• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I have very little knowledge about paper PM's, I was looking at some of my PM stocks the other day & 1 was actually worth less than what I paid for it back when gold was lower.
    Hence, keep an eye on the fix. You can/could possibly make a costly mistake if you are watching the .0001 per second computer ticker. Those guys trading paper use computers that trade so fast they hope to capitalize on the minuscule changes in the market swings. That’s why some trade in the 100’s of thousands of ounces. It’s known by some that I believe/know in my heart and soul the silver market is manipulated by crooks and thieves. It’s a proven fact.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Hence, keep an eye on the fix. You can/could possibly make a costly mistake if you are watching the .0001 per second computer ticker.

I don't monitor like I should, I check every few weeks to months?

In my younger days, I do admit to sitting in front of my screen & wearing out the refresh button.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Like to see gold go to 2300, that would put some pep in silver. Their not gonna give Joe sixpack a chance to make an honest trade.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Gold over $2300 & silver $26.98 currently
    Yep exactly, gotta keep that ratio near to 80:1 as they can. Now ~85:1 so well within the boundaries of the spot + premium cost. You can trade for FRN’s (Fed. Res. Notes) but not for more gold or silver ounces.

edit. But the metal market isn’t manipulated. Rite!!! Man that ******* me off.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yep exactly, gotta keep that ratio near to 80:1 as they can. Now ~85:1 so well within the boundaries of the spot + premium cost. You can trade for FRN’s (Fed. Res. Notes) but not for more gold or silver ounces.

edit. But the metal market isn’t manipulated. Rite!!! Man that ******* me off.
    Still climbing too

Screenshot_20240403_150007_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Looks like prices held at closing, a few silver wags are saying their supply is dropping due to solar power demand. Hey, good for us.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I never really understood the copper stacking thing, once I looked into it.
    I understand the need and value of copper in our modern world. But someone buying a 1lb bar for $18, when copper spot is only about $4 per lb, I just don't get. I understand the novelty angle of it, but not the stacking side.
    It would be like buying a generic silver round for $120.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I never really understood the copper stacking thing, once I looked into it.
    I understand the need and value of copper in our modern world. But someone buying a 1lb bar for $18, when copper spot is only about $4 per lb, I just don't get. I understand the novelty angle of it, but not the stacking side.
    It would be like buying a generic silver round for $120.
    You may have spot price per oz confused it is currently 4.14 per oz. Or 9344.00 per tonn.

JM Bullion currently has copper rounds 1 oz. for 1.19 to 2.39 per oz. That’s .9114 Troy oz. .999 fine. Mixed designs.

Copper is an industrial metal, as is silver. The industrial users buy at low prices. They buy mega tonns at a single time. Link to source may help.

Mods. If this is inappropriate please delete my post and except my apologies.

OP. Please check out the daily fix prices on these metals, that is the price of metal contracts, that’s not the hold in your hand stuff but the paper contract price. That’s a scam to rip off folks. This is just my opinion.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You may have spot price per oz confused it is currently 4.14 per oz. Or 9344.00 per tonn.

JM Bullion currently has copper rounds 1 oz. for 1.19 to 2.39 per oz. That’s .9114 Troy oz. .999 fine. Mixed designs.

Copper is an industrial metal, as is silver. The industrial users buy at low prices. They buy mega tonns at a single time. Link to source may help.

Mods. If this is inappropriate please delete my post and except my apologies.

OP. Please check out the daily fix prices on these metals, that is the price of metal contracts, that’s not the hold in your hand stuff but the paper contract price. That’s a scam to rip off folks. This is just my opinion.
    Copper trades per # not oz. Believe it's $4.21 per pound the moment

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Yep, and copper isn't a precious metal, so it's sold by avoirdupois ounces/pounds.
    Given the huge spread between spot & retail bars, and the fact that it consumes a lot of space, I still don't get the "stacking" allure of Cu.
    Cu.jpg

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Thanks, it was late. That’s why I linked to JM, goes to show reading comprehension is a real thing. :thumbsup:

edit: guess it shows, after dealing with ounce for years even when you read lbs. your/my brain doesn’t make the connection. Read it 3 times, still saw ounces. Lbs never made it through the fog. And I still remember selling scrap from construction jobs by the lb. to Winskis in Lafayette for over 24 years. :dunno:

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    As far as copper stacking it might be best in wire. Cat 5e boxes cat6. 3-12. Ect. The normals used in construction. Buy it when you can find it for cheap. Price will increase with copper. A bar of copper is good for what? A roll of wire is ready to use.

Top Bottom