• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    For non-freeze dried meals you can try o’meals. They have a 5 year shelf life and include the heating pack in the meal. Just add water and wait. Some have a better consistency and flavor than the freeze dried and so far I only have added salt to improve flavor. I use them as lunch when I need to rotate stock.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Speaking of... does anyone have any recommendations for companies that supply dehydrated foodstuffs, etc. Kind of surprised that there isn't an 'emergency prep' forum here. Might be a little late to be doing this, but I've never been fashionably early to many parties. :/
    ??? This thread is in the "Survival and Disaster Preparedness" subforum....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    What would be the target driectly east of Evansville? And the one directly above that one? That awfully close to home, but I can't really think of what these could be.

Edit: I realized the one directly east is probably the Rockport Powerplant, still not sure about the ones above it though.
    Looks like the assumption is the power infrastructure. Two of the three to the north and NW are the Duke plant west of Princeton and the Petersburg generating station. Not sure what the one near Huntingburg (?) is. Clearly Crane is hit as well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    ??? This thread is in the "Survival and Disaster Preparedness" subforum....

I've noticed that alot of the prepper channels I follow on Youtube have been talking more and more about nuclear war the past few months. These same channels were talking about a pandemic in late 2019/early 2020 so I tend to research what they talk about a little bit.

I'm just curious if anybody else is seeing this trend and preparing for it? I've got Mira safety gas masks and filters. I was looking at getting a few more masks and a case of filters. I'd probably get a few sizes of full chemical suits, a Geiger counter, and a book on Nuclear survival.

Is anyone else concerned about this or would this be money wasted?
    Does this topic not belong here? I believe it does, but that is just me…

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    What would be the target driectly east of Evansville? And the one directly above that one? That awfully close to home, but I can't really think of what these could be.

Edit: I realized the one directly east is probably the Rockport Powerplant, still not sure about the ones above it though.
    Either the Rockport Power Plant plus AK Steel immediately to its north, or the Warrick Power Plant with the Alcoa aluminum smelter and Kaiser (ex-Alcoa) fabricating plant.

Or, "why not both??"

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    I think they will pull off cyber hacking fist, shutting down internet communications .
    Causing even more "disruptions" in the supply chains and then maybe even some EMPs and crashing the market ( the big reset) before nukes , but who knows since there are so many unstable people acting as world leaders.

Top Bottom