• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    After dealing with the "Rails to Trails" crowd for several years as they mislead agencies when filing for TEA funds, attempting to get the cities to condemn property that by Indiana law belongs to adjacent landowners of abandoned rail roads for them, and using tax monies collected on gasoline sales to "purchase" these railbeds, YES I feel the bicycle riders SHOULD have to buy a license. They even go as far as AFTER they gain control of the property of selling easements to power/water/fiber optic companies to raise money.

If you have had to deal with one of these organizations you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. They forced the city to install bike racks on IndyGo buses, wasting my/your tax dollars. Anyone want to talk about the crime commited AND COVERED UP on the Monon trail that was paid for mostly with my/your tax dollars? Or the tax money used by local comunities to condemn land for trail use?

Just because it's a bicycle, dosen't mean the rider should not pay his/her fair share. After all, me/you/us had to help PAY for their hobby.

Rant over.:yesway:

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I dont know, but it pisse me off when you have a group of people "cycling" on the road right nest to a freakin sidewalk. Go the freakin speed limit or get off the road plain and simple. They make sidewalks for non motorized vehicles, use em! And in the country get off to the side at least, I'm payin to drive on the freakin road you arent!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    After dealing with the "Rails to Trails" crowd for several years as they mislead agencies when filing for TEA funds, attempting to get the cities to condemn property that by Indiana law belongs to adjacent landowners of abandoned rail roads for them, and using tax monies collected on gasoline sales to "purchase" these railbeds, YES I feel the bicycle riders SHOULD have to buy a license. They even go as far as AFTER they gain control of the property of selling easements to power/water/fiber optic companies to raise money.

If you have had to deal with one of these organizations you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. They forced the city to install bike racks on IndyGo buses, wasting my/your tax dollars. Anyone want to talk about the crime commited AND COVERED UP on the Monon trail that was paid for mostly with my/your tax dollars? Or the tax money used by local comunities to condemn land for trail use?

Just because it's a bicycle, dosen't mean the rider should not pay his/her fair share. After all, me/you/us had to help PAY for their hobby.

Rant over.:yesway:

Your local politicians weren't made to do anything that they didn't agree to. They wasted your tax dollars on their own free will. Don't punish every bicyclist because you've got some wasteful politicians. I have no clue who that group is but they don't speak for everyone with a bike. Some people just want to be left alone and ride. It's not right that they have to beg the Man for a permission slip to do so.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Rambone

Cycling is a hobby for me. My bike alone was 8 grand with the wheels. That is $560 in tax money Collected. If you run a red light you should be ticketed. Bike impounded? No.
    hunter46140
    I dont know, but it pisse me off when you have a group of people "cycling" on the road right nest to a freakin sidewalk. Go the freakin speed limit or get off the road plain and simple. They make sidewalks for non motorized vehicles, use em! And in the country get off to the side at least, I'm payin to drive on the freakin road you arent!

I own a car. I pay taxes. Do I not help keep the roads up? I don 't expect you to understand. You don't ride road bikes on sidewalks. Not effectively anyway.

Firehawk:

I agree with your assesment. Some organizations want to take it too far. These are generally leftist "i hate your dirty suv" groups. Most bicycle forums have sections called living car free. These are usually full with cooks.

However, i don't ride those trails. They are dangerous for me. People walking dogs, listening to ipods. You call out that you are passing them and they don't hear you. Or you get the hey i am on your left and the person steps left and you go over your handle bars. Broken collar bones suck.

Top Bottom