• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, Ian McCollum has been in my house.

"Hi, guys, today I'm at the tables of Kirk Freeman with a bunch of greasy rifles that you guys CLAIM you want to buy."

Maybe you should have cleaned off the cosmoline. A good coat of cosmoline can hide a multitude of sins... I have noticed that in all of Ian's videos, not a single gun is covered in cosmoline. Just sayin'...

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Maybe you should have cleaned off the cosmoline. A good coat of cosmoline can hide a multitude of sins... I have noticed that in all of Ian's videos, not a single gun is covered in cosmoline. Just sayin'...

You know that is a good point, a gun all slimey with grease and cosmoline can put off alot of customers. They are weary about handling them. It is good to clean all guns you are going to sell to encourage people to pick them up and look at them.. Hell thats not a big deal, just a rookie mistake. That may have been the problem.. Leave it to Doggydaddy to fix a milsurp problem by not even being there..

[video=youtube;B8-eiBqri0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-eiBqri0U&ab_channel=angelofcaine69[/video]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I wipe down the outside but innards are left alone.

Like this Yugo SKS everyone is clamoring to buy:

"I wish I could find me some mil-surps." Yeah, Skippy, I bet you do.

See, no cos--

118522032_10223996368122649_7636754090492004939_o.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Had some guy at work get a bit put off by my supposed gun knowledge. Was a guest of my cuz, who knew the guy and wanted to shoot clays out back.

I outshot em.

Maybe that set the tone LOL

Asks us to come inside and see his reloading room.
    Points to the fireplace w a TC Hawken hanging over the fireplace.

Smiles and asks me if I know what it is....

" A Cougar ".

stunned I knew the model, he asks me how I knew it. Told him I hunt w a Silver Elite ;)

He then ups the game and asks me if I can fix stuff.
    Brings me his wifes shotgun.

Asked for punches and 10 mins later its fixed.

Good dude, we are buds now. But shaky start.....because of the gun culture macho crap

Hes asked me about other stuff since, and some I flat out tell him " dont know diddly about that "

Got no problem with saying I dont know.

Kills me at gunshows, when some possum eatin hick that is allergic to soap and water wants to go on and on about the differences in models/ yrs of manufacture....

And its all junk guns.

I have limited brain space and refuse to fill whats left with such worthless facts.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I wipe down the outside but innards are left alone.

Like this Yugo SKS everyone is clamoring to buy:

"I wish I could find me some mil-surps." Yeah, Skippy, I bet you do.

See, no cos--

118522032_10223996368122649_7636754090492004939_o.jpg

"I'll give ya $150 for that, and I know you're making a profit, because you bought it when they were $89!"

I miss the days when guns at gun shows were still slathered in cosmoline. I used to keep a bunch of paper towels in my back pocket to clean up between handling rifles. (still do). Bought my first Enfield for 60 bucks, and the grease just hid how awesome it was.

There aren't many treasures to be had at gun shows any more. There's the occasional deal, but it ain't like it was.

I'm not a fan of SKSs, but even I can see that's a nice rifle for people who like those rifles. The blade bayonet is a big plus.

Now admit it, you're just a little bit happy you didn't sell it, aren'tcha? ;)

Top Bottom