• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    17,000 already dead in Syria. I don't think we can sit on the sidelines and let Iran help Syria massacre these people, even if they are members of the Muslim Brotherhood. Wholesale slaughter of humans is not something I think we can morally tolerate.

Now is the time for Obama to show fierce leadership, and to give China and Russia an ultimatum. This should not be an East vs. West situation, it should be a humanitarian effort from all sides. What do you think Obama will do?

Iran general: Reprisals await 'Arabs' over Syria | Fox News

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Call me a heartless SOB, but any diplomacy should be focused on keeping other countries out of this altogether. This is a matter for the Syrian people. Any truce that could be brokered would not last, this regime would just go about their business in an even more repressive manner. It's just not our place to interfere, anymore than it's the UN's job to interfere in America's business.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Call me a heartless SOB, but any diplomacy should be focused on keeping other countries out of this altogether. This is a matter for the Syrian people. Any truce that could be brokered would not last, this regime would just go about their business in an even more repressive manner. It's just not our place to interfere, anymore than it's the UN's job to interfere in America's business.

I totally understand that, but you can't tell me that Iran--our worst enemy--joining in and ganging up on the rebels sits well with you. Iran is showing weakness. They obviously fear their own demise if Syria falls, and that's why I think we have to do something major, probably not sending troops though. We could pressure Russia and China to stop backing Syria, and for them to force Assad to step aside.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I totally understand that, but you can't tell me that Iran--our worst enemy--joining in and ganging up on the rebels sits well with you. Iran is showing weakness. They obviously fear their own demise if Syria falls, and that's why I think we have to do something major, probably not sending troops though. We could pressure Russia and China to stop backing Syria, and for them to force Assad to step aside.

If we want to do something, we should to tell Iran, China, Russia, etc. that as long as they keep out of it, so will we. It's a matter for the Syrians only. If anything, it shouldn't be about helping one side or the other, it should be about keeping other governments from interfering in this situation. The Syrian people were protesting peacefully, the government started the use of force, and now they're fighting a revolution. I don't even have a problem if people want to enter Syria to fight for one side or the other as long as it's not sponsored by a government, whether it be Iran, China, or the US.

Jim Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    I'm still looking for the portion of the Constitution that authorizes our involvement in the matter.

Wait, what am I thinking? Those that wish to expand the state decide when and where we go to war....not that silly old piece of paper.

My bad.

Sorry.

Doorstep of WWIII by mid 13.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, I guess we can look forward to the OP enlisting to do his part? Or maybe heading over to the area and joining up with the Free Syrian forces? Or maybe, just maybe, he wants someone else to do the bleeding and dying for his cause? None of us care for what's happening in Syria, but it's none of our damned business. You want to see fighting and dying it's as easy as buying a plane ticket.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    I'm still looking for the portion of the Constitution that authorizes our involvement in the matter.

Wait, what am I thinking? Those that wish to expand the state decide when and where we go to war....not that silly old piece of paper.

My bad.

Sorry.

Doorstep of WWIII by mid 13.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    17,000 already dead in Syria. I don't think we can sit on the sidelines and let Iran help Syria massacre these people, even if they are members of the Muslim Brotherhood. Wholesale slaughter of humans is not something I think we can morally tolerate.

Now is the time for Obama to show fierce leadership, and to give China and Russia an ultimatum. This should not be an East vs. West situation, it should be a humanitarian effort from all sides. What do you think Obama will do?

Iran general: Reprisals await 'Arabs' over Syria | Fox News

The more Assad kills now, the fewer WE will have to kill later.

These are not freedom fighters. You have a war between an evil dictator and a evil rebel force.

I say we make popcorn and watch the overall level of evil in the world get progressively lower with each day.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Because Russia and China have such a long history of bowing to American pressure?

It's not our fight. We should mind our own business until it becomes our fight. And once that happens, we need to ask ourselves one simple question, answer it honestly, and then do it:

What would Attila do?

Jim Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012

Iran is our worst enemy?

Really?

Why?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    With Syria, we have a choice between the Syrian government, which hates us because we've supported Israel, and, if the rebels topple the government, the Muslim Brotherhood, which also hates us and wants to destroy us AND Israel. I don't see any particular reason to spend our resources helping either side. I do feel badly for the people of Syria, but not that sorry.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    With Syria, we have a choice between the Syrian government, which hates us because we've supported Israel, and, if the rebels topple the government, the Muslim Brotherhood, which also hates us and wants to destroy us AND Israel. I don't see any particular reason to spend our resources helping either side. I do feel badly for the people of Syria, but not that sorry.

And might I add, We have no Money.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    A buddy of mine just breezed through there earlier this year actually. I don't think he was there long, a month maybe.

Top Bottom