Is this possible? Wouldn't .223 have passed through the children?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I can not even think of standing by and allowing this to happen. Even at the risk or loss of my own life. I am, well, confused. Was there no male presence in this school...none. I would expect for a female teacher to stay with and protect her class. I guess the Marlboro man really is dead.

I would have tried my damnedest to stop him. I'm not talking about a Banzai charge either. It took a little time to do what he did and I'm sure he could have been caught off guard at some point, especially since they have him painted as such a reclusive and timid kid. He certainly looked frail enough that even I could've handled him. We'll never know the truth though so I guess it's all moot.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    But according to whom? The 1st 2 days it was 2 handguns used and a rifle in the trunk. :dunno:

Shotgun in back of vehicle, Glock 10mm, Sig 9mm, and a Bushmaster .223, according an official with knowledge of the investigation, who was not authorized to speak about it and talked on condition of anonymity. :n00b:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

...So, even if current reports are wrong, and he just used pistols as initially reported for all shootings, we will have a new AWB before this report comes out? Convenient.

Personally, I cannot imagine a police officer not knowing immediately the difference between a Saiga and an AR15. I don't understand how there is ever a moment of confusion.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The problem is that they train everyone, teachers, students, faculty to run and hide from the assailant. When history has shown time and time again that these evil, cowards do not stop until confronted by someone, preferably with a gun. We should be training the teachers and faculty to assault the assailant instead of cowering in fear.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    We didn't get the first reports via LEO.

We got News-speak from the media. Gun Haters selling advertising space. And it is not confusion, but deliberately misguiding the Sheeple into slaughter-pens.
    ...So,I cannot imagine a police officer not knowing immediately the difference between a Saiga and an AR15. I don't understand how there is ever a moment of confusion.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yes. It is possible for .223/5.56 to expend all of its energy within a human body and not over penetrate. Hollow point or soft point are designed to expand and varmint rounds like the Hornady TAP rounds fragment violently in soft tissue.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Maybe they were frangibles. Or maybe--and this is sick, but--maybe they were cowered in the corner, and one bullet penetrated three or more children at a time, stopping in the last one. This seems likely based on the number of wounds per child.

God, what a sicko.

This ^^^ .

I go to public high school. Every year, they are required to have an "intruder drill". Similar to a fire drill/storm drill/etc. The standard procedure for this is; Everyone turn off the lights, get in the corner, and lock the door.

Literally, you have 30 kids huddled in a corner. That's not begging for a ****ing massacre or anything? At under 30 yards, I imagine that high velocity bullets are probably going to continue to travel in a straight line, regardless of hitting soft flesh. thud-thud-thud-thud-thud. Thus, 5 bullet holes from a single bullet.

BUT, god forbid we blame the public school system for the safety of the students attending it?!?

By the way, if Congress were to pass a law saying that all schools nationwide were to have armed guards, (I believe) it would be a violation of the 10th Amendment, which implies that the states themselves are in charge of public education (among other things).

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    if the mother was a prepper, it would be safe to say that she was stockpiling bulk rounds, likely XM193 or XM855, which I feel is most common with the prepper crowd. unlikely to be exotic frangible ammo or HP.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    ...So, even if current reports are wrong, and he just used pistols as initially reported for all shootings, we will have a new AWB before this report comes out? Convenient.

Personally, I cannot imagine a police officer not knowing immediately the difference between a Saiga and an AR15. I don't understand how there is ever a moment of confusion.

What most people have is what the media said, not the police. the State Police have only named the victims. The idiot that said the bodies were riddled with bullets only did three autopsies.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    What happened to the second suspect!? I don't watch any of the disinformation on the commie news networks. All one big story and that's what it is! one big story!! And yes at close range that .223 is going right through multiple objects especially those little children. If only someone had a pair and bum rushed this M'fer that day (better yet rocked his dome before he started!):(

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    For each person to be shot 3-11 times, the math doesn't seem to add up. According to the reports I've read, he burned through 3 magazines of 30-rounds, or 90 rounds. Let's say he shot 11 into all 26 victims... that's 286. We'll call this the high estimate. If each person got hit three times then that's 78 rounds. But the official said between 3 and 11. So does that mean that only some of the victims sustained the 11 shot injuries? Could someone correct me if I have some misinformation?

This was a horrible atrocity and I hate to dissect it like this. But there are many inconsistencies in what's been reported. For example, the initial media reports said he did it with the hand guns and left the AR-15 in his car, but then later reports said he used the AR-15 in the school.

I wish the media would get their facts straight before rushing to report a "story", because anything else is just dishonest reporting and should be penalized. Having worked in a field similar to new publishing, I understand the mentality of these reporters that being the first to break news is more important to them than coming out with the truth.

I would agree that it is distasteful, but it is necessary when the leftists are gleefully turning this tragedy into a political football and demanding that logic and reason be checked at the door while they do so.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    By the way, if Congress were to pass a law saying that all schools nationwide were to have armed guards, (I believe) it would be a violation of the 10th Amendment, which implies that the states themselves are in charge of public education (among other things).

They don't pass laws like that, they just withhold funding if you don't do it their way. The states get to choose if they go along with the Feds on things like highway safety and whatnot, but since no one passes up free $$$, they always do.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They don't pass laws like that, they just withhold funding if you don't do it their way. The states get to choose if they go along with the Feds on things like highway safety and whatnot, but since no one passes up free $$$, they always do.

Very true. It also makes me wonder why extortion is not considered a crime in this case.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis

As horrible as this shooting was. There are a lot of politically convenient things about it. The use of a highly unpopular rifle among politicians. The timing with the election is optimal for giving Obama all four years to dedicate towards stricter gun laws...

It could be a matter of chance, but there are a lot of oddly coincidental things about this in relation to the current state of politics.

Top Bottom