• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birdstrike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    I was adding up the numbers too. Price is pretty close to an Alexander Arms but you get some extras. Heard good things about both. Any idea what the wait time is on the J&T?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've currently got 2 rifles in 6.5 Grendel (had a 3rd at one time, probably will build another soon) and have been in the Grendel game since fairly early on. Never heard of anyone using a J & T Grendel. Not saying that they are bad, good, or anything else, just saying I've never run across them, not even on the dedicated Grendel forums.

Looked at their website, interesting that they don't indicate the name of the company that makes their barrels (for any caliber).

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Bought a 16" upper from them a while back. Took about ten days. They included a build list that looked like who's who in rifle parts, but honestly, it looked pretty good. I say LOOKED, because I traded it off before even getting to fire it. But I won't hesitate to buy from them again.

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    I own a J&T 6.5 grendel and I believe they are shaw barrels also. I have been very happy with mine. A good friend of mine has one also we bought them from J&T at the same time...he is a better shooter/ reloader than me he sees 1/2 groups and has shot it out to 1k yards...he is also very impressed. I have posted before about the grendel on here...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/133877-50_beowolf_6_5_grendal.html

Just saying...very happy with mine.

Klaus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    What would be a good barrel length 20" or 24" , or does it make that big of a difference?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Depends on how far you want to shoot. If you want to go for long ranges then the 24" barrel will be an asset. The Grendel round benefits from the gained velocity that full powder burns provide in the longer barrels. If your shooting is going to be under 500 yards than I'd say there is no real advantage to the 24" barrel, but at 600 to 1000 yards then I'd want the added velocity of the 24" barrel.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Now is a GREAT time to get some kick ass barrels for a song. Satern Machining and AA are having a falling out. Basically Satern has until May 30th until their licensing expires, then they are done making 50B and 6.5G barrels. Sounds like AA tried to stuff them with a new contract and Satern didn't sign....

There are some good prices available on their barrels at this time. I say build your own!!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Now is a GREAT time to get some kick ass barrels for a song. Satern Machining and AA are having a falling out. Basically Satern has until May 30th until their licensing expires, then they are done making 50B and 6.5G barrels. Sounds like AA tried to stuff them with a new contract and Satern didn't sign....

There are some good prices available on their barrels at this time. I say build your own!!

I am wanting to do just that! Satern is supposed to be one of the top makers if I recall correctly. Where specifically have you seen the sales opportunities, directly from manufacturer or places that buy Satern barrel blanks and make to suit?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I am actually in conversations now.....shoot me PMs with what you want and I'll see if I cant get a group rate!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Group buy is possible....just confirmed. Let me know what you guys want and i'll see what I can negotiate.

These are Satern made barrels.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I'm gonna pass, I just looked, I don't have any spare uppers and don't want to pull apart any of my built uppers.

You know you are gonna want one later.....:): Looks like this will be about the last chance to own a Satern Barrel licensed by AA.

I am supposed to have details by AM. Will keep all advised.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Hoping it fits the budget. Im just finishing my 300 blackout build and was going to recover before I did a grendel build. Any one know if pmags can be readily modified to handle 6.5 grendel? I don't really care for metal mags.

Top Bottom