• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    I spend several hours a week in the Student Union. Where was/is this famed shooting range? I can't think of anything lower in the builder than the bowling alley/food courts/hotel.

Yeah it is disappointing....I'm sitting in the library as I type this and walking here I saw an IU cop witness two cars race down 10th street and he did nothing.

I love the town but their damn liberal agenda is killing me.

Im right there with you... I'm a freshman here and cant wait to do my 4 years and get out... would definitely not mind seeing that gun range reopened...

also, the majority of my girl friends have mace on their keychains... my roommates girlfriend who goes to purdue carries a taser.

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    this whole b.s. is what the f@#$ is wrong with america anymore. anyone man, woman, or child should be able to protect themselves period. it shouldn't be well you can defend yourself at the corner store, in indy, or anywhere but a college where you are most likely to get raped.

here is how i see stuff. we are so worried about being politically correct and making sure no ones feelings are hurt that society has decided it would rather have America's daughters raped, beaten and killed vs allowing folks in america to uphold their constitutional rights and defend themselves. its very very sad to me as a father. I have a daughter and something has to change when dirt bag criminals have more rights than a law abiding citizen do just because she or even he is on a college campus. I feel that as a whole our country needs to get it the f@#$ together and realize we spend billions of dollars a year taking care of career rapist and criminals who will never provide anything to society period.

sorry i digress but as a father who's 4 year old is growing up i often worry about how much america is willing to accept. by the time she is 10 the sheeple will be so bad off that if she scratches the face of the rapist she could be charged with battery. its sad. we need to bring back more and more death penalties and other forms of penalties to show criminals that if you get caught you will actually pay the price.

here is how i feel period. 3 hots and a cot is a whole lot of bull@#$% for people who rape, murder, and touch children. something has to change, i mean does anyone wonder why crime is so low in 3rd world countries? we need to get it together and start hanging folks in time square and monument circle again so criminals know when they get caught its not going to be a free ride

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Nope. It's a flashlight.
    It's use is to see in the dark. If she strikes an attacker with it, it was only because it was already in her hand.

That makes perfect sense to me do therefore it will not to a liberal university like IU

Last edited:

djjdnap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    the polis of indiana
    [FONT=&quot]On September 5, 2010 a sexual battery occurred in the Lockefield Apartments (737 Lockefield Ln) and was reported to IMPD. At approximately 2:15 AM the victim was assaulted while asleep. The suspect then fled the apartment.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]On September 11, 2010, a burglary occurred in the Canal Square Apartments (359 N. West St.) at approximately 1:15 AM as well as in Lockefield Gardens Apartments at approximately 5:00AM. Residents were home asleep during both burglaries.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A suspect in the burglaries is a black male, dark skinned, 5’6”-5”7”, 220 lbs, short & stocky with short hair-nearly bald.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Residents are reminded to take precautions such as locking doors, latching windows, keeping a light on at night, and using a security bar with sliding glass doors.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you have any information concerning these crimes call Crime Stoppers at 262-TIPS. [/FONT]
    now i've seen a couple of these so called tips and it makes me nervous because the description is so vague.
    1. It almost describes myself
    2. Other people reading it are going to suspect any black guy they see at school.
    And in both events the ppl were sleep how do they have a description?
    Mind you this is IUPUI.Not IU

After going through the site further

Police Department : Finance and Administration : IUPUI

This website is just sad.
    IMO school police are like the police u see on a show where they just blow ordinary situations out of proportion and while doing so never help the people that actually need it.
    :twocents:

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    Sad part of IU is that under the student union building is one of the best indoor ranges ever built. But a jerk IU president shut it down because he didn't think it looked good seeing students walking around campus with rifles or shotguns over their shoulders.

Funny thing how the campus was so much safer before Mr. Brand declared it to be safe only for criminals.

that is too nuts...its so sad how times have changed

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    ...I saw an IU cop witness two cars race down 10th street and he did nothing.

It is also likely what is killing the attitude of the cops as well. Liberal universities can be very knee-jerk in their reactions to issues. From complaints of racism to allegations of outright criminal conduct on the officers, most university cops don't have anything near the defense you would find if you had the FOP backing you. I have heard stories of "Fire him/her!" coming from the mouth of university officials for things that defiantly needed to be fully investigated prior to just jumping on firing the officer.

When employees don't feel that their employer will back them on legal, proper actions, they figure it is better to hide in the shade than get involved in stuff and end up loosing your job. The more this attitude spreads, the more the old saying is likely to come to practice: Why run to a fight when you can walk to a homicide.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm down at at IUB several times a week, the kids need to put the IPOD's away and quit texting as they walk. Even at night you see people walking around with IPOD's on staring at their phone as they text and walk around campus, it's easy pickings.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I spend several hours a week in the Student Union. Where was/is this famed shooting range? I can't think of anything lower in the builder than the bowling alley/food courts/hotel.

Yeah it is disappointing....I'm sitting in the library as I type this and walking here I saw an IU cop witness two cars race down 10th street and he did nothing.

It actually was under the bowling alley. As others have mentioned, entrance was from Dunn meadow through unmarked steel doors. If you didn't know it was there you'd never find it. It was a nice little 50 ft range, but it was a bit odd to hear people overhead while you were shooting.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    It is also likely what is killing the attitude of the cops as well. Liberal universities can be very knee-jerk in their reactions to issues. From complaints of racism to allegations of outright criminal conduct on the officers, most university cops don't have anything near the defense you would find if you had the FOP backing you. I have heard stories of "Fire him/her!" coming from the mouth of university officials for things that defiantly needed to be fully investigated prior to just jumping on firing the officer.

When employees don't feel that their employer will back them on legal, proper actions, they figure it is better to hide in the shade than get involved in stuff and end up loosing your job. The more this attitude spreads, the more the old saying is likely to come to practice: Why run to a fight when you can walk to a homicide.

Don't know if this is still the case but at one time they had a rule that any officer who took their weapon out of its holster had to write a report. So for example if they were checking a building in response to an alarm and drew their weapon then they had to turn in a written report. This had a tendency to cause the campus guys to hesitate to draw their weapons.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I graduated in 1982 and shot at that range several times. If I recall they rented .22 Ruger pistols if you did not have your own.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    gouys you no longer have to worry as I will take one for the team and patrol the desolate backstreets of bloomington protecting the young, innocent, uber hot, and easy ladies from thieves in the night.:patriot:

true story we were out the other night I was not drinking my buddy was and we were leaving for the night and two chicks kept bugging us for a ride home and my buddy kept telling them he was a rapist but they said no he wasn't and kept trying to get rides home. it got funny to me how adamant he was about being a rapist and they just could care less. so the chicks are doing themselves any favors.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I consider Bloomington to be Indiana's Mos Eisley, "a wretched hive of scum and villainy." I hate that place and it's rampant ignorance and PC liberal stupidity with a passion. I only go there if I absolutely must and I make an effort not to spend any money in that hellhole. I know people who attend IU and I won't rest easy till they graduate.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr0ZyMPFJeU[/ame]

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I consider Bloomington to be Indiana's Mos Eisley, "a wretched hive of scum and villainy." I hate that place and it's rampant ignorance and PC liberal stupidity with a passion. I only go there if I absolutely must and I make an effort not to spend any money in that hellhole. I know people who attend IU and I won't rest easy till they graduate.

YouTube - Hive of Scum and Villainy

nice to know how you feel about me.:(

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    2010-11-10_10-09-12_16.jpg

:(

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I graduated from IU in 2007. I had no idea that there was a pistol range in the Union, although I had often wondered what was inside those doors.

I'm not on campus frequently anymore, but like Drillsgt, I am amazed how many students are waltzing around with Ipods and cells that take their SA down to the point where they wouldn't notice an elephant if it walked past them.

If they reopened that pistol range, I would totally go shoot at it.

Although hell would probably have frozen over at that point, so I might have bigger things to worry about...

Top Bottom