• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If these bullets did what the maker claims, I am sure that the big 3 ammo makers would have already be marketing a similar product for LE and personal defense use.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    @Shibumiseeker
    Yes, please, create a demonstration of the .22lr that will horrify me. I eagerly await it. In fact, I think I'll lose sleep over the excitement I feel at the thought of said video or collage or photo thread.

Thank you all for your comments. Though, I never claimed it was a "magic" bullet, the thought makes me laugh. Being a new shooter, its good to know that there are no "magic" bullets. It also seems the descriptor "horrifying" struck a nerve. I apologize that I used said descriptor. Next time I'll use something more pro-firearms such as "look at that kablammo!" or "that looks efficient. . .". I honestly don't need the condescending tone in your posts Shibumiseeker, I am only trying to educate myself. If you have a link in regards to how ammunition works, I would love to read up on it.

Thanks,

SZ-

Whatever dude. If you want to believe marketing hype from a manufacturer's website over folks who have studied the subject extensively (and I am not referring to myself here, though I do study ammo extensively), that is your business. Any condescension from me was based on your apparent reluctance to accept that their marketing hype may be anything but that, not on your lack of knowledge.

If you really want to learn the subject there is a ton of information out there. Some very basic searches can give you hours and hours of reading pleasure. The choice to learn or simply argue with some guy on the net is entirely yours.

As far as demos go, if you are truly interested in learning, rather than just arguing with some guy on the net whose words hurt your feelings, I would be happy to invite you out to my range where I will be happy to arrange a demo and to show you all sorts of different types of ammo. This is a genuine offer, not a snide or veiled insult or threat. If you think I'm too much of a jerk to learn from, INGO user LoveMyWoods or Moderator esrice would most likely be happy to make a similar offer as both are stand up guys who are happy to help novices.

Last edited:

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Spectators sport or hands on??? Lmao....

Heard about it once, but haven't done it yet, but take a hollow point cast, notch it like a star, swage it and it'll do kinda the same as the overpriced frangible ammo will do.

Hell I figure if my 230gr RN wont put you down at close range, I'm going to throw my gun at you and run the other way. Don't need to be frangible or expensive, hit in the right place it'll bring you down, regardless if its a 22LR or a 50bmg

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I agree, complete marketing BS. Reminds me of the wording that Black Talons used that got them into some hot water.

Honestly, while reading the site, I had a very hard time deciding if I thought it was a joke or not. How could an ammunition company be so stupid with those words on their product, this day and age? Seems like they're just ASKING the anti-gunners of the world to lash out.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Thanks for the link. Even after that review, it seems like no one is sure. I watched several videos last night and the rounds blow fruit and water jugs up nicely. Most videos compared them side by side against various JHP rounds, and the fang face did the most damage. I may see if theyll send me a box for a review. :)
    It might be good to have few boxes of this stuff around. There has been an increase in attacks by marauding bands of zombie nectarines around here of late.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I trust this ammo because I am an agent.
    I was actually in on this photo shoot, I'm the operator on the left.

extremeshokreduxxf4.jpg

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    "Exotic" frangible ammunition. For anyone really interested in learning about terminal ballistics and the patho-physiology of penetrating trauma, read these:

Exotic Ammo FAQ
    Basic Wound Ballistic Terminal Performance Facts - M4Carbine.net Forums
    Frangible ammunition and its efficacy for duty/self-defense use - M4Carbine.net Forums
    and
    LeMas/RBCD Ammunition Analysis - M4Carbine.net Forums which exposes the LeMas/RBCD ammunition claims as outrageous and bogus.

For those not interested in learning about the subject, feel free to continue offering unsupported (and incorrect) opinions.

Bottom line: energy is not a wounding mechanism, and high-velocity, frangible bullets are very poor choices for defensive ammunition.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    @Shibumiseeker
    Absolutely! Date and time, what do I bring, and where? Assuming, the tests aren't run on me. :D

@Nift
    Thanks for the links.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    @Shibumiseeker
    Absolutely! Date and time, what do I bring, and where? Assuming, the tests aren't run on me. :D

@Nift
    Thanks for the links.

I have a couple of weekends in December free. My range is just SW of Bedford, I have pistol and up to 400 yard rifle. You bring any guns you want to shoot and plenty of fruit and water jugs. I have most guns available from . 22lr to .50bmg. Pm me and we can discuss dates.

Top Bottom