• Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Wendy's is my favorite fast food.

I like Big Boy more but I consider Wendy's being more fast food type than Big Boy.:twocents:

Sybaris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    If a steak can be made "better" with A1, it isn't a good steak to begin with. A good steak can only be degraded by the addition of A1.
    Believing otherwise is a good indicator that someone should save some money and stick to pot-pies and fish sticks.

Right
    Putting anything on a good steak is like mixing a single malt whisky with coke

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I didn't read all 11 pages, but I think the best basic, no frills cheeseburger is from McDonald's. I don't think I have ever had a bad cheeseburger from McD's. Get anything other then a plain cheeseburger and there is a risk it might be "meh", but for just a plain cheeseburger I prefer McDonald's.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    No Big Boys within daily driving distance of me and I find Steak & Shake too greasy and expensive...

I have to go Wendy's.

Followed by Dairy Queen
    Then Burger King
    Then Steak & Shake
    and way at the bottom in last place is McDonald's (except the Big Mac, that's awesome.)

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    My favorite is Hardees 6 dollar burger with lettuce, pickle, mustard (no ketchup or mayo) and a handful of jalapeños; substituting onion rings for fries.

mmmmmmm.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    My honest opinion recently has become that most people have honestly lost touch with what seriously good product tastes like, and have become conditioned to sodium saturated meats that A) aren't fresh B) overcooked C) are poor quality meats. Unfortunately, the population has become accustomed to these "fast food" burgers, and when they taste a quality burger and don't have a sting on their tongue from the excess sodium and preservatives, they question quality. haha

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    A bunch of people are saying Steak & Shake, i have a hard time calling them fast food.. I think the quality is the same as fast food but not the fast part.

I would probably go with Wendy's or Rally's for the best burgers of a true fast food chain.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I seriously just felt pity for the two of you.

Some people will never know what they are missing.

As it has been said multiple times already; a GOOD steak should only require light seasoning (i brush oil and then salt/pepper both sides) and grilled between rare-medium depending on your preference...anything else is lipstick on a pig

I agree with Chez. Mid-rare is the way to go for a good steak and a good burger.

Agreed on the steak, except I go medium for burgers

Ok, just for chezuki and VUPDblue, the next time I have a burger or steak, it'll be medium rare.

I'm always up for trying new things.

Atta boy :thumbsup: You will never go back...might i suggest you work your way down though? Going from well done directly to med. rare may be a bit of a shock to your palate

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are we just talking about Indiana? I'm quite fond of Back Yard Burgers. But I don't think they're in Indiana.

Top Bottom