Is a magazine capacity limit compromise in the works?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    "Those in law enforcement have argued that combining background checks and straw purchasing penalties would do much to reduce the criminal use of guns."

Check me if I'm wrong - isn't straw purchasing already illegal?

The mental giants that don't know the difference in a "clip" and a "magazine" are the ones now declaring high capacity directly proportional to the devastation in a shooting because it's difficult for an inexperienced shooter to change the magazine?! Are you serious? Is there data somewhere to support this claim? Did someone load the weapons for the shooters before they committed their crimes?

Absolutely friggin' NO! Why "compromise" when there's absolutely no common sense or scientific data used here. This is a witch hunt pure and simple. Old fashioned machine politics. Period. Hell no! NO.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know you're being facetious, but I will not agree to that. No compromises. And by "no compromises", I mean "ZERO", "NONE", "NADA", "ZILCH", "YOU LOSE. YOU GET NOTHING. GOOD DAY SIR."

Going back to your other post on compromise though. I agree, let's get something for it. So I personally would be willing to go with TopDog's 150 (let's start at 1000 rounds as we don't know if we might get a mini some day) round mag limit if they get rid of all the ridiculous NFA rules. No law infringing on auto vs. semi-auto, suppressors, barrel length, etc.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Going back to your other post on compromise though. I agree, let's get something for it. So I personally would be willing to go with TopDog's 150 (let's start at 1000 rounds as we don't know if we might get a mini some day) round mag limit if they get rid of all the ridiculous NFA rules. No law infringing on auto vs. semi-auto, suppressors, barrel length, etc.

You misunderstand me. I am not willing to negotiate. I will not sell any more of my rights. I'm not interested in "getting something for it" because I'm not offering anything.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    STOP THE INSANITY!!! Drunk Drivers kill more in a year, Cancer kills more in a year, Abortion kills more in a year, WAR kills more in a year, starvation kills more worldwide!! What the heck is wrong with politicians????

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    "Evidence suggests that a ban on magazine size would indeed reduce the number of those killed in mass shootings, largely because of the difficulty in changing clips, particularly among amateur gun users."

What?!?

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    They ban magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds.
    There is a mass shooting, where the shooter uses 'pre ban' 15 round magazines.
    They go to confiscation of previously owned 15 round mags.
    Then, there is another mass shooting where the shooter uses 10 round magazines, but has 10 of them and just switches magazines to keep firing.
    They ban 10 round magazines.
    Then, someone commits a mass shooting with several revolvers.
    They go after those.

The point is, when would they stop? Would they ever? That why it is time to draw the line in the sand NOW. Not give an inch. No compromises. Everything is on the line here.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Didn't the VA shooter use a backpack full of mostly 10 round mags? Does this not even enter these politician's brains at all? What a bunch of idiot loosers.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Devil's advocate here...

If the left wants disarmament of us all...isn't them willing to 'compromise' back to just the UBC and a 20 round limit is a 'compromise' on their part....right?

Or a smaller step...left wants assault weapons banned and confiscated when current owners die....stepping back to a 20 rd mag limit and UBC's...isn't that a compromise on their part?

I don't agree with either as I agree that whatever they get is just a stepping stone....just pointing out that they are actually compromising back from what they really want.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Didn't the VA shooter use a backpack full of mostly 10 round mags? Does this not even enter these politician's brains at all? What a bunch of idiot loosers.
    Yes he did...
    So the next logical step for the dumbass Liberal Democrats in office will be to limit the number of mags that each person can own.
    They'll likely settle on "one" as the magic number.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    What is the difference between a 30 round magazine or 3-10 round magazines, about 9 seconds?

A determined psycho with two wheel guns, a pump shotgun over the shoulder, and a bag full of pipe bombs could destroy any elementary school in the country.

I want safe kids, not the illusion of safety. Penalize straw purchasers, beef up background checks with the mental health information and add a tax credit for those who buy gun safes???

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Devil's advocate here...

If the left wants disarmament of us all...isn't them willing to 'compromise' back to just the UBC and a 20 round limit is a 'compromise' on their part....right?

Or a smaller step...left wants assault weapons banned and confiscated when current owners die....stepping back to a 20 rd mag limit and UBC's...isn't that a compromise on their part?

I don't agree with either as I agree that whatever they get is just a stepping stone....just pointing out that they are actually compromising back from what they really want.

If I knock on your door and demand that you give me your car and your tractor, is it a compromise if I say "then just give me your tractor"? I'm still demanding something that's yours and offering nothing in return. Offering you your own car is not a compromise, its just demanding less.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Devil's advocate here...

I know you're pay devils advocate, but when I hear such arguements, I always put the process into simple terms:

"Give me $20, right now."
    "No, ok, I'll compromise to $10. Deal? Thanks for compromising."

That's the current climate of "compromise" in DC. Unfortunately, we've already seen the house leadership enter into budget/fiscal negotiations saying "We'll give you $5, no more" before the talks even start.... scary.

-rvb

edit: A true compromise would be removing the '86 MG ban and reducing silencer/SBR/SBS registration tax to $5. THAT would be a compromise w/ both sides giving up something and gaining something. After all, if UBCs are going to be so wonderful, then it should be ok to make these items more available to those who society/gov has deemed "fit" to own arms, right? and if mag capacity is limited, the potential danger from a MG is limited, right?

Should I quit my day job and go into politics?

-rvb

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Give me $20, right now."
    "No, ok, I'll compromise to $10. Deal? Thanks for compromising."
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Should I quit my day job and go into politics?
    Only if you enjoy being laughed at and penniless.

It's not a compromise when only one side is giving up something and that same side is getting nothing in return while the other side is getting just what they want. The Left is not giving up their goal of ultimate and complete disarmament. They're just achieving less of it in the here and now. The rest will just be on the table the next time the gun rights faction is asked to "compromise".

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    We all see that what the democreeps and liberals are asking for as a compromise position is not really a compromise, but just a demand for less than they actually would like to get. How do we get our spineless and gutless, repukelicans and conservatives to see and understand this when they seem to be stuck on being very happy with just not giving the liberal gun grabbers everthing that they want at this time. I can not believe how stupid the repukelicans are. Maybe they are not really as stupid as they seem because they also want all of us to be disarmed so that we will be much more easily managed when the time comes.

Top Bottom