• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I go every time. Got free passes this time, woo hoo!
    Hope to find small pistol primers and powder on Friday before it sells out.
    How did you get free passes?

That said - Profire Arms will have some pistol primers and powder in-stock on Friday the 31st [at their store, not at the 1500]. Check their forum section here on INGO.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    This thread is full of posts about "deals" at the 1500. Folks....there is no such thing. If you enjoy going and looking at the stuff there, then go. But anyone posting that they got a "deal" at the 1500 is a fool. The environment doesn't lend itself to that happening. Almost without exception, you can do better with a little patience, diligence, and time on the Internet. The day of a "deal" being found at a gun show is long gone.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    This thread is full of posts about "deals" at the 1500. Folks....there is no such thing. If you enjoy going and looking at the stuff there, then go. But anyone posting that they got a "deal" at the 1500 is a fool. The environment doesn't lend itself to that happening. Almost without exception, you can do better with a little patience, diligence, and time on the Internet. The day of a "deal" being found at a gun show is long gone.

Are you saying it is or is not possible? You kind of contradict yourself wich happens alot, but its not usually in 1 post.

Either way there ARE deals to be found. You may not find them every show you go to, but it does happen.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Are you saying it is or is not possible? You kind of contradict yourself wich happens alot, but its not usually in 1 post.

Either way there ARE deals to be found. You may not find them every show you go to, but it does happen.

We know you're trying. No one thinks poorly of you. Hang in there.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I walked away from the 1500 with a battle belt and several Taco pouches (magazine and first aid) for $50. I've gotten several deals on knives. I've found magazines that would have cost more on the internet. I've also been able to find belts that fit me. Now, I didn't save anything on the belts, but I walked away confident they fit me.

To call me a fool for saying I got a deal is fine. If you choose to search the internet for your deals, that's fine. But, I've tried the internet thing before and it's a pain to return something when it doesn't work; is too small/big or isn't what was advertised. Of course you can find great items on the internet, so if that works for you, have at it.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I walked away from the 1500 with a battle belt and several Taco pouches (magazine and first aid) for $50. I've gotten several deals on knives. I've found magazines that would have cost more on the internet. I've also been able to find belts that fit me. Now, I didn't save anything on the belts, but I walked away confident they fit me.

To call me a fool for saying I got a deal is fine. If you choose to search the internet for your deals, that's fine. But, I've tried the internet thing before and it's a pain to return something when it doesn't work; is too small/big or isn't what was advertised. Of course you can find great items on the internet, so if that works for you, have at it.

I will and I do. While it's certainly possible to find something at the 1500 that you find to be a "bargain", it's likely that you could have found the same item online at a lesser cost, even after the trade off between parking and admittance vs. shipping costs. To each their own. Finding a "deal" isn't what motivates me to go to the 1500. I go just for the social experience. I find it cheap entertainment.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    Going to the 1500 for the first time.. Coming down from the north with 2 other friends. Looking to see all the INGO dealers for the first time.. Looking forward to see AA optics and The knife lady and a few others Im sure. You won't be able to miss me. Ill be in a INGO polo shirt.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I will and I do. While it's certainly possible to find something at the 1500 that you find to be a "bargain", it's likely that you could have found the same item online at a lesser cost, even after the trade off between parking and admittance vs. shipping costs. To each their own. Finding a "deal" isn't what motivates me to go to the 1500. I go just for the social experience. I find it cheap entertainment.

So, you go to the 1500 and never buy anything, but only to watch people?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    So, you go to the 1500 and never buy anything, but only to watch people?

Somewhat to watch people but more so to see things on display that I hadn't previously considered. I'll usually refrain from buying it there and look for it online after seeing it at the show but I do sometimes just buy it there. I bought a unique holster at the show last fall that I probably could have found online cheaper but I wanted it now and they had it now....a buyer and seller together at the right time.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Family is in town from Texas, I get off work at 2 on Friday and taking my Dad up there. He's never been to a gun show before so this will be his first one and why not let it be the 1500.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Somewhat to watch people but more so to see things on display that I hadn't previously considered. I'll usually refrain from buying it there and look for it online after seeing it at the show but I do sometimes just buy it there. I bought a unique holster at the show last fall that I probably could have found online cheaper but I wanted it now and they had it now....a buyer and seller together at the right time.

I think this is what mostly everyone does, so you are in the pool of fools with the rest of us, except you know you paid more than you would have on the internet. For the things I have purchased, I believe I've gotten them cheaper than I could online, mostly.

Stop by the INGO table when you get to the show and say hello. :ingo:

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Penny-Pinch(as)er, when I buy a firearm or related gear, I'm also looking to make a working relationship with the seller. I know from experience that a lot of firearms will need some form of TLC down the road, and that interwebz ninja you just bought that Mosin from isn't gonna do squat to help you remedy a situation. I may pay a few more dollars than the lowest-bidder on the web, but I take solace in knowing I have someone to go back to should I have a problem. That, to me, is the real bargain. And I'll walk away with that with a smile...

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Somewhat fun to walk around... In past we've typically gone on Sunday anyone know what the usual Friday afternoon wait is like?

Figure this is only hope of finding decent price on Small Pistol Primers as all will be ancient history by Sunday.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I go for hard to find items, be them parts, cleaning equipment, on the spot gunsmithing and just to see friends I usually only get to see at the Indy 1500. Otherwise, I give my gun money to my LGSs

storm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    I recently made my first handgun purchase so every trip previously to the 1500 has mainly been just to oogle and go with those who had their own. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to go this weekend as I'm looking to get a range bag. Does anyone have an educated guess on if accessories like that won't have crazy inflated prices compared to online? I figure ticket price makes up for some of the shipping cost plus I'll be making my first trip to the range on Sunday with my own firearm.

Top Bottom