• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    quicksdraw.gif

He supported and voted for the new START nuc treaty. And was praised by Mr Oboma for it. Hope sombody challenges him in the primary. It is time to retire him.....

He spoke a a graduation ceremony I went to and was appalled he is considered a conservative?????????// your thoughts:twocents::popcorn:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    There are plenty of anti-Lugar threads. Is Lugar too liberal? No. Is Lugar a statist? Yes. Nobody is going to beat him in a primary or a general election. Lugar will be in office until he retires or he will die in office of old age.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yep. As has been stated elsewhere on the site, "We'll only be able to destroy the world 10 times over, now". There are plenty of votes to go after Lugar for. This ain't one of them.

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    He is just getting senile in his old age. getting to be more like Carter everyday. it really has nothing to do with blowing something up 10 times over. why would you put restrictions on yourself,and go into a treaty with one other country, that really isn't even one of our top 5 worries at this point? makes no sense. it is really going to hinder our air defenses. and will eventually come back and bite us in the you know what. if you know anything about the treaty and have half a brain,you know that it isn't any good for the security or long term defenses of the U.S.A. it doesn't address any other countries that really would like to do us harm. just my .01 cent

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lugar is a product of dc, the longer people stay there the more they think that dc is how the world is. The RNC will chase off any serious primary opposition for the same reason, they believe that dc is how the world should be. Anybody challenging the idea that dc is wrong is a heretic at best, and needs to be demonized to protect the corrupt dc status quo.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yep. As has been stated elsewhere on the site, "We'll only be able to destroy the world 10 times over, now". There are plenty of votes to go after Lugar for. This ain't one of them.

You can only blow the world up 10 times over (which has never been proven possible BTW) if you have weapons you can get up off the ground. Assume that every nuke in the world is pointed at us. Just because China or Russia or France has never launched a nuke at us doesn't mean they won't one day.

I don't like the odds. I want enough nukes that everyone is afraid to use them against anyone. Friend or foe, they need to exist, and they need to stay right where they are.

Don't start none won't be none, as we used to say growing up.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not too long ago, Lugar said it was "utopian" to expect that lawmakers should follow the Constitution.
    So I guess when any of us are hauled in front of a judge for violating the law, we can simply point out that it's "utopian" to expect us to follow the law and the judge will dismiss the case?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You can only blow the world up 10 times over (which has never been proven possible BTW) if you have weapons you can get up off the ground. Assume that every nuke in the world is pointed at us. Just because China or Russia or France has never launched a nuke at us doesn't mean they won't one day.

I don't like the odds. I want enough nukes that everyone is afraid to use them against anyone. Friend or foe, they need to exist, and they need to stay right where they are.

Don't start none won't be none, as we used to say growing up.

AGREED!!

and as the overpaid and undereducated rappers say today:
    dont start no ****, wont be no ****

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Thankgod the Indpls Tea Party is against him. I was with them in they're recent Protest against Lugar on his support for the DreamAct

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Yea lets get some of those tea party people in here to make sense out of things...

offical-sign-protester.jpg

Anywho, I don't mind Lugar. I certainly don't agree with everything he does, but he tries to be reasonable. I would rather have someone thinking for themselves and disagreeing with me than someone who is just another puppet.

*shrug* Crazy talk from a moderate I know...

Seems people only want "alternative" parties (although its just a crazy extension of the Republican party) when its convenient. Based on what won Coats the election (well, one of the reasons) people should've voted for Sink-Burris. She smoked him in the debates on the platform on smaller government. He just went through the same ol song and dance whereas she actually told people how she was going to do things (well, more relative to him).

Seems Lugar falls in to a similar kind of situation. People *****ing without knowing what the hell they're talking about. Or at least, forming an opinion by themselves. I could settle for people being ignorant if they came to that ignorance by themselves lol. But whats new right?

People telling me the Tea Party is grand, I dont think for myself, or I'm ignorant as **** in 3..2..1...

Last edited:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    And POTUS thinks there is 57 states.... So what if a Tea Partier misspelled "official," You will find ignorant people that can't spell, or make themselves look like morons that support any political movement.

YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States

I get it though Lugar is "reasonable" because he votes with both the right and the left, and generally favors big government.

Well, it's rare to get elected with a L next to your name. Ask Ron Paul. It was a given that a Republican was going to win that race. Stutzman and Hostettler split the conservative vote in the Republican Primary giving Coats the nomination. This is how we got stuck with Coats for the next 6 years.

No, I'm not going to insult you for stating your opinion. But you seem to associate the words reasonable and moderate with someone who is in between a Democrat and a Republican. I consider myself somewhere between a Republican and a Libertarian (closer to a libertarian). Am I a moderate too?

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    And POTUS thinks there is 57 states.... So what if a Tea Partier misspelled "official," You will find ignorant people that can't spell, or make themselves look like morons that support any political movement.

YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States

I get it though Lugar is "reasonable" because he votes with both the right and the left, and generally favors big government.

Well, it's rare to get elected with a L next to your name. Ask Ron Paul. It was a given that a Republican was going to win that race. Stutzman and Hostettler split the conservative vote in the Republican Primary giving Coats the nomination. This is how we got stuck with Coats for the next 6 years.

No, I'm not going to insult you for stating your opinion. But you seem to associate the words reasonable and moderate with someone who is in between a Democrat and a Republican. I consider myself somewhere between a Republican and a Libertarian (closer to a libertarian). Am I a moderate too?
    Ohhhh don't get me started on who had more gaffes. Ha.

Depends on the Republicans and Libertarians you're referring to. If you act like someone who voted for Sink-Burris instead of jumpin on the Tea Party bandwagon, then you could probably be both reasonable and moderate. Mind you, they're not the same thing.

And before someone cries about it, there are reasonable people in the Tea Party, but jeeeez are they few and far between. I didn't see any *real* reports of Obama supporters curb stomping people...
    Curb-stomp.jpg

Making youtube videos with Will.I.Am. and making those hip posters, sure.

Last edited:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "I didn't see any *real* reports of Obama supporters curb stomping people ..." - ghostinthewood

One idiot, acting on his own accord and by no direction, that should be prosecuted. You can't control individuals, only hold them responsible for their actions and denounce such actions.

But, watch it when Dems-with-an-agenda are in charge ...

Ruby Ridge ...

Waco ...

Young Elian Gonzalez (remember the picture!) ...

What about the kid who was terrified in their own home when app. 500 S.E.I.U. union members held a little "protest" in their yard, surrounding the home this past spring ...
    What's really behind SEIU's Bank of America protests - May. 19, 2010

I don't want to think about what I would do if my child were terrified in our home with this mob outside!

Or, we could talk about the Black Panthers intimidating voters and Holder letting it go ...

Or Napolitano publishing a DHS report warning of "right wing extremists" ...

Knock the Tea Party all you want, the next few years are going to be interesting. The vast majority of Tea Party people are nice, everyday people that are tired of big government infringing on their lives, property, and liberties. We live in interesting times and this will be fun to watch as the end of the Great Keynesian Experiment draws near and the consequences of such insanity are realized ...

Last edited:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Lol that post is full of strawman arguments (if they're even worthy to be called that), you should've just pointed out that my post was a cheap dig instead of coming up with sillier ones...

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Lol that post is full of strawman arguments (if they're even worthy to be called that), you should've just pointed out that my post was a cheap dig instead of coming up with sillier ones...

I find it amusing that you are calling John Galt out for having straw man arguments, when yours is just that. You began this threadjack with a straw man argument trying to somehow equate anyone who opposes Lugar with the tea party (which was not anywhere near the point that BillyT was making in his offhanded comment). You equate Lugar's positions to those of a person who "thinks for himself" which is not what a senator is supposed to do. The traditional role of a senator is to think for his state. Neither Lugar nor Bayh have done that in a very long time. Then you throw in a Red Herring and divert the issue from the topic that you sidetracked off on (from gaffes now on to violence).

For someone who jumps on the John Stewart bandwagon of "I disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler" it seems a bit of a stretch to begin talking to people about bandwagons, straw men, and false arguments. Who was pilloried as Hitler and a Nazi for 8 years by the same people who are now trying to get everyone to chant the mantra "I disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler"? That would be Bush. And yes, Stewart was in on that bandwagon himself.

I do appreciate that you have stated that you are a young guy and that you may not remember the last 10 years as well as some of us do. But before you go around making snarky, idiotic arguments claiming to be some kind of mock moderate, remember that there are plenty of people out here who actually are moderate people who have done research and don't make snap decisions on who or what to support based on what the comedy news tells them. Mmm, k? Alright. Have a great holiday week.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Define strawman argument! I pointed out several FACTUAL instances of the Dem faction attacking (sometimes fatally) our individual rights to counter your one, weak BS "dig". These events may be silly to you, but they are serious to me, as I have studied the consequences of an over-reaching government and the attitude towards the citizenry in these instances is dangerous. Combine the assaults on our individual liberties with the fiscal tyranny emanating from the Federal Reserve and our liberty is truly being challenged. You keep "digging", I'll keep fighting :patriot:

Top Bottom