Is the plan to let Biden secure the nomination then replace him with ??????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    He is Abe Simpson, not your party's Ronald Reagan

There have been no general elections where I have voted for more Democrats than Republicans.

I just can't get on board with the nationalism and protectionism that has become the Republican Party's platform in the last few years.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    There have been no general elections where I have voted for more Democrats than Republicans.

I just can't get on board with the nationalism and protectionism that has become the Republican Party's platform in the last few years.

Right, because the Dem Party platform is so much more impressive. Apply purple if you feel appropriate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

How would you feel about a nationalist policy of de-coupling from China given the current situation that has exposed our vulnerability?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Were you happier with the globalism/off-shoring/import cheap labor to keep the Chamber happy shtick that was the Republican Part's platform pre-Trump? Were you happy with a party that gave you Mitt Romney as a candidate, for God's sake!

Forgive me, but so much Trump criticism seems to be of recent vintage and transactional rather than principled

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I look at it this way. I got on board with a policy platform proposal of protecting OUR national interest for a change.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Were you happier with the globalism/off-shoring/import cheap labor to keep the Chamber happy shtick that was the Republican Part's platform pre-Trump?

Yes.

Edit to add: Those aren't necessary how I would design a party platform, but I would be happy to go back to that.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I look at it this way. I got on board with a policy platform proposal of protecting OUR national interest for a change.

We can't claim that our president is "the leader of the free world" if we want nothing to do with the rest of the world.

I don't see any reason to think that "OUR national interest" has to be adversarial toward our neighbors and trade partners.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    How would you feel about a nationalist policy of de-coupling from China given the current situation that has exposed our vulnerability?

Wouldn't make a difference. Unless you want absolute isolationism in such a way that even American aren't free (and probably even then), this thing was going to spread globally anyway.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Biden is strongly afflicted with the horrible foot-in-mouth disease. He may well torpedo his own campaign.

It ain't over till it's over.

Regards,

Doug

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The election is Trump's to lose at this point. Every great president that I can think of has had a crisis of some sort, of a magnitude that raises the awareness of a broad section of the citizenry, and has risen to the occasion.

Trump is now faced with such a crisis. If he responds well (despite small missteps to date) and the crisis dissipates, he's re-elected. Even moderate democrats will be loathe to vote against a savior.

If he doesn't respond, he's proved he's not up to the task and he will be, rightfully, out on his ear.

Tell it to George HW Bush. Kuwait was judged a success, the last "war" that was popularly considered to have been handled well by an American President (try and quibble with semantics on that as you will, but it does not change facts). And yet he was still bounced on his ear. You can assign any reason you want, but the actual reason was that a _new_ recession began on his watch. All such Presidents in the modern era are voted out.

Trying to "competently manage" a recession is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end. The only way to competently manage a recession, is to end it.

I simply have a different opinion. I believe that as long as Biden picks a nice*, white** woman as Veep, the election is his to lose.

* not a harpy
    ** 1/1024~1/4 or thereabouts

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The election is Trump's to lose at this point. Every great president that I can think of has had a crisis of some sort, of a magnitude that raises the awareness of a broad section of the citizenry, and has risen to the occasion.

Trump is now faced with such a crisis. If he responds well (despite small missteps to date) and the crisis dissipates, he's re-elected. Even moderate democrats will be loathe to vote against a savior.

If he doesn't respond, he's proved he's not up to the task and he will be, rightfully, out on his ear.

Considering he's attempting to drop $1k in every citizen's wallet every month until this crisis is over, and seems to have universal support from both sides of the isle to do it... It's hard to imagine anything more motivating than raw cash.

Finally a bailout for the common man instead of billionaires.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wouldn't make a difference. Unless you want absolute isolationism in such a way that even American aren't free (and probably even then), this thing was going to spread globally anyway.
    I'm not talking about the spread of a global pandemic. I'm referring to the aftermath such as our dependence on China for critical manufacturing of things such as pharmaceuticals for example.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We can't claim that our president is "the leader of the free world" if we want nothing to do with the rest of the world.

I don't see any reason to think that "OUR national interest" has to be adversarial toward our neighbors and trade partners.

Only if it fits their way of dealing with us.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Looking out for our national interests while at the same time engaging neighbors and trade partners does'nt have to be mutually exclusive.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes.

Edit to add: Those aren't necessary how I would design a party platform, but I would be happy to go back to that.
    You would'nt happen to have a picture of Paul Ryan hanging in a prominent place would you?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Considering he's attempting to drop $1k in every citizen's wallet every month until this crisis is over, and seems to have universal support from both sides of the isle to do it... It's hard to imagine anything more motivating than raw cash.

Finally a bailout for the common man instead of billionaires.

Weren't we all supposed to hate this plan when it was nanny-state government, running up the national debt, etc.? I don't remember reading any positive mention of Yang anywhere on INGO when this was his idea.

Only if it fits their way of dealing with us.

Which country has been holding back the freedom, security, and prosperity of the American people?

I can think of good arguments for two, both of which are giant territories in Asia. Trump has hurt our relationships with more than those two.

Looking out for our national interests while at the same time engaging neighbors and trade partners does'nt have to be mutually exclusive.

Agreed. That was my point.

Trump seems to be trying to make it so that they are exclusive. He seems more interested in getting political wins than setting up win-win relationships that create longterm stability with people around the world.

You would'nt happen to have a picture of Paul Ryan hanging in a prominent place would you?

I would gladly take Ryan's conservatism over Trump's nationalism.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Weren't we all supposed to hate this plan when it was nanny-state government, running up the national debt, etc.? I don't remember reading any positive mention of Yang anywhere on INGO when this was his idea.

Which country has been holding back the freedom, security, and prosperity of the American people?

I can think of good arguments for two, both of which are giant territories in Asia. Trump has hurt our relationships with more than those two.

Trump seems to be trying to make it so that they are exclusive. He seems more interested in getting political wins than setting up win-win relationships that create longterm stability with people around the world.

In this were you or I in the negotiations with any of those country's.

Nope. Not me. And I will not take what the spinning heads in the MSM say about anything even the color of the sky. We have zero idea what was said or demanded. Trump is clipping the fat off of this. That's what's up here. So lets take this from another angle. Not the one told to us by a MSM with a viral case of TDS.

I am tired of supplying and bowing down to these people.

Now I know exactly what you will respond with but I am way cool with it.

This is not a kind world we live in and it gets rougher by the minute.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Ryan was just wasting time occupying the Speaker Chair. He advanced nothing of consequence.

Top Bottom