• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Where's Frank? Frank, are you boys sleeping at the wheel? Jkjk. I too am kinda curious as to what has been found and share the same concerns. I don't know if anything is being witheld from the media or not, but it wouldn't surprise me either. I would imagine too its possible since it was a relatively small explosion that there may not have been much evidence left.

Silence can speak volumes.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Drove thru the area on Thursday evening and didn’t see any evidence of explosions in the 3 medians. Seems if it was such a big explosion, there would have been more evidence in such a small area. :dunno:

I have not been down that way since it happened, if what I gathered was correct, it was west bound lanes near the cycle shop.

The wire across the path, yes, was Irvington as well. I don't think it really matters as to the where, it matters as to the why, who and when do they strike again.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    A friend got a text about the explosion from someone who heard it. The time on his text was a good 15 to 20 minutes before the reported time.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Where's Frank? Frank, are you boys sleeping at the wheel? Jkjk. I too am kinda curious as to what has been found and share the same concerns. I don't know if anything is being witheld from the media or not, but it wouldn't surprise me either. I would imagine too its possible since it was a relatively small explosion that there may not have been much evidence left.

I don't have any information on it. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a "mortar" or aerial firework that someone buried.

Silence can speak volumes.

I forgot about INGO being one of those places where not talking about something is just as bad as running your mouth about it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's probably a pretty good guess Frank. Makes sense to me since there doesn't seem to have been any shrapnel and the crater wasn't very deep etc. Probably some goofy kid trying to have some fun

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wonder if it was tannerite. If they used the .22 version, I'm not sure the gunshot would've been heard by anyone, or at least not differentiated from the sound of the BOOM. Also, the person responsible would've been able to watch the aftermath, which is usually where most of the juice comes from for the person doing it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I wonder if it was tannerite. If they used the .22 version, I'm not sure the gunshot would've been heard by anyone, or at least not differentiated from the sound of the BOOM. Also, the person responsible would've been able to watch the aftermath, which is usually where most of the juice comes from for the person doing it.

I highly doubt it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Halloween festival is in a few weeks. The road will be closed and covered with people. Think this was a test run?

I can't remember anyone doing a live test in an area that would later be a target. Indiana has a lot of wide-open spaces to bury an IED and see the impact.

Top Bottom