Is this just the beginning of rioting or will it subside?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think it was planned. I remember the words of a young Bernie voter saying essentially that he had hoped that they could win their revolution at the polls, but since Bernie didn’t win, they’d have to do it through an uprising, and that they’d have their revolution and would take over the country.

I thought at the time, well bring it *****, as I confidently regarded such a threat as preposterous. I failed to imagine how they could be as effective as they’ve been in the last few weeks. They haven’t won their revolution yet, and they’re a long way off from taking over the government altogether. But they’ve shown us how they could do it.

The other day Seattle surrendered one of their police precincts to the mob in deference. Just in getting some local governments even to consider dismantling their police departments is shocking progress towards ending the founding principles.

Free speech has been a fixture in America that has helped keep us free. When some radical voice suggests something ridiculously crazy there is always a proper rebuttal that keeps them from gaining any traction. They lost the 60s because cooler heads prevailed. They’ve solved that problem.

The revolutionaries here have created a situation through cancel culture and other social pressure where people are afraid to rebut the nonsense. Not only that. But for the first time in a national scale, they’re for ing people to say the words they want said. Silence is violence is a powerful slogan. You’re shamed if you don’t say their words.

So now they should have all our attention. They’re not just some fringe group of basement dwelling betas, LARPing hilariously in their delusions of might. This is serious ****. I’m not sure how this will play out. If you try to rebut them you are cast as the enemy rather than the voice of reason. There is no more reason. Because now, reason itself is racist.

.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again.

Some of your very best writing...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The next round of riots will be for gun control and assault weapon confiscation. Likely just in time to be a presidential election platform plank.

So this round of riots is to neuter the police and defund them to the extent they will not be able to react to crime and protect the public. Robberies and burglaries will go up causing good people to have to defend themselves. Some moron who is just turning his life around will enter the wrong house and the homeowner will stop the threat with their AR15. Instead of shooting them in the leg he will shoot multiple rounds of war ammunition from his clip into the intruder, killing him. There will be high school graduation pictures and [STRIKE]protest [/STRIKE]riots demanding Gun Control Now![/QUOTE

All this stuff about defunding police is just liberal politicians blowing smoke to buy votes. There may be some feeble attempts to do this in some of the cities we can name where civilization is nothing but a distant memory, but in the vast majority of the country this crap won't even get off the ground. Guns are flying off the shelves right now and I think gun ownership may well be in the best shape that its been in for awhile.

There is not the remotest possibility that there will be riots to further gun control.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Probably smacking a hornets' nest, but, assuming that even some of them acquired their guns legally, I am bothered that the 2A applies to these Antifa and BLM *******s.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is nothing compared to what the communist insurrectionists are preparing for November when Trump wins.

When? That's not a certainty. There's a lot of hyperbole, lies and mail in votes to navigate before there's anything certain about this election.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Shooting from the hip, but calling it as I see it based on watching all of this stuff constantly evolve and keep ratcheting up.

This isn't organic, this was planned.
    It's getting ever more clear the goal is to goad Trump into actions that result in someone getting killed, so they can roll it on the MSM 24/7 until the elections.

So it'll last as long as it remains politically relevant. The second it no longer matters, it will magically disappear and be forgotten. Just like Corona. (Corona will be making a come back before long though, because they really want mail in voting. I'm sure we'll get some BS about it mutating and being much more dangerous to justify a new wave of outrage and panic.)

You think I'm crazy? George Floyd broke into a pregnant mother's house, put a gun to her stomach and threatened to kill her and her child, while robbing them. And he gets national mourning, THREE funerals in as many cities, and a golden casket. These people are crazy.

FIFY. Even respected federal public officials only get two. (one at home and one in DC)

PS,
    So will it subside?
    The process isn't over.

Not until they get what they want, no matter how unreasonable. (Stuff like reparations, etc)

Really? C'mon man. I think there is enough information to at least strongly suspect that the riots were planned. But Floyd being intentionally killed to kick off the violence? Dude that's some next level :tinfoil:

NO, he isnt saying that. He wasnt PRE planned. They were just waiting on the right martyr to come along. Kinda like Rosa Parks. She wasnt the first to do that on a bus. There was another lady. My memory is a little hazy, but they passed on using her to push the cause because she wasnt "clean and wholesome" enough because she was a pregnant, single mother to be. They wanted someone bulletproof, like an older motherly figure that nobody could dismiss for other reasons. Not unlike people pointing at Floyd's history.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Probably smacking a hornets' nest, but, assuming that even some of them acquired their guns legally, I am bothered that the 2A applies to these Antifa and BLM *******s.

I don’t like seeing armed Marxists and communists on US soil either. However if they aren’t prohibited from possessing firearms, and obtained them legally...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Be interesting to see if the election ends up like Bush/Gore where it's so close it goes to the supreme court. Crazies on the streets for weeks where the weather is still warm.

I see all this as maybe a renaissance of America's small towns in the end.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I don’t like seeing armed Marxists and communists on US soil either. However if they aren’t prohibited from possessing firearms, and obtained them legally...
    Can't argue with that, and the rational part of me agrees.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Exactly - is anyone actually saying that a persons ideology is a litmus test for freedom - i.e. those God-given rights we hold so dear? :dunno:

That's really disturbing to hear any sort of talk like that on INGO. In one thread we go ape**** about the possibility of removing grampa's shotgun when he goes senile and suicidal, then in another thread we want to disarm people based on their politics - no trial, no judge, no nothing, just disarm them. Maybe we can get the NSA or CIA to do it.

I'm not in favor of destroying freedom to make me feel safer.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Riots did not seem to hurt Trumps support. Those who financed them will reevaluate their effect on their objectives and then decide if they will be of future value or if they should spend on something else to topple Trump.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    It will only end when "We the People" put a stop to it, so far we have emboldened them, I cannot honestly tell you, how or when it will end.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it was planned. I remember the words of a young Bernie voter saying essentially that he had hoped that they could win their revolution at the polls, but since Bernie didn’t win, they’d have to do it through an uprising, and that they’d have their revolution and would take over the country.

I thought at the time, well bring it *****, as I confidently regarded such a threat as preposterous. I failed to imagine how they could be as effective as they’ve been in the last few weeks. They haven’t won their revolution yet, and they’re a long way off from taking over the government altogether. But they’ve shown us how they could do it.

The other day Seattle surrendered one of their police precincts to the mob in deference. Just in getting some local governments even to consider dismantling their police departments is shocking progress towards ending the founding principles.

Free speech has been a fixture in America that has helped keep us free. When some radical voice suggests something ridiculously crazy there is always a proper rebuttal that keeps them from gaining any traction. They lost the 60s because cooler heads prevailed. They’ve solved that problem.

The revolutionaries here have created a situation through cancel culture and other social pressure where people are afraid to rebut the nonsense. Not only that. But for the first time in a national scale, they’re for ing people to say the words they want said. Silence is violence is a powerful slogan. You’re shamed if you don’t say their words.

So now they should have all our attention. They’re not just some fringe group of basement dwelling betas, LARPing hilariously in their delusions of might. This is serious ****. I’m not sure how this will play out. If you try to rebut them you are cast as the enemy rather than the voice of reason. There is no more reason. Because now, reason itself is racist.

This is so true. Yesterday afternoon, a local restaurant owner posted something on his restaurant FB page that I think he thought he was posting on his personal FB page. It wasn’t anything I’d consider racist but it was the kind of thing that was a bit odd to see a business owner post that wants to attract as wide a customer base as he could. It blew up. It did not tow the leftist narrative of sainthood for GF and all things all white people do are bad. Reason and logic could not apply. I was a racist because I tried to point out the failures in their arguments. It was a ****show.

My wife and I made sure to go eat lunch there today.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    George Floyd broke into a pregnant mother's house, put a gun to her stomach and threatened to kill her and her child, while robbing them. And he gets national mourning, and a golden casket. These people are crazy.

100% irrelevant to his murder. The officers who killed him didn't know his criminal history, and he had served his sentence and was released.

Our justice systems isn't supported to include being killed six years after being released from prison.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Just in getting some local governments even to consider dismantling their police departments is shocking progress towards ending the founding principles.

I want to hear what you mean by this.

Police departments weren't really a widespread thing at the founding of the U.S., so I don't think they are necessary for the country to pursue our defined principles. Why do you think they are?

Oh, and the best way to minimize bad interactions that citizens have with the police is to drastically reduce the number of laws (and the complexity of laws) being enforced. I think that's a position that most of INGO from across the spectrum can get behind.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I want to hear what you mean by this.

Police departments weren't really a widespread thing at the founding of the U.S., so I don't think they are necessary for the country to pursue our defined principles. Why do you think they are?

Oh, and the best way to minimize bad interactions that citizens have with the police is to drastically reduce the number of laws (and the complexity of laws) being enforced. I think that's a position that most of INGO from across the spectrum can get behind.

I think the issue is what fills the void? I’ve heard the libertarian arguments for this and even saw a pipe-dream video elsewhere of how it might be replaced. But the real world actualities of roaming bands of enforcers is probably what will result and I believe the BLM/Antifa folks envision themselves as the ones that get to anoint these bands of thug-enforcers.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    100% irrelevant to his murder. The officers who killed him didn't know his criminal history, and he had served his sentence and was released.

Our justice systems isn't supported to include being killed six years after being released from prison.

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm fairly certain the officers, at least the one that knelt on his neck knew Floyd's history. They worked together as bouncers at a bar, so they had a relationship already. Plus most patrol cops run into the same folks repeatedly and tend to know their history.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I agree with the sentiment, but I'm fairly certain the officers, at least the one that knelt on his neck new Floyd's history. They worked together as bouncers at a bar, so they had a relationship already. Plus most patrol cops run into the same folks repeatedly and tend to know their history.

His criminal history was in another state, and I haven't heard anything about him being a "frequent flyer" in Minneapolis. (Admittedly, I have been offline for much of the last week.)

Even if they did know, it's irrelevant.

Top Bottom