• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maddog1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I am in the market for an IWB Holster. I am thinking about a CrossBreed, DeSantis Intruder, or a White Hat Holster. What I would like to know is how familiar you folks are with these? I am going to be caring my M&P Shield in this holster.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    I have crossbreed for my glock 26 and like it. But the waits is pretty long. I think I waited 8wks. Then I just bought a MDJ holster on ebay for like 36 shipped. Look pretty much like my crossbreed. Wore it all day sunday and I gotta say, pretty comfortable. I got it to carry my xds 9mm. Which might be my edc.. I switch back and forth between the two. I like em both. Mdj took 1 week.. something there to consider.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have had a DeSantis Intruder for a Glock. Awesome holster, as long as you arent looking to take it off while still wearing your belt. It will clip on to your belt just fine, but the clips are so positive that I have found removing the belt like it were a pancake style is easiest. Being that you are looking for an M&P, it will probably carry very similarly. For me, it was about as perfect as it could get for the G26. I am sure that even a larger pistol would be just fine too, as I also carry a 1911 Government in a similar Galco holster. The only difference with the Galco is the steel clips, which dont sem to stay put as well as the Kydex ones that DeSantis uses.

TBone3006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Lafayette
    I really like the Kusiack IWB that I use for my shield. I think it cost around 50 bucks after shipping. Found them on the web, based out of Miami FL.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I disagree with a larger holster being too much. In my experience, even with smaller guns, more leather = more comfort for all day wear. I personally don't care for kydex just because they put so much wear so much quicker than all leather holsters. However they are much cheaper than a good custom fit, reinforced opening leather holster. If cost is not an issue I highly recommend looking at some of High Noon Holsters IWB offerings. Their double jeopardy holster is the absolute best holster I have ever owned.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I think its hard to beat the Kholster brand iwb holsters for the price. Have never waited more the 2 weeks after ordering before it was on my door step.
    I have had several for various guns and never had any major issues.

Kholster.com

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I can say this for any gun,get a holster that distributes the weight.I had problems with a leather holster from theholsterstore.com,the fun felt like it was going to fly out our drag my pants to my ankles...with a Kel Tec P11.Now I carry a full size 1911 in a Galco King Tuk as comfortable as can be.

Be sure also to have a quality belt.I learned this the hard way after going through what seemed like a million of the "heavy duty" Wal-Mart belts.I recommend the Original SOE 1.5" Cobra belt,it'll be the last one you ever buy.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    I'm also in the market for an IWB holster but preferably something "tuckable" that would fit a glock 26 and a skinny guy in a dress shirt :rolleyes:, Any ideas?

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County

Listen to Chezuki on this. I've been down the road you're on and have a drawer full of iwb holsters that were a waste of time and money. Step up to the plate and get the MTAC. Others pale in comparison - I know. All the money I spent filling up the drawer with failed holsters would've easily bought the MTAC twice over. But I'd only had to have done it once if I'd just bit the bullet so to speak.

There really isn't any comparison.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    MTAC as well. Had one for quite a few years. still going strong. if you stalk their clearance section you can find one or two in there front time to time (scratched, or curved stitch). Friends of mine have spent way more than the cost of an MTAC trying to find the 'right' holster, and all that does is allow me a great 'I told you so...."

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The most comfortable IWB holster I've ever worn is a TT Gunleather "Mike's Special". Second to that is a holster made by a guy on the 1911Forum named "Ran". Then a Milt Sparks VM2. I've tried the leather/kydex hybrids and they just aren't for me, but I know a lot of guys swear by them, with most of them saying either MTAC, Crossbreed or Old Fashioned.

Top Bottom