Fort Wayne

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    [h=2]Bill to move most federal agencies out of DC...[/h]
    The Helping Infrastructure Restore the Economy (HIRE) Act (S. 2672) would move 90% of the positions in 10 executive departments to the following states:

DepartmentState
    Department of AgricultureMissouri
    Department of CommercePennsylvania
    Department of EducationTennessee
    Department of EnergyKentucky
    Health and Human ServicesIndiana
    Housing and Urban DevelopmentOhio
    Department of InteriorNew Mexico
    Department of LaborWest Virginia
    Department of TransportationMichigan
    Veterans AffairsSouth Carolina

The legislation also requires the federal government to move most non-department agencies to economically distressed regions that have a geographic nexus to the agency.

https://www.fedsmith.com/2019/10/23/...encies-out-dc/

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've got a better idea for dept of ed, abolish it and put states back in charge of their own education.

How many of those departments are truly necessary to begin with.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'd be worried they would bring their laws with em and try to make everywhere a gun free zone

Heck, made a lot of them are just excited to get away from those laws.

Most of these people are just low-level employees who want to work with plants, or uranium or ...

They're not politicians.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a better idea for dept of ed, abolish it and put states back in charge of their own education.

Totally with you there. I seriously can't think of a single positive thing to come from the Dept of Ed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

^This^

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bill to move most federal agencies out of DC...

The Helping Infrastructure Restore the Economy (HIRE) Act (S. 2672) would move 90% of the positions in 10 executive departments to the following states:

DepartmentState
    Department of AgricultureMissouri
    Department of CommercePennsylvania
    Department of EducationTennessee
    Department of EnergyKentucky
    Health and Human ServicesIndiana
    Housing and Urban DevelopmentOhio
    Department of InteriorNew Mexico
    Department of LaborWest Virginia
    Department of TransportationMichigan
    Veterans AffairsSouth Carolina

The legislation also requires the federal government to move most non-department agencies to economically distressed regions that have a geographic nexus to the agency.

https://www.fedsmith.com/2019/10/23/...encies-out-dc/
    HHS? Seriously? Why couldn’t we get something better than HHS. That’s like the first one I’d ****can.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The necessity has been long recognized so dispersal has been underway for years. Funding is needed to move bureaucracies without big black budgets so yeah, they need bills passed to cover the costs.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    This is one of the best ideas ever!

The D.C. area is one of the richest areas in the country because Uncle Sugar pays no matter what the economy is doing. This is a generational problem often families have been “career employees” for several generations. Swamp rats are experts at employee regulation and know how to work bonuses, sick days, leave days TSP. They also wrap themselves in the flag and claim to be doing the work of the people trust me most of them are out for themselves and assorted cronies.

The DOD and VA are loaded with veterans and retired military that are dedicated to the mission. They also work alongside Swamp Rats that are out from themself. I have a special place in my heart for government “career employees” that are not team oriented.

Busting up the “beltway” would help our country more than most would believe.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    "We currently have bureaucracies with all of the power of the legislative, judicial and executive branches merged in a single organization..."

This is the very epitome of unconstitutional and tyrannical. We don't need to move government geographically, we need to be eliminating government. Bureaucracies are part of the executive and should have ZERO legislative, "rule-making" powers. Nor should they be acting as courts.

This is the sort of BS that our nation's founders were shooting jackbooted thugs over, times 1000

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is one of the best ideas ever!

The D.C. area is one of the richest areas in the country because Uncle Sugar pays no matter what the economy is doing. This is a generational problem often families have been “career employees” for several generations. Swamp rats are experts at employee regulation and know how to work bonuses, sick days, leave days TSP. They also wrap themselves in the flag and claim to be doing the work of the people trust me most of them are out for themselves and assorted cronies.

The DOD and VA are loaded with veterans and retired military that are dedicated to the mission. They also work alongside Swamp Rats that are out from themself. I have a special place in my heart for government “career employees” that are not team oriented.

Busting up the “beltway” would help our country more than most would believe.

While generally agreeing with your post, that is not the primary reason DC is a rich area. The primary reason is that the federal government has consolidated so much power in DC that literally everyone must have representation there. The lobbying industry is so large and has so much money given to it, that is what makes DC rich.

Now before some go off on lobbying, it is not the problem, it is a response to the concentration of power in DC that makes the people, literally pull money out of their wallets to keep DC power from affecting them. Everyone reading this thread has lobbyists in DC trying to get or keep something.

That is why this bill would help a little.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I forgot about the lobbyist!

Don't forget that many .gov employees get assorted “perks” provided by lobbyists!

I will not even comment on the Manufacturers and assorted others that are trying to get .gov contracts!

Top Bottom