• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    :n00b: Just took off my MTAC and put it back on while sitting here to make sure it's still as easy as I thought it was... Yep. I didn't even have to undo my belt. Not really sure why George has such a problem with it. :dunno:

When I carried my Glock 19, I always used my MTAC holster. There were lots of times I took it on and off, while sitting in the drivers seat of my jeep wrangler. There's not THAT much room in a jeep wrangler, and it was rather easy to take the holster on and off.

^^^What they said...

I wear my MTAC everyday carrying a Glock22 (like BrewerGeorge) and put it on/take it off multiple times a day with no issues...on before i leave in the morning, off at work, on at lunch, off when lunch is over, on when i leave, off before bed...its pretty simple.

FYI: The reason for all of the on/off is i don't carry at work and i don't unholster a gun unless there's a reason to :draw:...luckily the only "reasons" ive had to unholster are range time, cleaning, and nightstand time

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    MTAC.

/thread

For those of us that have issues with sweating, a C-Tac is another option to the MTAC... Just Sayin...

I use an Infidel with both the body clip & the C-Tac Strut attachment to help weight distribution. On / Off isn't an issue standing or seated. I have this setup for each of my primary EDC pistols. My previous holster from them lasted over six years...

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    :n00b: Just took off my MTAC and put it back on while sitting here to make sure it's still as easy as I thought it was... Yep. I didn't even have to undo my belt. Not really sure why George has such a problem with it. :dunno:

When I carried my Glock 19, I always used my MTAC holster. There were lots of times I took it on and off, while sitting in the drivers seat of my jeep wrangler. There's not THAT much room in a jeep wrangler, and it was rather easy to take the holster on and off.

Well, I guess that's why they're so personal. :dunno: The one I bought was for the CM9, and I would basically have to step out of my pants, add the holster to the belt, then put my pants on. Mine was not a knock-off, but a custom-made one of high quality. I can't remember the maker, but it was the one with the full-leather lining inside the kydex. I want to say it was the Silent Thunder, but looking at the site they don't seem to make that style, so I'm not sure. Whoever it was, the maker was kind enough to accept a return when it didn't work out for me.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have used Kramer horse hid IWB holster to carry a 5" 1911 for about 25 years. I don't like cowhide as they don't hold up and there is no give in the "plastic" type holsters for IWB carry. Have several "plastic" holsters for OWB carry as they don't need the give. Still like horse hide best for either inside or outside carry.

The 1911 was there, was you carry pick?

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I like these taco style holsters. Easy on and off, and they can be made tuckable. Full sweat shields and not a lot of skin contact. Carrying an XDs or pocket 380, they disappear and you won't know it's there! shield pf9 2.jpg shield pf9 1.jpg

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Alien Gear holsters look like a good option and great price. I have one on order now. The warranty on it looks good to, will exchange the molded holster if you switch guns.
    holster-with-gun.png

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I have an Alien Gear holster (for my new gun) comin my way in a week or two.
    I'm anxious for it to get here. it's not been that easy to find one for my gun.
    I really hope it fits my BEII and is comfortable to wear.
    If it isn't...oh well...it was only $36 (after shipping).

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Amazon.com: Everyday Holsters Glock 19, 23, & 32 Hybrid Holster IWB Right Hand Natural: Sports & Outdoors

You will not be sorry! Immediately available...half the price of many others...every bit as comfortable and well made. Picked up my horsehide version for $45 shipped and got it in 3 days! I also have Crossbreed, and I love it too. But for the money and quality...I couldn't justify spending the extra money again and wouldn't have bought the Crossbreed if I knew of these first. Just my .02 worth.

7194CH23-DL_SL1500__zpsacfded10.jpg

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I've got a drawer full of holsters. Have to say best IWB is the MTAC. Get it and never look back. A little pricey but buy once, cry once.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've never spent $90 + for a holster, and had to wait 2 months to get it. I have owned enough things in my lifetime to know that generally "you get what you pay for." But after wearing my Aliengear for a few weeks I don't think I'm going to need to spend that much. Love the comfort so far, its easily as comfortable as a cm9 in a Remora IWB. They have lifetime warranty, and will replace the kydex shell if you want to carry a different gun. $37 delivered and a 4 week wait time.

I'm not knocking the high dollar holsters, b/c I have not owned them, but if you're budget minded take a look at the Alien gear.

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    Maddog1 I have been using most of the inside waistband holsters, and have boiled it down to just two, I use a Don Hume, and the one I now use most is a Remora. I like the fact that it is so comfortable and has no clips to scratch up the furniture, I had a hard time believing that it would hold my pistol all day without slipping, and pulling my pants down, but it will. I can even slip it into my pajamas and only the elastic will hold it, no problem. I just bought another one for my son who carries and has to crawl around inspecting houses, he finds like I did you forget it is there.

Bill...

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    I got a 45$ hybrid knock off online and the leather is really nice the kydex fits perfect and holds firm I can shake the holster upside down and my g26 still sits tight. It can be fully disassembled and adjusted, I really like it so far. It feels comfortable, looks good, works well and costs almost nothing. I'm quite pleased.

dthm03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    fort wayne
    take a look at Alien Gear. They offer lifetime warranty, and will replace the kydex part if you get a different gun. WAY cheaper than other brands but reviews are comparable to the top brands. I ordered one, let me know if you have any questions.

XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    I bought a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB holster to see if I could get used to carrying my gun that way. I have to say it is not to bad and I barely notice the gun is even there. I paid $15 I think for it but will get a better one later on. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money until I knew for sure I was ok with it being tucked inside.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I got my Alien gear holster this week PLUS an extra shell I ordered for a different handgun. The swap out is really easy and are adjustable in cant and security of carry. I have Galco, Crossbreed, Kholster, plus one or two more. The Alien gear is top notch and tough to beat for the money. My turnaround was 5 weeks. Simply outstanding.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There's a lot of personal preference that goes along with holsters. I've tried the 2 clip leather/kydex hybrids like the Crossbreed, etc. Found I didn't like them for 2 reasons: 1) the retention, while fine (i.e. it does retain the pistol), is a little "mushy" for my taste due to the leather backing, 2) they take up a lot of horizontal space on the belt.

For a lighter polymer gun like you're describing OP, I prefer something like the Comp-Tac Infidel. Takes up much less horizontal belt space and the retention has a positive feel to it. Just my :twocents: though. Like I said, there's a lot of personal taste involved with holsters.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom