• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That is cool looking but expensive.
    I just know that "armor piercing" rounds, that are coated with plastic are illegal in Indiana but im not an expert on ammo legality.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    First I've heard or seen of it. Doesn't appear to be any chemical reaction taking place and no true "explosive" upon impact.
    Looks to be nothing more than a glorified fragmenting bullet. Marketing department spent some serious time dreaming that up.

Just my :twocents:, though & I could be completely missing the most important bullet design of the 21st century, but i doubt it.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Right now I'm using Winchester pdx1 9mm 127 grain +p bonded JHP. I was just poking around and I caught these. The claim of taking down a 505 pound boar with one 9mm shot is pretty crazy.

mwg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    east side indy
    i saw a utube video of extreme shock air freadom in 45 acp destroy a watermelon. I believe it was made to rip up the target but not go thru walls.I don't believe it is illeagal.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    The one I'm asking about is the Fang face type. It's not as pc as the air freedom which was designed for air marshals on mind.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Extreme Shock - The World's Most Advanced Ammunition

and, it's effect can be seen under the product info tab. The 50 BMG and 308 are particularly horrifying. But, the 9mm is frightening as well.

It's marketing hype. The amount of energy dumped is the primary characteristic of ANY ammunition. Anything else is just tweaking the terminal characteristics. And I don't see any substantial increase in the amount of energy dumped. Once you get past the point of keeping bullets from simply going through the target and wasting energy, ANYTHING else is simply controlling the amount of penetration.

I don't know why you would say the .308 and .50bmg are "particularly horrifying." That type of thinking is the exact same type of rhetoric the anti-gun crowd uses.

The "because shot placement is not as critical in order to take down game." line is pure BS marketing hype. Considering what they are charging for their ammo, my guess is they hope to make their money off of people who really don't know a lot about how ammunition works.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot23.htm

Last edited:

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I got a box of this in .32 acp when they were developing it. A friend of mine went Hog hunting in Tennessee and there was a guy there that took one with a .32 acp round to test its effectiveness. Somehow, I ended up with the rest of the box. That was about 7 years ago when I daily carried a NAA guardian in .32 acp. I kept it loaded with that ammo.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It's marketing hype. The amount of energy dumped is the primary characteristic of ANY ammunition. Anything else is just tweaking the terminal characteristics. And I don't see any substantial increase in the amount of energy dumped. Once you get past the point of keeping bullets from simply going through the target and wasting energy, ANYTHING else is simply controlling the amount of penetration.

You're wrong, you just don't know anything. If they use words like "fragmentable," and "Nytrilium" then it HAS to be good, regardless of what you say. ;)

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Thanks for the link. Even after that review, it seems like no one is sure. I watched several videos last night and the rounds blow fruit and water jugs up nicely. Most videos compared them side by side against various JHP rounds, and the fang face did the most damage. I may see if theyll send me a box for a review. :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've yet to see anyone post the IC or Federal law that makes these illegal. They appear to just be fancy frangible rounds to me. To my knowledge, Indiana only disallows plastic-coated metal "armor piercing" handgun rounds.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You're wrong, you just don't know anything. If they use words like "fragmentable," and "Nytrilium" then it HAS to be good, regardless of what you say. ;)

At how much they cost they might have well have been made of electrum...

Shift Zombie: I'm not sure how you can say "no one is sure." I can arrange a demo for you that would "absolutely horrify" you at the damage a .22lr can do to a jug of water or a piece of fruit and it has nothing to do with the round being anything special. I can say positively that I am sure.

Specialty rounds have their niche place, but there is NOTHING about these rounds that makes them any more devastating than any other ammunition.

Hey, it's your money though. If you feel buying a magic bullet is a better use of your resources than taking the time to practice using your weapon in an effective manner, so be it.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    At how much they cost they might have well have been made of electrum...

Shift Zombie: I'm not sure how you can say "no one is sure." I can arrange a demo for you that would "absolutely horrify" you at the damage a .22lr can do to a jug of water or a piece of fruit and it has nothing to do with the round being anything special. I can say positively that I am sure.

Specialty rounds have their niche place, but there is NOTHING about these rounds that makes them any more devastating than any other ammunition.

Hey, it's your money though. If you feel buying a magic bullet is a better use of your resources than taking the time to practice using your weapon in an effective manner, so be it.

+1

yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Yea I somehow got a hold of their muzzle loader bullets and they were not very accurate beyond 50 yards, so I tried it on a doe at 40, they did not create enough damage to take her down, had to reload and shoot again, it barely penetrated beyond the bone, and it fragmented like crazy, these things are over-hyped and not practical, just scary looking. Sorry to bust your bubble on this

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    @Shibumiseeker
    Yes, please, create a demonstration of the .22lr that will horrify me. I eagerly await it. In fact, I think I'll lose sleep over the excitement I feel at the thought of said video or collage or photo thread.

Thank you all for your comments. Though, I never claimed it was a "magic" bullet, the thought makes me laugh. Being a new shooter, its good to know that there are no "magic" bullets. It also seems the descriptor "horrifying" struck a nerve. I apologize that I used said descriptor. Next time I'll use something more pro-firearms such as "look at that kablammo!" or "that looks efficient. . .". I honestly don't need the condescending tone in your posts Shibumiseeker, I am only trying to educate myself. If you have a link in regards to how ammunition works, I would love to read up on it.

Thanks,

SZ-

Top Bottom