• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Being from IL, IN is gun paradise in comparison. Especially when I look over and see the gun laws in their legislatures right now...

That being said, IN being a red flag state is a HUGE negative to me. Confiscate before due process?

If things really take a turn for a worse, liberals will start calling the cops and "red flagging" every conservative they find out owns guns. Like the swatting pranks on online gaming streamers.

Red flag laws are disastrous, and I don't know how anyone can even consider calling Indiana #1 while considering that factor.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Being from IL, IN is gun paradise in comparison. Especially when I look over and see the gun laws in their legislatures right now...

That being said, IN being a red flag state is a HUGE negative to me. Confiscate before due process?

If things really take a turn for a worse, liberals will start calling the cops and "red flagging" every conservative they find out owns guns. Like the swatting pranks on online gaming streamers.

Red flag laws are disastrous, and I don't know how anyone can even consider calling Indiana #1 while considering that factor.

You might want to take a minute to understand how Red Flag laws work. It isn't as easy as making a phone call, and quite often requires judicial approval beforehand.

There's a lot of FUD* around it that needs cleared up.

* EDIT: I didn't realize FUDD isn't the same as FUD!

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Please elaborate?

Not meant to be a smart-@$$ comment, I just don't feel like looking them up.

I got work to do today - but there are threads here on INGO... this one is probably the most informative.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ent/460992-molon-labe-bang-2.html#post7723019

I can't say I know everything about it, I really would like to know more in a cas-by-case basis, but on the whole, a lot of gun owners are spreading a lot of fear, uncertainty, and doubt about the laws, as if all it takes is one phone call and all reason is thrown out the door.

I really haven't formed a opinion on if these laws are good or bad, and I'd like to see the results before I do so.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I got work to do today - but there are threads here on INGO... this one is probably the most informative.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ent/460992-molon-labe-bang-2.html#post7723019

I can't say I know everything about it, I really would like to know more in a cas-by-case basis, but on the whole, a lot of gun owners are spreading a lot of fear, uncertainty, and doubt about the laws, as if all it takes is one phone call and all reason is thrown out the door.

I really haven't formed a opinion on if these laws are good or bad, and I'd like to see the results before I do so.
    Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Muddiest water I've seen in a while.
    FUD= Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

FUDD= non-military gun owners

Just in case that was what you asked?

Yeah, I didn't know about "Fudd".
    Ok, I didn't know about FUD, though it makes sense.

I knew about Fudd, but I didn't think it had anything to do with military service. To me it was always those who were gun guys, but only cared about their hunting/sporting guns and couldn't understand why anybody "needs" an AR so screw those.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I knew about Fudd, but I didn't think it had anything to do with military service. To me it was always those who were gun guys, but only cared about their hunting/sporting guns and couldn't understand why anybody "needs" an AR so screw those.

I think that's probably the most valid definition.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I'm guessing if a lot of False Red Flag allegations start to be filed, Indiana Law Enforcement is going to get the red ass very quickly on the perpetrators of said false claims. The repercussions, I hope, will be suited to the crime of false reporting, with 10x the amount of $$ in resources wasted.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You might want to take a minute to understand how Red Flag laws work. It isn't as easy as making a phone call, and quite often requires judicial approval beforehand.

There's a lot of FUD* around it that needs cleared up.

* EDIT: I didn't realize FUDD isn't the same as FUD!

I don't doubt there are safeguards in place. But consider our opposition...

The left supports all sorts of gun control despite "shall not be infringed" in the 2nd amendment. They do not care about the written law. Only their agenda.

So in an area with leftist judges... let's see how well those safeguards work out.

Maybe Indiana will fare better than other states in this regard.

But any amount of confiscation before due process should have us all very concerned.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm guessing if a lot of False Red Flag allegations start to be filed, Indiana Law Enforcement is going to get the red ass very quickly on the perpetrators of said false claims. The repercussions, I hope, will be suited to the crime of false reporting, with 10x the amount of $$ in resources wasted.

I sure hope that would be the case.

Better yet, as soon as they're obviously abused, maybe then republicans will have the guts to overturn such laws.

Top Bottom