license to carry a firearm in Indiana. So I don't see what the problem was other than a RK issue. I was told by the RK clerk that if NICS does not give me a reason for not approving my application after 3 days then the seller can give me the gun. However Rural King does not follow that rule. Also, this RK is located within 1000 feet of a school so they require the buyer to contain the purchased gun inside a locked container of some sort. How much infringement must happen before there is a 2nd amendment violation?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bought the S/W M/P Compact and have been to the range with it: love it!
    As good as the Mark 4 I rented,
    and better than a Ruger SR I rented and better than my Sig Sauer 1911-22 I own but now plan to sell.
    Other specific comments are in a range thread of mine.

Top Bottom