• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    I post an item I want to trade. I don’t know what I want to trade for so I am open to offers. I clearly stated that I am looking for something interesting. I immediately get bombarded with messages “what are you looking for”, “how much cash”, “give some idea”. Even get messages from admin to edit my post to include what I’m looking for and it’s value... last I checked it said recommended, not required. I don’t know what I’m looking for. If you’re interested, you already know the value or you have thirty seconds to look. Maybe something you have would me more valuable to me than it is to you.. This is my case of it is possible to be too simple because I guess I left too much out of my ad. Anyone else run into this type of issue here or anywhere in life? Where you made it too simple?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Yes, I've run the same type of ad, I always answer, that I don't know what I'm looking for til I see it....Good luck

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Suggested ad:

I have this item I am willing to trade for something I find more interesting.

(describe item, with plenty of pics)

I am not sure what I will find more interesting and am open to suggestions. If you are interested in my item figure out what is is worth to you and contact me with trade offers. Don't be offended if I do not accept your offer, this is a search and I won't know what I'm looking for until you find it for me.

Optional: No cash offers at this time.

Maybe that gets the flavor of what you want?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I post an item I want to trade. I don’t know what I want to trade for so I am open to offers. I clearly stated that I am looking for something interesting. I immediately get bombarded with messages “what are you looking for”, “how much cash”, “give some idea”. Even get messages from admin to edit my post to include what I’m looking for and it’s value... last I checked it said recommended, not required. I don’t know what I’m looking for. If you’re interested, you already know the value or you have thirty seconds to look. Maybe something you have would me more valuable to me than it is to you.. This is my case of it is possible to be too simple because I guess I left too much out of my ad. Anyone else run into this type of issue here or anywhere in life? Where you made it too simple?
    So I ask you to put suggestions and a cash value in the ad and you start a thread and cry about it. As I said we "Strongly" suggest you do this just to stop the "STUPID" you are being bombarded with. You can put a suggestion in the ad that anything interesting past your list can be considered.

Then you give me a snarky response. Not cool my brother.

Why do we make something so simple be so hard. And no not everyone knows what every gun is worth. People actually have impulse to see what you may want for the thing as they are attracted to it.

We have reasons to make these rules and this is one of them.

Have a great evening....

-CM-

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At least offer suggestions to give us an idea what you want.

For instance...

Interested in:
    Glock handguns
    boxes of primers
    left handed nut scratchers
    a lightly used Ark of the Covenant
    Crumbs from BigTanker's beard
    Unicorn poop
    gift certificate to a hit man.
    etc

At least give us a starting point so we dont waste our time with offers of revolvers, right handed nut scratchers, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At least offer suggestions to give us an idea what you want.

For instance...

Interested in:
    Glock handguns
    boxes of primers
    left handed nut scratchers
    a lightly used Ark of the Covenant
    Crumbs from BigTanker's beard
    Unicorn poop
    gift certificate to a hit man.
    etc

At least give us a starting point so we dont waste our time with offers of revolvers, right handed nut scratchers, etc.
    Bingo.
    I have the matching left hand nut attachment for the device if interested.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Says the Joker to the Cowboy: What'll ya take in trade?...

Whatta'ya got?
    bebc326a1394b2ca6673440bcc3a0686.jpg

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    So I ask you to put suggestions and a cash value in the ad and you start a thread and cry about it. As I said we "Strongly" suggest you do this just to stop the "STUPID" you are being bombarded with. You can put a suggestion in the ad that anything interesting past your list can be considered.

Then you give me a snarky response. Not cool my brother.

Why do we make something so simple be so hard. And no not everyone knows what every gun is worth. People actually have impulse to see what you may want for the thing as they are attracted to it.

We have reasons to make these rules and this is one of them.

Have a great evening....

-CM-

Wasn't intending to sound snarky but yea maybe I was a little bit. Struck a nerve and I may have outbursted a little. My apologies. I felt “open to interesting trades” woulda been specific enough.

i do not regret starting this thread though. I like seeing the opinions. Some funny. Others helpful.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Remember, what you find interesting and what someone else finds interesting can be completely different. You would be much better off being specific in spelling out what your interests are (ex: milsurp guns, 1911's, PCC's, etc).

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Wasn't intending to sound snarky but yea maybe I was a little bit. Struck a nerve and I may have outbursted a little. My apologies. I felt “open to interesting trades” woulda been specific enough.

i do not regret starting this thread though. I like seeing the opinions. Some funny. Others helpful.
    You don’t have to give specific interests but if you don’t put anything you’ll get unnecessary pms and Ad bumps with people asking what kind of trades. The reason for the rule is all the possible ad bumps that we then have to clean up.

like some suggested above, you can say things like semi auto pistols, glocks, 1911s... just kidding nobody wants those.

or that you’re looking for things in certain calibers, or 4 wheelers, guitars etc etc etc

Top Bottom