Quigley-Copy.jpg

You're so cool.............!!! ;)

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Is it hypocritical of actors who would advocate gun control and restriction to make money acting in films in which the character they play uses guns that would make most of us salivate to own?

Yes, absolutely! They PROFIT from the use of guns and then turn around and claim that no one should have them? HUH? :dunno:

(Only THEY can benefit from the use of guns?!) I don't think so!

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Yes. Hypocritical, by definition, is saying one thing and doing another. If you as a person speak out against guns, regardless of your chosen profession, and then promote the use / glamorization of guns; you are indeed a hypocritical person. If you truly believe in the words that come out of your pie hole - then stand by them. If you don't, then not only do you lack conviction and character, you are a sell out if you profit from your hypocrisy.:twocents:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Actors act for money. If a person accepts money for something against their principles, fantasy or not, to me, that makes them a hypocrite.

well, someone finally said what I was going to.

If I was an actor, I would work at McDonalds before compromising certain beliefs. The fact that they take money for contradicting their personal beliefs is hypocritical.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I don't think of it as hypocrisy per se for actors to have anti-gun positions and do gun films. I do consider that... well, KIND OF hypocritical (the "money where your mouth is" kind) but not really in the larger sense.

WHere I think of them as hypocritical is when I see them do a "Drugs are bad, m'kay?" commercial, and I know he's a coke head, or when I see Rosie give her big anti-gun tirade, and I know she employs armed bodyguards.

THAT is hypocrisy.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I could care less about anything any actor, entertainer or the like have to say on any political or social subject. Look at John Mellencamp's sorry liberal worthless a--. Like someone would really care what the POS thought on any subject!!! I despise him so bad that if one of his songs come's on radio I turn the channel.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    They make money from the rough em up shoot em up flicks, then anti support the right of people for self defense. I would say it's hypo.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    No. Film is fantasy where action and violence are nothing more than entertainment. That has nothing to do with the real world where guns are bad.

The problem with that is Hollywierd uses it's platform to promote Liberal Political ideology all of the time, both on the big screen and the little one.

So hypocrisy, ABSOFLIPPIN'LOOTLY. :rolleyes:

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I would say that is right up there with all the thugs that stole and dealt in drugs and stolen guns, etc. saying that its not right to pirate their music. Also like models getting their own talk shows to speak out against the objectification women in the media.

Amen brother!

Top Bottom