Is "The Great Reset" a conspiracy theory or something else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I might agree with him more if he exhibited fealty to the principle beyond the breech

And yes, I know the actual quote is ' ... in the breach', but I actually prefer the missquote with its intimation of 'about to have their turn in the barrel'
    You're so worried about being caught agreeing with those you've branded as the enemy; life is easier when you ... ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Couple thoughts here...

I've said for years "There are no true Christians"
    Meaning of you talk to Christian group a and tell them Christian group b believes something slightly different group a will say something like "well they aren /real/ Christians, bc you have to believe it like 'this'"

Then if you go to group b with the same comment they will respond the same way. So if you think about the many many many different sects of Christians who think they are right and all the others are wrong. It leads to the assumption they are all wrong. (This assumption also takes in the factual inaccuracies of the bible itself)

Second thought:

I'm going to make the assumption that when Christian folks make religion based claims in non religious threads and they get push back. It only serves to strengthen their belief. Which is what the church wants. More butts in seats more money for church. Let's take the jahovah's witnesses in example.

They build a tight nit accepting loving community inside the church. Then they send their followers out in the world to get doors dammed in their face, ignored, berated, mocked etc etc. They concert very very very few people with this practice. A half way wise person would see it does no good to add butts in seats and would stop a time wasting task. But the point of their door knocking is actually more about wanting those members to have doors slammed in their face, be accosted, be insulted etc etc. Bc they can run back to the church thinking the whole world outside the church is cold and scary and mean unlike their loving and accepting church.
    It's a form of manipulation, often used by cults.

Which brings us kinda to the point of the other thread about politicians being leaders.

Politicians like ministers/preachers/sooth sayers etc etc are all charlatans.

Hey jamil, would this be some of that "... making assumptions about other people's beliefs" that you and JK are on about?

Because I certainly wouldn't have anywhere near the knowledge of what Jehovah's witnesses actually believe to confidently assert something like this, especially about what conditions prevail within their church

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It would be so nice if all of this religious discussion would go there.

Where you won't be bothered by it? Have you ever stopped to wonder why it bothers you?

I, for one, would like to see a wide open discussion of why a certain cross-section of INGO will expend so much energy in attacking any mention of God or belief. For me, their need to immediately wear their religious skeptic's heart on their sleeve really is akin to the vegan's devotion to his beliefs and need to affirm them to all and sundry

Remember, this all started from a humorous aside not an attempt to proselytize. What about Christianity and belief needs to be kept out of sight and out of mind?

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Couple thoughts here...

I've said for years "There are no true Christians"
    Meaning of you talk to Christian group a and tell them Christian group b believes something slightly different group a will say something like "well they aren /real/ Christians, bc you have to believe it like 'this'"

Then if you go to group b with the same comment they will respond the same way. So if you think about the many many many different sects of Christians who think they are right and all the others are wrong. It leads to the assumption they are all wrong. (This assumption also takes in the factual inaccuracies of the bible itself)

Amen!

Hypocrisy is a cornerstone of modern day "christianity". We all have our favorite verses, and we all ignore the ones we don't like, the ones that are not convenient. I'm not any better, but I do try. Using the bible, or your faith to justify your own issues, hate, or world view has become the norm not the exception. Take almost any modern day issue that we spend so much time fighting with each other about, abortion, the gays, whatever. Im amazed at the numbers of my fellow Christians who will tell me abortion is murder, yet they LOVE the death penalty. The gays are bad, the bible says so, yet they ignore working on Sunday's, cutting their hair, shellfish, arraigned marriage, slavery and 65 other things they don't pay attention to in the same book.

Say what you want about the Westboro Baptist Church, but they know their bible, and they are not afraid to call all of us out for our hypocrisy. For the record Im NOT a supporter of them, or their actions, or believe what they do. They are "grade A" asshats. But I cant say they are hypocrites and that they don't know their bible.

As for the "RESET", this thread has kind of made me sad, and yet hopeful. Sad that so many want to believe and fight to be right no matter what, regardless of how baseless or wrong their belief is. They are on a team, and facts and reality be damed. It's kind of like how many times I hear people say the scientists have been wrong about covid so many times, how can we believe them about anything they say about covid? Science changes, when the information they have changes. More people should incorporate this idea into their lives.

Hopeful because for the most part it has been a civil public discourse on the internet, a rare thing indeed.

Conspiracy believers not all but many love the idea of being on the inside, being smarter than the "sheepeople". They love the idea that life is not random and beyond their or anyone else's control. The idea that for example 9/11 was an inside job by George W Bush and the government is far more comforting than the truth. The truth that 19 guys from Saudi Arabia with box cutters killed thousands and disrupted the world as we knew forever is very unsettling, scary even. It's far easier to believe that something is in control even if that something is a lie. The truth that life is short, random and we have very little if any control over what happens to us, or our loved ones is a hard one for many to accept. There is nothing really original or ground breaking in this. It's just reality.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Amen!

Hypocrisy is ...
    ... often a way to shut down any discussion. "I can't deal with Christians, they're hypocrites!" Yeah, I'm a hypocrite, that a big reason why I go to church. I profess to love Christ, yet I often commit a sin before I leave the door in the morning.

The only thing I can do is repent and strive to do better.

And if you want to talk this, and why Christians oppose X, but love Y... Come to the Civil Christianity Thread. :horse:

Your comments about conspiracies are spot on.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Where you won't be bothered by it? Have you ever stopped to wonder why it bothers you?

I, for one, would like to see a wide open discussion of why a certain cross-section of INGO will expend so much energy in attacking any mention of God or belief. For me, their need to immediately wear their religious skeptic's heart on their sleeve really is akin to the vegan's devotion to his beliefs and need to affirm them to all and sundry

Remember, this all started from a humorous aside not an attempt to proselytize. What about Christianity and belief needs to be kept out of sight and out of mind?

You kind of stepped on your own point there Gort.
    Why must skeptics blah blah blah.
    Why must christians blah blah blah.

You want to have a believer vs non believe debate where we all speak freely, and respectfully above board?
    Awesome, you should start a thread
    Civil believer non believer discourse.

But again let's keep religion out of non religious threads.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I know why it bothers me. I don't come here to listen to your beliefs about religion. I don't attack anyone's beliefs, and I don't demand that they be kept out of sight and mind. I would however appreciate it not taking over nonreligious conversations.

There are threads here where you can delve into your religion to your hearts content. Go do so.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You kind of stepped on your own point there Gort.
    Why must skeptics blah blah blah.
    Why must christians blah blah blah.

You want to have a believer vs non believe debate where we all speak freely, and respectfully above board?
    Awesome, you should start a thread
    Civil believer non believer discourse.

But again let's keep religion out of non religious threads.

We had one, and you've been around long enough to have seen it - and religion part and parcel of politics, as you point out, and this is GenPoli. Nobody puts religion in the corner, there are threads to discuss angelic dance floor capacity but being a believer should by no means disqualify me from participation in any thread. Perhaps we should [STRIKE]segregate[/STRIKE] have seperate threads for unbelievers?

Do you remember Religion v Science, don't quite remember the date (late 2013/early 2014?) but it was shortly after they unshackled religious discussion on the forum. It was epic and invigorating, and by not being pigeonholed as one or the other all felt free to join in

Unsurprisingly, some flew too close to the sun

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey, if we can be civil with PaulF, we can be civil with anyone. I am certainly not opposed to criticism of Christianity, so long as it's sincere. Christianity has stood against detractors for 2000 years; I think we handle one more. One of Christianities biggest opponents became it's biggest supporter on the road to Damascus. ;)
    I’m really not interested in those kinds of discussions. I’d not participate in religious discussions altogether but for some posters confidently expressing their belief that their version of god gives them some supernatural insight into what’s happening behind the scenes. I’m gonna challenge that in-thread.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Bug,
    Some people cannot deal with the basic fact of the reset being a long term plan.
    Some people cannot deal with laws and politics having their source in and being essentially inseparable from culture derived from spiritual beliefs.
    Some people cannot deal with the engineered virus being part of the reset which is globally social engineering.
    Some people cannot deal with there being an organized effort behind the reset, behind the engineered virus, behind what is intended to be accomplished.
    Some people cannot deal with there being a cadre of beings with morals so sickeningly bent as to allow creating what we are living through.
    Some people cannot deal with globalists telling the public ahead of time what is going to be done to them.
    To put it shortly, there's a whole lot of stuff some people can't grok yet.
    Something bothers them and they need to protect their comfort zones so they attack.
    No big deal. I've been there myself and besides, we all know where the flack comes from.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    We had one, and you've been around long enough to have seen it - and religion part and parcel of politics, as you point out, and this is GenPoli. Nobody puts religion in the corner, there are threads to discuss angelic dance floor capacity but being a believer should by no means disqualify me from participation in any thread. Perhaps we should [STRIKE]segregate[/STRIKE] have seperate threads for unbelievers?

Do you remember Religion v Science, don't quite remember the date (late 2013/early 2014?) but it was shortly after they unshackled religious discussion on the forum. It was epic and invigorating, and by not being pigeonholed as one or the other all felt free to join in

Unsurprisingly, some flew too close to the sun

You're right. You're not disqualified from participating. But if it's not a religion thread. Keep your religion out of it.

It makes as much sense to me to bring religion into this thread as it does if we all started talking how we are more right than others based on the size of our "body parts"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey jamil, would this be some of that "... making assumptions about other people's beliefs" that you and JK are on about?

Because I certainly wouldn't have anywhere near the knowledge of what Jehovah's witnesses actually believe to confidently assert something like this, especially about what conditions prevail within their church

Possibly. Unless he has some specific knowledge of JW’s, yeah.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This sounds like another example of projecting motives. It’s a discussion of “the reset” and whether it’s a conspiracy theory. For people who don’t believe, adding supernatural beliefs into the discussion takes it far out of the realm of a probable reality. It asserts a cause that requires faith to believe it. That makes the conversation less worth having from my point of view.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This sounds like another example of projecting motives. It’s a discussion of “the reset” and whether it’s a conspiracy theory. For people who don’t believe, adding supernatural beliefs into the discussion takes it far out of the realm of a probable reality. It asserts a cause that requires faith to believe it. That makes the conversation less worth having from my point of view.

How is it, by any definition, a conspiracy theory?

It's official policy, and has marketing money behind it. Last I checked, area 51 didn't buy marketing for aliens.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How is it, by any definition, a conspiracy theory?

It's official policy, and has marketing money behind it. Last I checked, area 51 didn't buy marketing for aliens.

You’ll need to take up the thread’s title with the OP. I only paraphrased it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're right. You're not disqualified from participating. But if it's not a religion thread. Keep your religion out of it.

It makes as much sense to me to bring religion into this thread as it does if we all started talking how we are more right than others based on the size of our "body parts"

You, sir, will never be the boss of me. Perhaps you should go start a No God Allowed thread instead. I'm sure it will be well attended

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You’ll need to take up the thread’s title with the OP. I only paraphrased it.

But the other option in the title , the '... or something else' - you have already ruled out discussion of a scriptural dimension because you don't like it and don't consider it 'rigorous' I guess? Hardly seems like a discussion, more like a lecture

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You, sir, will never be the boss of me. Perhaps you should go start a No God Allowed thread instead. I'm sure it will be well attended

I don’t know if I’m recalling this correctly, but religious discussions weren’t formerly allowed on INGO. Then the religious threads were created as an experiment of sorts and allowed there. Such discussions often derail threads like this one has. Bit also they often end badly. So far this has been pretty tame. I don’t know what the rules on religious discussion is now, or whether they’re quarantined in the religious threads still, or if people may freely insert it anywhere. That might be a good place to start.

Top Bottom