• ...and so much more!
  • 3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I hated glocks...for a long time.

Then I shot one, now I have one. Mind you, I just shot the one for the first time the end of november...and Ill be picking up my second, maybe third here in the next few weeks.

Oh, and people actually sell their guns?? :dunno:

Glock17 Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    N. Manchester
    I think Glocks are OK, I am just really put off by the cult-like attitude many of their owners seem to take on.

I love glocks but the cult-like attitude for glocks dosn't seem worse than the 1911 club , the HK club , the AR club , the AK club , or any other GREAT guns fan club. That most of us are life time members of at lest 2 or 3 maybe all of them.:twocents:

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I owned and loved Glocks, had a G22 and G19. Made decision to pare down to only 9mm so traded the G22 for a speed six revolver and kept the 9mm. Then decided I made a mistake trading the .40 cal and went to trade the G19 back for the G22. However, I was side tracked to an FNP .40. Way better feel in my hand but I still love the Glock. I wonder why I (and other's are so biased toward Glocks when there are many other good options)? I bought the FNP and here is opinion; it is by far a much better looking gun. That means little since I like the Glock's uglyness. But, the FNP feels better, shoots better, and breaks down better. However, I still want a glock but I don't know why. I suspect other glock lovers feel the same. I currently don't own a glock and am wanting to buy one just to have one even tho I really like the FNP, SR, XD, and MP. Thinking of buying a 9mm so my dilemma is buy glock just to have one or be open minded about my next purchase. Funny thing is I don't need a 9mm. Maybe I just need a Glock....HELP!
    I own one, so far. The Mod. 23. Would like to get a few more magazines for it, as well as nite-sites, and maybe a set of those slip-on grips.....:cool:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    For me, it is the combination of the simplicity w/ the ready-to-go aspect at a reasonable price point. I love the fit, feel, handling, and aesthetics 1911s, but at the time I bought my first Glock there were relatively few 1911s available for <$700 that were ready for carry without needing upgrades to improve the reliability. For that price in a Glock, I could get night sights, holster, mags, and mag carrier and still have money left for ammo.

FWIW, I think Springfield one-upped Glock in the ready-to-go space when they decided to include the extras with their XD pistol. Just cannot get myself to switch, however.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I only laugh at the OP's first post because I felt nothing but panic and excitement over guns and loving them.

That's why we love bein' American. :rockwoot:

And if you're controversial with the Glock hype... I have a few quick questions for you.

Do you enjoy and prefer...
    - Starbucks
    - LA Fitness
    - Apple computers
    - iPhones
    - Cadillacs

....this is just a test. :D

Piston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Unless you're in a pinch, there's no reason to sell guns. If you want a Glock, then put some money aside and buy one again, but don't sell it!

carry4me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Held a Glock

I have shot and held several glocks and I don't like the feel. I think it is just personal preference.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    And if you're controversial with the Glock hype... I have a few quick questions for you.

Do you enjoy and prefer...
    - Starbucks NO-No coffee or Lattes
    - LA Fitness NO-Work is exercise
    - Apple computers NO-Uhh, regular Windows PC
    - iPhones NO-Old style phone, but not rotary
    - Cadillacs NO-Chevy

....this is just a test. :D

I have shot and held several glocks and I don't like the feel. I think it is just personal preference.
    Good reason not to like them. Find one that feels right.

I think Glocks are OK, I am just really put off by the cult-like attitude many of their owners seem to take on.
    Who cares what others think. Go with what you want and what you like.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I owned and loved Glocks, had a G22 and G19. Made decision to pare down to only 9mm so traded the G22 for a speed six revolver and kept the 9mm. Then decided I made a mistake trading the .40 cal and went to trade the G19 back for the G22. However, I was side tracked to an FNP .40. Way better feel in my hand but I still love the Glock. I wonder why I (and other's are so biased toward Glocks when there are many other good options)? I bought the FNP and here is opinion; it is by far a much better looking gun. That means little since I like the Glock's uglyness. But, the FNP feels better, shoots better, and breaks down better. However, I still want a glock but I don't know why. I suspect other glock lovers feel the same. I currently don't own a glock and am wanting to buy one just to have one even tho I really like the FNP, SR, XD, and MP. Thinking of buying a 9mm so my dilemma is buy glock just to have one or be open minded about my next purchase. Funny thing is I don't need a 9mm. Maybe I just need a Glock....HELP!
    Just close your eyes, click your heels together 3 times, and say; there are OTHER guns than glock, there are other guns than glock... REPEAT as needed ...

Top Bottom