It's like AR15's hit the classifieds in waves.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do think many are selling due to tough times in the personal finances. A shotgun site I also like had dozen or two "for sale" ads in the classified section several years ago. Now there are closer to two hundred. The site I am talking about has an older user base who generally does not even flinch when paying $10,000 plus for a shotgun. When people in that economic group starts selling things, you know the economy is tough.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Couple of AKs on here too:D Seems to be me that the 'ole recession isn't over like everyone claims.......I foresee worse times ahead. I would be stocking up ammo before guns right now:patriot:
    That's my plan... going to the 1500 this weekend and NOT looking for a gun... just ammo... and maybe some accessories... NOT a gun though... no, no... NOT a gun... And I will be repeating that over and over again on my way to the show... while I'm walking to the show from the parking lot, while I'm walking through the show... :):

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm waiting until around Christmas, slowly stacking up cash. Economy+post panic buy+Xmas=new rifle for DH! :D

ARs have really come down, at least in components. Remembered a chromed bolt and carrier would cost almost a newborn, but now, there are SO many guys making them and to get specs (Palmetto, Spikes, etc...), prices really come down on quality ARs and components!! The panic beat the bushes for boutiques to make these things, now they can't hardly give 'em away.
    I don't have any newborns... have a couple of slightly used grandkids... I'm kinda partial to the grandson, but the granddaughter is still fairly new and the jury is still out on her... Maybe her trade-in value will go up once she's housebroken... ;):laugh:

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    sell with high price just before x mas.......buy new after tax refund(if you get one) seems to be the trend i have seen with all play toys

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So whats an AR really worth? i might give 300.00 for one.

A lot more than that, even for a crappy one. Double that and you can pick up a used descent AR or even be really close to a new entry level one.

But I love the posts for $1000 DPMS rifles, its not just ARs though. There as a guy I PMd about a shotgun, he was selling it for what Gander has it on sale right now. He wouldn't budge, have fun with that, enjoy it being on the classifieds indefinitely.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Funny that there is a thread on this. I commented to a friend who is also a member about the sudden influx of AR's in the classifieds.
    The most over priced one is the post ban bushmaster with fixed carry handle with A1 rear sight. I think he started it at $1500.00 or trade.
    I have on more than one occasion thought of PM"img him to let him know he would be lucky to get $500.00 out of it. Just my :twocents:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Funny that there is a thread on this. I commented to a friend who is also a member about the sudden influx of AR's in the classifieds.
    The most over priced one is the post ban bushmaster with fixed carry handle with A1 rear sight. I think he started it at $1500.00 or trade.
    I have on more than one occasion thought of PM"img him to let him know he would be lucky to get $500.00 out of it. Just my :twocents:

^^^This^^^ I paid $900 for my then new Smith & Wesson M4 Model A. Great rifle, damn accurate with iron sights, let alone a scope.:ar15:

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Come to think of it, the only gun I've ever sold on here was an AR, and that was just because I'm wanting to upgrade eventually. I don't do much selling, once I get a new gun it's very very hard to part with it so I just save and save until I have the cash for another.

IndyRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Indianapolis

Especially since you can pick up a Palmetto Armory AR15 with Aimpoint Pro brand new for $999.00.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A lot more than that, even for a crappy one.

He asked how much they were worth, not how much they cost ;)... I would not give a lot more than that for a crappy one.

I would for a good one though ;)

As others have stated I've noticed a lot of crazy prices in the classifieds for them. Just saw an S&W in the classifieds for significantly more than I could pick up a brand new one.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I am selling mine because I just don't shoot it enough. I should of sold it back when it was worth 2x's the value when Mr.O got elected. But now I am just looking to sell or trade it so I can acquire different weapons. BUT I have noticed some people on here want something for nothing, or when trading they aren't very open minded. Just my:twocents: :rockwoot:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This is true, but you have to have a realistic price to begin with.
    And we all want a deal, that is just human natrure. I have gotten and given good deals, and have done some fair trades as well.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    He asked how much they were worth, not how much they cost ;)... I would not give a lot more than that for a crappy one.

I would for a good one though ;)

As others have stated I've noticed a lot of crazy prices in the classifieds for them. Just saw an S&W in the classifieds for significantly more than I could pick up a brand new one.

As they saying goes its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. They sell a lot of Olympics for $600-$700 new, apparently they are worth it.

I am selling mine because I just don't shoot it enough. I should of sold it back when it was worth 2x's the value when Mr.O got elected. But now I am just looking to sell or trade it so I can acquire different weapons. BUT I have noticed some people on here want something for nothing, or when trading they aren't very open minded. Just my:twocents: :rockwoot:
    I understand what you are saying, people are inherently cheap and always looking for a deal. But its a buyer market right now, even more so when you can build a quality AR for 600 these days. People are asking over a grand for ars you can buy new for less than that. Who is going to buy a used Bushmaster or DPMS for the same price you can buy a new Colt.

Last edited:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Lots of guns with <100 rds down the tube. Either they realized that the black rifle did not make them an instant leet-0 operator or somebody's fibbin.
    Every gun sold has less than 100 rounds down the barrel, even guns bought back in 1986. :D

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Yea a lot of guys seem to think their AR's have a block of gold bullion in them or something.:): Totally unrealistic IMO.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Maybe they just need quick 1500 money...but some of the asking prices will prevent a quick sale!

Top Bottom