• Is a drop leg tactical holster gay?

• Total voters

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I saw a guy at Knob Creek wearing a full tactical operator drop leg almost down to his knee. It had two pistol mag pouches on it which led me to believe this guy was a tier 73 operator who didn't even need to use his weak hand to reload.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I saw a guy at Knob Creek wearing a full tactical operator drop leg almost down to his knee. It had two pistol mag pouches on it which led me to believe this guy was a tier 73 operator who didn't even need to use his weak hand to reload.

One of the videos that popped up after the Pincus vid was a guy "showing" how to assemble a drop leg and adjust it. He did the exact same thing by attaching two mag pouches to the "modular" system on the drop leg.

I wondered why the heck he'd want his spare pistol mags in front of and behind his holster on his strong side. He was also trying to adjust the position of the holster to sit on his thigh and not his hip. Now he was wearing ACU pants and tan boots, and seemed to be military so he may have a need to be below his chest rig, but that still seemed to be a bit low.

I also noticed that he kept looping and re-looping the extra strapping back onto itself, especially the leg straps. This was leaving some definite snag points around his holster.

Granted, he seemed to not be putting this together for more than the explanation and as a visual for people who don't know how to assemble the pieces. I would hope that he'd not run the spare mags on his strong side and cut off the extraneous strap material. And be smart enough to not try to wear the darn thing in his cargo pocket.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I gave this some serious thought and I'm going to have to agree with what DzenanS said.

Obviously he knows what he's talking about. :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Dropped holsters seem to work well for these fine gentlemen:

ANHDenimpose.jpg
    clinteastwood.jpg

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    ...and while looking for the above I ran across this:
    AAAAC2n4e6UAAAAAAQtfSA.jpg

Don't worry, I'll get the group buy started. Just send me your address and let me know if you want 10 or 15 pairs.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OK a leather cowboy rig with a big stainless revolver and wood grips is kind of cool. Tactical nylon with a plastic gun is gay.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

Keegan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Thigh Rigs are Tact-i-cool!!! Makes an easy transition from your ar platform to your secondary pistol. Plus you can attach a fixed blade knife to it.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I bought a Tactical Tailor drop rig used for super cheap from a gun store clearance pile just to try it out. I bought it last spring so I haven't had a lot of opportunity to run it except for a couple times to see if I like it. My planned use for it is in the winter when I'm shooting or otherwise spending a lot of time outside or in the woods. It is difficult to wear my Carhartt jacket with a sidearm on because it has the tendency to ride my jacket up and access to my gun is very limited. Much more convenient down a little lower. This isn't as big of a deal with my other jackets that don't have elastic waist bands because they can be draped over the gun, but not with my Carhartt. I don't think I'd be seen in public wearing it outside of being with my buddies.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    They have their place. Lets say you run a chest rig during a class, etc. Often times the vest can get in the way of your pistol if your holster if worn on your belt. That's where drop leg holsters come in handy.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So far almost 40% answered the poll with Bacon. Does that mean that 40% of INGO is wearing around drop leg holsters and just doesn't want to admit it? :laugh:

Update: I had a few extra minutes yesterday and shortened the straps on a safariland dropleg holster. Now grip of my gun sits almost at the belt line. I think it will work a lot better. Maybe next time I am out in public with Jbloemenberg16 and U.S.Patriot I will wear it. ;)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Whatever works for you. In the end, I want to be safe. I dont think where you carry has anything to do with your sexual tendencies :laugh:

I would certainly hope not, what if one preference had the better carry method, would you bat for that team to save your own life????????/ hahaha :rockwoot:
    Like any other holster or carry method, depends on what you are going to be doing, what you need it to do, and why you are using it. For somethings, the drop leg holster will be what you need, for other things, it wouldnt be the best choice (Concealed carry for instance). However, its more what you need it for then what looks cool. It can look cool all day, and if it don't help you, or even worse, hinders you, then you will be the best looking corpse on the fighting field.

Top Bottom