• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey doc,

I don't mean to pry, and perhaps this is best addressed in a PM, but was the doctor a "gun guy"? I mean, he died of a gsw apparently, so to me it becomes a data point whether he had guns in the house or if he might've been confronting an intruder unarmed or any number of other scenarios.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't know him well enough to say for sure but he was former army, possibly retired army. He had a bullet proof vest in his office when he interviewed me and worked with local SWAT at one point. Probably so but can't be sure

Hey doc,

I don't mean to pry, and perhaps this is best addressed in a PM, but was the doctor a "gun guy"? I mean, he died of a gsw apparently, so to me it becomes a data point whether he had guns in the house or if he might've been confronting an intruder unarmed or any number of other scenarios.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know him well enough to say for sure but he was former army, possibly retired army. He had a bullet proof vest in his office when he interviewed me and worked with local SWAT at one point. Probably so but can't be sure

Thanks.

The rep compliance board says I can't give you any more rep right now. Must be some rule or something.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why yes printcraft, it appears so.

Okay, Other Barry
    140a729824dba327bd0a7d658d6edeb6.jpg

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I live 500 yards from this incident. Any LEO out there privy to the MO of these punks? How does this go down? Any speculation on what they do? Park in front, just wandering through, try unlocked doors, case the place first? What?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I live 500 yards from this incident. Any LEO out there privy to the MO of these punks? How does this go down? Any speculation on what they do? Park in front, just wandering through, try unlocked doors, case the place first? What?

Well, again, I'd like to comment but it wouldn't be wise to do so.

That said, it really doesn't matter. Reasonable precautions and target hardening apply regardless of what these guys did or didn't do. There's always more of them out there. Layered security. Carry a gun, even inside your house (stash guns may or may not be where you need them but a gun on your hip is). Dogs as an early warning system if you are so inclined, etc.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As I reflect on this news, it is just sad. Sad for everyone. Of course, sad for the family of Dr. Rodgers. But even sad for the family of the boys that got caught up in this - and the others who will continue to get caught up in it.

There will be time for the hows and whys. But, upon learning it, it just makes more acute the overall tragedy of the actions.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I understand. While there was another random murder a couple of years ago in the same area, overall it's pretty quiet out here. You've got NextDoor chatter of people spotting unfamiliar cars in their neighborhoods and calling 911, IOW people freaking out. I just want to proactively, but calmly, react.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There used to be a time when the evil was analyzed to attempt to understand the cultural and socio-economic influences that might be major contributors.

..... Then God Told Noah to Build an Ark.

I feel nothing for these punks. Fry em.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I understand. While there was another random murder a couple of years ago in the same area, overall it's pretty quiet out here. You've got NextDoor chatter of people spotting unfamiliar cars in their neighborhoods and calling 911, IOW people freaking out. I just want to proactively, but calmly, react.

SA. Always.
    When you see a strange car take a moment and look at it. Who is driving it. Do they fit the "Area". Profiling is a part of the world we live in.
    Talk to your neighbors. Know who lives around you.
    Question anything you see or hear that does not fit.
    It should be more than obvious that no matter where you live this applies.

It sucks that this is now a part of our lives.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    #1 Great police work !!
    #2 It doesn't hurt that these punks were also stupid.

Top Bottom