Is the plan to let Biden secure the nomination then replace him with ??????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It’s all good. Biden just has a speech impediment. That explains everything.

His speech pattern is the same now is it is in video from the 80s. Dementia doesn't hold steady for 30+ years. A stutter makes a lot more sense than blaming it on a one-of-a-kind dementia.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Solid points but again...….How do we fix this. I ask this all the time and folks just do not seem to have a solid answer past Vote Libertarian.....:):

Parties choose their candidates through primary elections and fundraising. If we want better candidates, we need to make our voices heard in those settings.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    No one would bring out more excitement to the Democratic electorate than Michelle Obama. They don't care about competency or governing, only about winning the white house back.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Biden has committed to a female VP. Were he to win I think the most likely scenario is that he serves a few months then gets Epsteined.

Or the party politburo will be 'shocked, shocked I say' to discover he is mentally toast and be 'reluctantly' forced to replace him with the hard core leftist that will be his VP. You heard it here first, I think he is more likely to go with an AOC than an Amy Klobuchar. She may have wild ideas, but she appeals to the 'gotta have a revolution' demographic and she is inexperienced and can be controlled. Klobuchar is experienced and confident and not as likely to play along and Abrams will turn off more people than she brings on board

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No one would bring out more excitement to the Democratic electorate than Michelle Obama. They don't care about competency or governing, only about winning the white house back.

Isn't that the point every four years from... oh... the last two hundred years now?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Or the party politburo will be 'shocked, shocked I say' to discover he is mentally toast and be 'reluctantly' forced to replace him with the hard core leftist that will be his VP. You heard it here first, I think he is more likely to go with an AOC than an Amy Klobuchar. She may have wild ideas, but she appeals to the 'gotta have a revolution' demographic and she is inexperienced and can be controlled. Klobuchar is experienced and confident and not as likely to play along and Abrams will turn off more people than she brings on board

That fits the "get a VP that's everything you're not" reasoning.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think Biden's mental state has deteriorated as much as you think. He's pretty much who he has always been. He does have to stutter in his speech, and that often gets misinterpreted (and misreporting by media figures who should know better) as something wrong with his mental state. But I haven't seen anything that would make me think he's moved significantly downhill.

And who is this "they" with such power over the Democratic Party? If such a group would exist, how would the most recent Democratic VP not be part of the group?

I feel sad for you that you are this worried about the Democratic Party and seem to think that the solution is the Republican Party.

I think stuttering is a convenient fig leaf for those attempting to make the best of a difficult position. Please explain how it is stuttering to forget the words of the Constitution, to state that Sanders has joined the Trump campaign or on the debate stage (where one would think he would be most carefully prepared) to accuse Sanders of taking money from 9 superPACS, threaten to name them and then be unable to - let alone claiming that he helped negotiate the Paris accords with Deng Xiaoping (who likely would have been very unresponsive)

He is Abe Simpson, not your party's Ronald Reagan

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think stuttering is a convenient fig leaf for those attempting to make the best of a difficult position. Please explain how it is stuttering to forget the words of the Constitution, to state that Sanders has joined the Trump campaign or on the debate stage (where one would think he would be most carefully prepared) to accuse Sanders of taking money from 9 superPACS, threaten to name them and then be unable to - let alone claiming that he helped negotiate the Paris accords with Deng Xiaoping (who likely would have been very unresponsive)

He is Abe Simpson, not your party's Ronald Reagan
    Lest we forget the 150 million killed by gun violence and getting arrested in South Africa. Also don’t forget to turn your record players on.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Lets game this out a little... "what if" 1; Uncle Joe is not able to accept the party's nomination (for whatever reason)? Does it go to Bernie? or 2; Uncle Joe get the nom but doesnt make to the Nov election? Who then, VP pick or back to Bernie?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lets game this out a little... "what if" 1; Uncle Joe is not able to accept the party's nomination (for whatever reason)? Does it go to Bernie? or 2; Uncle Joe get the nom but doesnt make to the Nov election? Who then, VP pick or back to Bernie?

I think there's actually rules in place for this sort of thing.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This is definitely a possible make or break event. If he is perceived to handle it well, it could win him the election. If he is perceived to handle it poorly, it could lose it for him.

He has defied expectations before. But if we get a recession - which the hysterical beeoch state governors seem hellbent on assuring that we do - it isn't going to matter how he handles the actual crisis. Voters are like Amoebas. They do not think. They respond to stimuli. And if their financial condition feels worse than a year ago - for whatever reason - they are going to vote him out. And the alternative does not even need to have a pulse.

It is entirely possible that my onetime Ohio Congressman, and now swing state governor, the insufferable c_nt Mike DeWine, has already cost Trump re-election - we just do not know it yet.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He has defied expectations before. But if we get a recession - which the hysterical beeoch state governors seem hellbent on assuring that we do - it isn't going to matter how he handles the actual crisis. Voters are like Amoebas. They do not think. They respond to stimuli. And if their financial condition feels worse than a year ago - for whatever reason - they are going to vote him out. And the alternative does not even need to have a pulse.

And in this you have laid out the real reason we are at odds right now. We the people.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Regarding the race between Biden and Trump, the democrats really might have a really nice set up in the making here. If this covid thing turns out to be as bad as advertised, they can and will make a case that it’s all Trump’s fault that all of those people got sick and died. On the other hand, if it fizzles out or gets managed by practically shutting down the economy, they get to blame unemployment, possibly inflation, loss of wealth on Trump. They couldn’t do it with impeachment but this could be their ticket, no matter if Biden lives long enough to see inauguration, much less lives out his first term.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The election is Trump's to lose at this point. Every great president that I can think of has had a crisis of some sort, of a magnitude that raises the awareness of a broad section of the citizenry, and has risen to the occasion.

Trump is now faced with such a crisis. If he responds well (despite small missteps to date) and the crisis dissipates, he's re-elected. Even moderate democrats will be loathe to vote against a savior.

If he doesn't respond, he's proved he's not up to the task and he will be, rightfully, out on his ear.

Top Bottom