• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can sure think of a lot of crap but no accomplishments, at least none that were beneficial to THIS country.

You are clear that there are a great many people who thought those accomplishment were beneficial to THIS country, right?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The trend is your friend, amigo. Trumpster didn't cause an inflection point in the curve. He continued it....or perhaps was unable to stop a trend from continuing.

Works for net exports of oil. Works for unemployment (see prior graph on unemployment vs market). Works for a lot of other "Trump success stories".

It's the same as a new husband claiming his wife just gave birth to his new baby when the guy she divorced actually laid the keel, so to speak.

You forgot to mention Trump's Keynesian economic policy whereby trillion dollar deficit spending is boosting the economy.
    Well, if we're going with trends, exports started trending up under Bush, so strike 2. I agree with you on deficit spending. Ball! High and outside! :):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    DD: You confuse your boasting of Trump with me possibly doing the same for Obama. You would be in error. I considered Obama a mediocre president for the most part. But I'll have to say he is a lot classier than your guy.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The 47% that pay no taxes I'm guessing?

No INCOME taxes, you mean. And doesn't that 47% include seniors on soc sec who paid taxes during their lifetime, hmmm?

From Forbes: The "number" is actually 44%. In addition, "Only 11 percent of those age 25-55 do not pay federal income tax while more than 80 percent of those age 75 or older are non-payers".

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Because utter nonsense is starting to smell a lot like horse ****.

I'll repeat it just for those who need a couple of times reading something for it to sink in:

Only 11 percent of those age 25-55 do not pay federal income tax while more than 80 percent of those age 75 or older are non-payers.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    DD: You confuse your boasting of Trump with me possibly doing the same for Obama. You would be in error. I considered Obama a mediocre president for the most part. But I'll have to say he is a lot classier than your guy.

Yep, your guy, Edward Kennedy, said "his gig line was straight and he didn't speak with a Negro dialect."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No INCOME taxes, you mean. And doesn't that 47% include seniors on soc sec who paid taxes during their lifetime, hmmm?

What are you bothering people with those pesky details for?!?
    Woohoo! You beat me down by 3%! :rockwoot:And yes, I mean INCOME taxes. And I also mean by "paid" that they do not get all (or more) of it back via EIC and the like.

And I noticed this part was left out by your subsequent post Alpo. "From Forbes: The "number" is actually 44%."

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I thought Harry Reid said that.

It seems you are correct.
    Harry Reid's comments about Barack Obama as a "light-skinned" African-American with "no Negro dialect" are hardly the first to land him in hot water.

But I do think it was Kennedy that mentioned his gig line, but I cannot prove it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Think of all the political things he did that you didn't like. His administration called them accomplishments. Well, unless you disliked him for some frivolous reason, I guess.... but I doubt that's the case.

So pallets of cash, along with sanctions relief and access to world markets, and pausing but not ending nuclear weapons development with no restrictions on missile development or support of terrorism for Iran was an accomplishment?

Who knew?

Top Bottom