• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    See also my link to the relevant code. The "pledger" is defined in section 21. Pay attention to a1 and a12, which define the name and the ID used to enter into the loan agreement.

Maybe ask the pawn shop if a notarized letter naming you as your SIL's "agent" would work? You might still need to transfer through an FFL to take possession of the firearm, though.

Kimber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    South Bend
    Thanks every one you have been a great help.
    The pawn shop makes you wait till they run a check same as if i was purchasing it from a FFL. the problem was they would not release the rifle to me because i was not the person who pawned it. even though i had the ticket, and the wife of the person who did pawn the rifle. talked to local police here in town and they said they never heard of any law stopping me from picking up the rifle as long as i had money, license and could pass back ground check.
    again Thanks everyone

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Thanks every one you have been a great help.
    The pawn shop makes you wait till they run a check same as if i was purchasing it from a FFL. the problem was they would not release the rifle to me because i was not the person who pawned it. even though i had the ticket, and the wife of the person who did pawn the rifle. talked to local police here in town and they said they never heard of any law stopping me from picking up the rifle as long as i had money, license and could pass back ground check.
    again Thanks everyone
    If they still refuse then I would follow brad's advice. Take a copy of the IC in there and if they don't want to release it then tell them they are violating Indiana Code and call the number brad gave you right there on the spot. I bet they'll be willing to "see what they can do" then.

Top Bottom