• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    The science and archeology of that though isn't what's at issue in this video.
    You're coming from a, not even a god of the gaps but a god first, all other is bunk argument.
    At which point why engage on the science at all?
    This is not the video I was thinking of in my previous post discussing Dawkins & aliens, but at the end of it, Ben Stein nails the answer to your question (if God, why bother) perfectly. Short clip...
    [video=youtube_share;GlZtEjtlirc]http://youtu.be/GlZtEjtlirc[/video]

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No.
    You get to experience the reality of Christ.
    What you do with it when it happens is up to you.

When? If you were Ug the cave man and had never known anything about God except some guy screaming and prancing around the fire with antlers tied to his head... you are still going to meet your maker. What Christianity is about is that He had to let you know He has your back. At some point you say yes or no. You get to take your time.

Clearly lots of people experience the reality of christ, its just dependent on geography and time the conclusion they draw from it- Glooscap, Zeus, bahl, yahweh, Shiva,jesus, Shangti, etc, etc, etc.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think the Christian religion needs to address the issue of evolution and find a way to accept it. The body of archaeological and DNA evidence is very compelling and only becoming more so over time.

At one time the Church felt threatened by anyone saying the Earth orbited the Sun rather than the old geocentric opinion. They resisted the body of heliocentric evidence as long as they could but then it became obvious they needed to change. This is similar and religion is resisting change as man gains more knowledge.

Some people feel the need to take sides between creationism and evolution when they should be be looking for compatibility.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I don't see why the theory should be a sticking point one way or the other for any religions.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    And come to think about it, what happens when He wipes the slate has much more to say about the lifeforms present than what lifeforms evolve, if they do.
    But hey, I'm the one that thinks creation is ongoing so I reckon recreation is the norm.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2019
    Austin
    Yes and the bible was pounded into my head since I was a baby.

If I had been born in Indonesia I'd be having the same arguments with Muslims who're just as convinced.

Imagine what a mess the religious discussions would be if we had representatives of all the religions here. would anyone lose a bit of faith seeing so many adherents to incompatible beliefs exhibiting the same conviction?

I can see a big problem with others pounding anything into someone's head. That's called brainwashing! The truth only comes from self revelation through the Holy Spirit of God. And as far as "these other religions" that's just what they are religions. I have a religion with guns, but not a personal relationship. All the leaders of these other religions have one thing in common. They are all DEAD! Christ is they only one that history has proven to be resurrected from the dead. So, "don't harden you're heart."

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I can see a big problem with others pounding anything into someone's head. That's called brainwashing! The truth only comes from self revelation through the Holy Spirit of God. And as far as "these other religions" that's just what they are religions. I have a religion with guns, but not a personal relationship. All the leaders of these other religions have one thing in common. They are all DEAD! Christ is they only one that history has proven to be resurrected from the dead. So, "don't harden you're heart."

I think that you do not know the meaning of the word "proven."

Top Bottom