• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    THIS thread is beginning to be ridiculous. How many people actually belittled him in that thread? There were only a few comments even made about the English. Again, the story didn't even ad up and any other person would have been called out on that too! It seems some of you are really trying to look like the saints here, and really you just need to get over it.
    As I count, there were 14 replies to the OP. Two were VUPDBlue. Of the remaining 12, I would count five of them as qualifying. That does not count your post BTW. Counting VUPDBlue's posts, that would make seven of the 14.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    As I count, there were 14 replies to the OP. Two were VUPDBlue. Of the remaining 12, I would count five of them as qualifying. That does not count your post BTW. Counting VUPDBlue's posts, that would make seven of the 14.
    Really? Because I count three. There are a couple that could go either way. Heck, VUPD's could go either way.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I noticed two LMPD officers by my car and when I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard. IMO we need more people like these two officers.

Which brings me to my favorite part:
    i guess if you are from Gary and Illinois they will get you hard, as far as i know.

Is this becoming common practice for LEO encounters?

Anyways. Back to the OP.

This is INGO we are all here for a common reason.

cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Ok, first off... I'm sure a lot of the comments, and I know my comment, was directed at the story in the first place. There are all kinds of stories on INGO that revolve around LEO and citizen interactions, and while most of them are "unbelievable" they are still believable. This story is a case where I do not believe it, thus I commented, "Wow. Just, wow."

IMO, there was very little, if any, of El G's post that could be construed as not believable outside of some major picking of nits.

Now, if we're going to get to the heart of why THIS thread was started (which is clearly an attempt to "shame" other members) I would say that those who had a problem with his grammar, spelling and/or punctuation have just as much right to say it as he had to post his story.

I completely agree. Just like I have every right to say your wife's fat, your job is less important than a Burger King fry cook or your cleft palette makes you unpleasant to look at, if any of those were to apply. However, I wouldn't, because it would be rude and in poor taste.

Also, please note, that the OP in that thread made sure to point out that he has been a Merrillville resident for 23 years. In 23 years even with a second language, I don't find it unreasonable at all to think someone should be able to form a complete thought that is easy to read and flows well. If he had been here two or three years, ok. At 23 years, that excuse is tired.

Judging by El G's avatar photo, I'm guessing that the beginning of that 23 years was after the years of primary and secondary education, you know, were the intricacies of the English language are most efficiently learned.

My father left school in Arkansas after the sixth grade to help support his family. Until the day he died, he tended to write as he spoke, which did produce some humorous script, and he was born and bred an American citizen.

The cleaning lady where I worked years ago was Japanese and married a U.S. soldier. He brought her home to this country after WWII. She was 70+ years old, and you could barely understand what she was saying, but a nicer person I have ever known. She was like a grand-motherly figure to me.

It's not automatic. People don't just learn a second language my osmosis. Some manage it far better than others. In either case, no one is asking you to speak their language, so I really don't understand the hostility toward someone who is trying to speak ours.

THIS thread is beginning to be ridiculous. How many people actually belittled him in that thread? There were only a few comments even made about the English. Again, the story didn't even ad up and any other person would have been called out on that too! It seems some of you are really trying to look like the saints here, and really you just need to get over it.

Again, what part of the story was blatantly enough false to cause you to call :bs:?

• Was it the fact that the LEO was a nice guy? Of course, that just can't be!
    • Was it the notion of carrying a weapon you've never fired? Honestly, get over that one. He said he just hadn't had a chance to get to the range with it, and IMO it's still better than not carrying at all. Not sure with all the gung ho "always gotta be prepared to protect myself in any possible scenario" folks here, leaving it at home just because you haven't fired it yet makes much sense.
    • Was it the fact that the LEO didn't immediately ID the weapon? All the possible (and very likely) reasons for that are too obvious to even warrant listing.
    • Was it the part about the LEO cutting him a break and issuing him a seat belt violation instead of speeding ticket? Again, there is such a thing as a police officer who is more interested in keeping the peace, serving and protecting than just dropping the hammer at every opportunity.

I think the OP is just trying to get in the VIP club that was referenced in another thread. :rolleyes:

Think what you want. Hadn't even heard of this proposed "VIP club" before you just mentioned it. I typically log in, click on "New Posts" and skim for topics that look interesting. That one clearly must not have appeared so. I simply saw a fellow INGO'er getting jumped by his own peeps like it was their job or something. It wasn't cool, and I choose to believe that's not what INGO is about.

:ingo::patriot::cheers:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Once again the Ingo grammar police are out in full force. Hey, I got something to prove so I will bash this guy. One of my big dislikes internet gammar police. Ingo half completely freaking awesome, half a well enough said.

:scratch:

...... There were only a few comments even made about the English.........

Yeah, and most were made by a French guy that has english as a second language too.....
    I wouldn't worry too much about his opinion on gun stuff....... probably dropped every gun he has ever owned anyhow............

:D

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Yeah, and most were made by a French guy that has English as a second language too.....
    I wouldn't worry too much about his opinion on gun stuff....... probably dropped every gun he has ever owned anyhow............

:D
    That doesn't even live, nor has he ever lived, in the United States.

I wasn't going to point that part out, but it did make me :laugh:

Top Bottom