Is it appropriate to keep one's knife in one's lap?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    That's when ettiquette says you may think the following: Y"ou ask the significant other if he's ever considered therapy his pe$%le fixation. Also, in case you are considering using that Chinese POS you call a knife on me, let me assure you the disposable scalplel in my poceket, guided by my trained hands and spider-like reflexexes, you'd be bleeding out on the floor before you could say WTF??? Now, back towhat I was saying. Are we clear? After that I'll just go all Dexter on you with my Ultratech."

Then you say, "You look a little distracted, do I need to go over this with you again?"

best response ever...for an 80's movie

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yesterday while updating a patient there was a gruff looking significant other in the room. He had his knife resting in his lap rather than on his belt, in a pocket, etc. it was a folding knife and the blade was not exposed, but it seemed like it was on display.

what does social etiquette say regarding knives? It made me wonder if it was placed in a position to be noticed.

He was showing you he was there and rough&ready. Scary Huh.

I would have told him to put it away but in your work environment etiquette may differ.
    He was being an A$$ Hat.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    If you're not using it for a specific purpose, put it away. It's not a damn 'toy'.

Well....sometimes it is. I have a Spyderco pocket knife that I take with me everywhere that I can legally. I'm also a fidgeter, doodler, etc - I just can't sit still. I could envision a scenario where my wife is seeing a doctor and to calm my nerves pull out the knife to fidget with it.

In fact, I was playing tetris on my phone while we found out the gender at my wifes fist ultrasound. Not because I was not interested - quite the opposite. I just need to be doing something with my hands to calm the nerves (thats what she said?) sometimes I use my pocket knife.

Top Bottom