• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    ISIS can be EVERYWHERE since it is an ideology, not a nationality, an ethnicity, nor a nation. So anyone anywhere in the world can be ISIS at any time. That is what makes it impossible to "wipe out" in conventional warfare.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    One of my best friends from college is Muslim. He and his whole family visited a few years ago and they all prayed in my parents' backyard. I know they aren't all evil. A significant number of them appear to be, though. And history shows it doesn't take many to wreak havoc.

Have you converted

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ISNA is a mosque... A "church". I've been there many times and my head remains intact. I've been to the Vice Secretary General of ISNA's home and broke bread with his family... I grew up with his son who still remains one of my closest friends.
    ...and through it all, my head remains intact.

But, have you acquired a taste for Hawaiian Snacks? :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I get sick of the same old drivel. There are some absolutely evil people in this world committing horrific acts in the name of Islam, but it's not the whole of the people.

Got to ask, why do we think that the peaceful majority is relevant to the totalitarian core?:dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've been left to wonder who represent the "true" followers of Islam as set forth by their writings and envisioned by Muhammad and who represents the Muslim version of Easter and Christmas Christians?

Cross posted from the Paris attacks thread.

Paris attacks: Restaurant worker who saved two women - BBC News

When the firing started on Friday night, Safer was at work behind the bar of the Casa Nostra restaurant in Paris.

"I was at the counter. We heard explosions - really loud bangs. Everyone started screaming, glass rained down on us. It was awful. There was glass all over the place, hitting us in our faces.

"I saw two women out on the terrace had been hit. One in the wrist and in the other in the shoulder. They were bleeding really badly."

He waited for a lull in the firing, them ran outside to the wounded women.
    "I picked them up and rushed them downstairs to the basement. I sat with them and tried to stop the bleeding.
    "As we were downstairs, we could hear the gunfire continuing above. It was terrifying."

Safer doesn't have the answers. He lives in the 11th and is a Muslim of Algerian origin.

Both were Muslim, and both risked their lives for others while men claiming to represent their faith caused so much carnage.
    A contrast that perhaps illustrates the complex nature of Muslim relations in France.
    I asked him what he thought about the killers claiming their actions in the name of Islam.
    "This has nothing to do with religion."
    "Real Muslims are not made for killing people," he said. "These are criminals."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I think all that does is demonstrate there are Muslims who are good people. I would venture that between most and almost all are (when compared to other people). I never challenged that. It does not not show whether those people are closer to the "true" nature of Islam as envisioned by its founder or whether the terrorists are.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Please, God, help me avoid another Reformation Day thread.

I think all that does is demonstrate there are Muslims who are good people. I would venture that between most and almost all are (when compared to other people). I never challenged that. It does not not show whether those people are closer to the "true" nature of Islam as envisioned by its founder or whether the terrorists are.

Let's think of a Venn diagram. A big circle with a small circle inside it, with part of the small circle outside the big circle. If the big circle is all Muslims, then the small circle is Muslims who are terrorists or terrorist sympathizers (with the sympathizers being the part of the small circle that is within the big circle). Isn't it fair to say the big circle - the majority - are closer to the "true" nature?

Otherwise, couldn't we say the same thing about gun owners? We like to think of gun owners as polite, safe, and good members of society. There's a set of gun owners that are negligent and/or criminal.

Which are closer to the "true" nature of American gun owners?

Top Bottom