• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

One of the rare "FIFY"s that I'm ok with. ;)

Of course, she's entitled to a fair trial to determine guilt before any punishment is levied. But yeah, if it results in the death penalty, I'm ok with it based on currently available information.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, laws and stuff

https://pjmedia.com/claudiarosett/timeline-of-the-isis-bride/
    The Chilling Timeline of the ISIS Bride Who Wants to Return to America

I don't know if you're imagining I'm saying more than I'm saying or not. What I'm saying. Partisan influence notwithstanding, I'll trust our legal system is sufficient to determine her citizenship, and if she's a citizen, figure out what to do with her. Of course, if not, she's on her own. Probably shouldn't have given up the cushy gig she had.

What I'm most definitely NOT saying: She's a citizen and we should embrace her.

I suspect that what you think I'm saying is somewhere between that and what I actually said.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks increasingly like it will be up to the court to decide her status and depending on the outcome either bring her back and follow legal proceedings and penalties or let her rot in limbo where she’s at in the hell that she created for herself.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    She is not a citizen of the US. Yes, she was born here to parents on a diplomatic mission. This does not grant he birth right citizenship.

She is more than welcome to go home to Yeman.

This is not her home.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    She is not a citizen of the US. Yes, she was born here to parents on a diplomatic mission. This does not grant he birth right citizenship.

That is not at all clear.

There is a document that shows that his diplomatic privileges expired before her birth. The State Department appears to now be saying that they didn't get notice until after her birth. Yet, it isn't clear where the "notice" part is important.

If he wasn't a diplomat, then he wasn't a diplomat. T'would be interestinger to know when he switched from a diplomatic visa to a Lawful Permanent Resident one (or some other non-diplomatic visa). I don't think I've seen that.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty

There is a document that shows that his diplomatic privileges expired before her birth. The State Department appears to now be saying that they didn't get notice until after her birth. Yet, it isn't clear where the "notice" part is important.

If he wasn't a diplomat, then he wasn't a diplomat. T'would be interestinger to know when he switched from a diplomatic visa to a Lawful Permanent Resident one (or some other non-diplomatic visa). I don't think I've seen that.

Where is this document?

Read here:
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1451

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Probably going to be admitted in the civil case, so we'll have to wait and see.

All kind of a moot point. Obama Admin revoked her U.S. Passport in 2016.

That doesn't (and can't) change her citizenship status. She is or she ain't. No passport, social security card, or drivers license, can change that.

Its just that sometimes, that citizenship issue can get tricky.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

A US judge has agreed with Obama and Trump that she's not a citizen.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/14/us/hoda-muthana-isis-citizenship.html

Her dad was a diplomat at the relevant time, so she's not USian. The appellate review will take awhile.

Top Bottom