• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Anyone watching this game? Hated to see IU lose their QB early. This is the first time in a long time that I can recall this game being for anything but bragging rights.....but that is different this time. Purdue wins and they win their division. This IU coach, while I am all for being enthusiastic, he tries way too hard to be fired up....considering his team has only won 4 games this year.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Probably, depends on which Michigan team shows up, the team that beat Ohio State or the team that squeaked by Illinois…
    Wife is a HUGE Michigan fan. Purdue likes to play spoiler. I think it will be a good game, but Michigan will take it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m an SEC fan and I think I’m going to be glad they’re going away from the divisional format soon. I believe they’re going to a format where the top 2 teams play for the conference championship. There’s something not quite right when a 3-loss LSU will be playing while teams with fewer losses are out. Same for PU‘s case. That being said, I’ll be pulling for them over UM and hope they can pull this one out.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Switching the subject a little........anyone watch the Purdue basketball games the last few days? I stayed up late to see everyone of them. This team is fun to watch. Man, they have some awesome young players. This could be the year we have waited so long for. I am not sure of a team who can beat them. Now I know they will lose some games, just because that is how it goes in Big 10.......but this team is deep with talent and very unselfish. They have size, speed, not stingy, know how to share, are well coached and good examples of young men. My prediction.......they will be ranked #1 sometime this year, although I would rather them stay under the radar.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Switching the subject a little........anyone watch the Purdue basketball games the last few days? I stayed up late to see everyone of them. This team is fun to watch. Man, they have some awesome young players. This could be the year we have waited so long for. I am not sure of a team who can beat them. Now I know they will lose some games, just because that is how it goes in Big 10.......but this team is deep with talent and very unselfish. They have size, speed, not stingy, know how to share, are well coached and good examples of young men. My prediction.......they will be ranked #1 sometime this year, although I would rather them stay under the radar.
    After beating West Virginia, Gonzaga, and Duke they aren't going to be flying under the radar anymore!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wife is a HUGE Michigan fan. Purdue likes to play spoiler. I think it will be a good game, but Michigan will take it.
    I hope Michigan takes it, but anything is possible.

It's tough not to look past Purdue after what happened Saturday...I think that's what happened with Illinois, to an extent.

In Michigan's game against Illinois, Corum went out in the 2nd quarter with an injury (still out) and Donovan Edwards was out. Combine that with a strong Illinois defensive line and the run wasn't there against Illinois. Clearly, the run game was an important part of the plan against Illinois, then that went out the window. When a defense can set up against the pass without much worry about the run on a team known for running, that's an issue.

Michigan's MO this year has been a decent, but not spectacular first half, and then pouring it on is the second half. With no top running back, the second half didn't look like any second half in any other game this year. Plus, Illinois is uncharacteristically strong this year...at least they were for much of the season.

Now, Edwards is back (obviously) and Corum may be....but I see Michigan letting him sit most of the game against Purdue unless absolutely necessary. Corum only had 2 runs against Ohio State. Purdue has had some rush defense issues (ranked 37), so we will see.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Big weekend for the boilers going to play for the B1G championship against meatchicken. Hoops team became the first team since UCLA in 1968 to win back-to-back neutral-site games by 18 or more points against top-10 ranked teams.

Top Bottom