• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I live 500 yards from this incident. Any LEO out there privy to the MO of these punks? How does this go down? Any speculation on what they do? Park in front, just wandering through, try unlocked doors, case the place first? What?

Some have-nots decided to take from a have and killed him in the process.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have a co-worker who lives in that neighborhood; his wife worked with Dr Rodgers's wife for several years. He said he hasn't shot a gun since he was a kid, but I think him and his wife are about to become gun owners. Right gun, training, range time, repeat.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I have a co-worker who lives in that neighborhood; his wife worked with Dr Rodgers's wife for several years. He said he hasn't shot a gun since he was a kid, but I think him and his wife are about to become gun owners. Right gun, training, range time, repeat.

I think it's just as big of a problem that so many of us go in the white zone at home. Of course you have to mentally relax at some point. Getting used to carrying a gun around helps. I do put mine up more often now that I have a good dog setup (2 outside that are particularly alert to strangers and 2 Shepherds inside. No one is going to sneak up on me.) But it's all too common to feel safe at home until there has been an incident nearby.... as if that somehow changes the odds. It changes people's normalcy bias, but it doesn't change reality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it's just as big of a problem that so many of us go in the white zone at home. Of course you have to mentally relax at some point. Getting used to carrying a gun around helps. I do put mine up more often now that I have a good dog setup (2 outside that are particularly alert to strangers and 2 Shepherds inside. No one is going to sneak up on me.) But it's all too common to feel safe at home until there has been an incident nearby.... as if that somehow changes the odds. It changes people's normalcy bias, but it doesn't change reality.

In these nice neat orderly sub-divisions folks feel like they are safe from the outside world. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
    Moving 10 miles outside 465 used to be the answer. Now the Have not douche bags just steal a car and hit the interstates to get out among the haves.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The terms "have" and "have not" always bother me.

he was not born a doctor with an income. At some point he joined the army, at some point he went to medical school and studied hard. At some point he took on leadership roles in administration.

the terms "have" and "have not" to me just assumes luck. I prefer "sought" and "sought not" in regards to success. Small point and I know what you guys mean though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

he was not born a doctor with an income. At some point he joined the army, at some point he went to medical school and studied hard. At some point he took on leadership roles in administration.

the terms "have" and "have not" to me just assumes luck. I prefer "sought" and "sought not" in regards to success. Small point and I know what you guys mean though.

In the eyes of those who look at us as prey Doc we are the haves. In their eyes. They do not understand what it took to become a "Have" they just see us as prey.
    Most have rode the system their entire lives lacking any push to get out and actually become a "Have" and that is the sadness in a lot of this. This rabbit hole goes so deep and gets so dark. I wish we could more openly discuss it but emotions and lack of real knowledge comes into it and any discussion goes off the rails very fast.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    In the eyes of those who look at us as prey Doc we are the haves. In their eyes. They do not understand what it took to become a "Have" they just see us as prey.
    Most have rode the system their entire lives lacking any push to get out and actually become a "Have" and that is the sadness in a lot of this. This rabbit hole goes so deep and gets so dark. I wish we could more openly discuss it but emotions and lack of real knowledge comes into it and any discussion goes off the rails very fast.

It's impossible to know the life experience (and lack thereof) that leads an individual down a certain path. I can have some sympathy for them and still hate what they do/did. I don't think crime/burglary is going the right direction is the near future. There are multiple factors making it very difficult for people with low skills to get ahead in life at this point in time. I'm not saying that's an excuse, but it makes the wrong path more likely.

Family structures have also changed to make single parenting more acceptable. There are some wonderful single parents and I applaud them. But on average it's much tougher to raise a kid without 2 parents.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's impossible to know the life experience (and lack thereof) that leads an individual down a certain path. I can have some sympathy for them and still hate what they do/did. I don't think crime/burglary is going the right direction is the near future. There are multiple factors making it very difficult for people with low skills to get ahead in life at this point in time. I'm not saying that's an excuse, but it makes the wrong path more likely.

Family structures have also changed to make single parenting more acceptable. There are some wonderful single parents and I applaud them. But on average it's much tougher to raise a kid without 2 parents.

Agree to this up to the fact that most of these "Kids" traveling this path lack any real parenting. So I guess I agree....
    We had a long time friend and single mother stop by yesterday for her annual Holiday visit. We have watched her 2 children blossom. The oldest (daughter) is on track for her masters and a teaching career at the university level. The youngest (son) is starting college next year. Not every parent single or couples have the drive to get the kids on a life path to success. Far to many are having kids for the income. This crosses all cultural barriers. As long as this system is growing we will not change anything.
    Now.....what is the real answer to change. Not anger or pull the plug. The real answer.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    There used to be a time when the evil was analyzed to attempt to understand the cultural and socio-economic influences that might be major contributors.

..... Then God Told Noah to Build an Ark.

I feel nothing for these punks. Fry em.

Agreed. ****ing pieces of ****. Fry them. And slowly. This makes my blood boil. Get the **** out of my neighborhood you ********.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

For some reason our society has moved towards pity and forgiveness towards people that carry on atrocities like this. Oh poor junior didn't have nothing growing up. We can't hold it against him, he didn't know what he was doing . He didn't have a daddy. Poor lil guy... Bulls***. He had plenty of influence and teaching that it is easier to take for the have's to better myself then to apply myself. It's a little risky, but hey, society will pity me and welcome me back in again so I can keep pillaging. The circle of crime continues. These people don't deserve pity.

Mean while your friend family suffer. But that's just that way it works. Bulls***. I lose more faith in my fellow man everyday. There are people walking among us that see us as targets. I grew up (and so did you) looking at other people as a opportunity to learn from them and to better myself. And in the process better my family and my community. We seem to be targeted more now for our successful accomplishments. Paying taxes isn't enough. We have to grow accustom to theft and senseless loss of life and other voilence. Well bulls***.... I could rant for days.

I am so sorry for your friends family and those that know him. All are in my prayers. Except the thugs, may they rot in hell.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    For some reason our society has moved towards pity and forgiveness towards people that carry on atrocities like this. Oh poor junior didn't have nothing growing up. We can't hold it against him, he didn't know what he was doing .
    There was a guy on the news commenting about this crime that said pretty much what you describe. He said that times are tough and some people are trying so hard to make ends meet that they make bad decisions and that it was UNFORTUNATE that someone died. I wonder what ends a 15 year old and 18 year old have to meet? Do they have kids they're trying to feed? Do they think their ends are so important that its worth killing someone to make them meet? It po'd me pretty bad that the news gave air time and inferred credibility to such a stupid comment.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

My bad. How about "work" and "work not"?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

There was a guy on the news commenting about this crime that said pretty much what you describe. He said that times are tough and some people are trying so hard to make ends meet that they make bad decisions and that it was UNFORTUNATE that someone died. I wonder what ends a 15 year old and 18 year old have to meet? Do they have kids they're trying to feed? Do they think their ends are so important that its worth killing someone to make them meet? It po'd me pretty bad that the news gave air time and inferred credibility to such a stupid comment.

Most of these "needs" revolve around substance abuse. Selling it or using it. It seems to be more "adventurous" to dabble in drugs/ thugs life then go to school to learn, or flip burgers at Micky D's or sweep floors and push carts at the supermarket. They don't see the dead end road they are on. And when they hit the end of it, we get to hear oh poor me. Bulls***...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just in on WTTV, sentencing today for the murderous dirtbag. No link yet. A now retired co-worker was his neighbor and friend. Their wives worked together for several years. They are now gun owners.

Top Bottom