• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    While I don't agree with Mr. Yeager on a lot of things I too have no use for the .40. I've had several different pistols chambered in .40 and I just haven't been impressed. Not knocking anybody else's choice for it but it's not for me.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Yeager's greatest successes seems to have been in the area of self-promotion. Making 'in-your-face' style youtube video's is apparently a key part of that strategy. I generally avoid loud, abrasive and foul-mouthed individuals but I will admit that I find myself agreeing with some of Yeager's opinions concerning guns and gear. A lot of folks who have taken training from him have good things to say, so he may well be a talented instructor. It is unfortunate (for all of us) that he has not exercised better self-control with some of his video's.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    .40 is a pointless round. 1911's do suck for reliability unless you wanna pay for a custom handmade one, and I still wouldn't carry it for the simple reason it has a very limited round capacity. I want as many bullets in my fighting pistol as I can get without having obviously a drum or something sticking out of the magwel.

Listen to Yeager he's right whether it hurts your feel bads or not.

:rolleyes:

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Well, Mr. Yeager, not withstanding, I think I'll KEEP my G-23 for a while. AND, as far as something hanging out of your MAGWELL, "Professional Russian" dosen't seem to mind! Have Nice Day! :cool:

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    .....and I forget why I should care what that idiot thinks about anything? My life, I will carry the gun and round that I choose. Probably would not like my .50 Desert Eagle dual ankle rig either.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Gee most of you know that unless we are talking ball ammo like the military is forced to use then the caliber is not that big of a deal. So match a caliber to a model of handgun that you can shoot most proficiently. I carry a Glock22 the majority of the time because I shoot really well with it. Over time I have found other guns that I shoot better but Im not going to dump the Glock22 after I have spent so much time with it and have become so in tune with it. Besides it is a Glock wonder gun, I shoot .40, 9mm and .357sig all through the same gun.

As far as Mr Yeager goes. I agree with a lot of what he has to say. Not everything but I am not going to get my panties in wad over what I don't agree with. Come on, he is not Massad Ayoob or Elmer Keith or Jeff Cooper. He is just one of the many many trainers that have cropped up as the gun craze gained momentum.

And remember, never go full Yeager.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    .40 is a pointless round. 1911's do suck for reliability unless you wanna pay for a custom handmade one, and I still wouldn't carry it for the simple reason it has a very limited round capacity. I want as many bullets in my fighting pistol as I can get without having obviously a drum or something sticking out of the magwel.

Listen to Yeager he's right whether it hurts your feel bads or not.

Should this have been in purple? It's about as wrong as you can get. Truth be told, 1911s are reliable. .40 is a solid caliber. James Yeager occasionally gets it right sometimes, but kind of the same way that a broken clock is right twice a day. The problem I have with Yeager is that when he discovers something that works for him, he assumes that it's the right answer for everyone else too. He thinks in a single dimension. Take what he says and try to figure out the context he is coming from. He seems incapable of doing that, so you have to do it for him. Then, figure out if there is good info given that context.

Oh, please stop shoveling the BS of 1911s not being reliable unless you by a custom built one. That's just more Yeager BS. Please take off the 'I Love Yeager' T-shirt, the 'Be Like James' ball cap and get rid of your 'What Would Yeager Do' fanny pack and start thinking for yourself again.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Should this have been in purple? It's about as wrong as you can get. Truth be told, 1911s are reliable. .40 is a solid caliber. James Yeager occasionally gets it right sometimes, but kind of the same way that a broken clock is right twice a day. The problem I have with Yeager is that when he discovers something that works for him, he assumes that it's the right answer for everyone else too. He thinks in a single dimension. Take what he says and try to figure out the context he is coming from. He seems incapable of doing that, so you have to do it for him. Then, figure out if there is good info given that context.

Oh, please stop shoveling the BS of 1911s not being reliable unless you by a custom built one. That's just more Yeager BS. Please take off the 'I Love Yeager' T-shirt, the 'Be Like James' ball cap and get rid of your 'What Would Yeager Do' fanny pack and start thinking for yourself again.

Tim, I felt this way about both the 1911 and the .40 before I ever even watched a James Yeager video. I love shooting a 1911 on a static range but I would never trust my life to one. If your looking for evidence you can read about many combat failures. James Yeager gives his own first hand knowledge based on what he has witnessed out if thousands of students. Ill trust him on that along with other facts.
    Also for the .40, I don't think it's terrible or not good enough to kill. I just think its like the red headed step child of the ammo world. Either use a .45 or use a 9mm. It's not practical. And there is plenty of non James Yeager evidence out there to back that up and you either know it or you need to do your homework.
    Now if your just wanting to use it because you personally like it then go for it. Lots of people think just because they shot at a rabbit once or stayed at a holiday inn that they are experts and can go teach self defense classes.
    I don't have a problem with people harming themselves with their own bad advice, just don't try to start convincing others that you know what your talking about or people with a platform like James Yeager are gonna call BS. That's why I like the guy so much. Because he is not afraid to speak up and doesn't care if guys like you start crying when he tells you the 1911 sucks in a combat or self defense application, and in the combined mindset of what you look for in a self defense round (capacity, recoil, accuracy, penetration, damage to flesh) the .40 is not the best option.
    Don't agree. That's fine. Love your .40, as long as yOU are happy that's great! For guys who fight or expect a fight like I think we all should, then keep your .40 and your 1911 in whatever caliber, to yourself.
    I'm not gonna walk up to anyone and say .... Oh is that a glock 22? That sucks and your an idiot. No.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

Ok. I like Yeager but I have a .40 (but mostly carry a pocket 9).

But regarding the above ... the attitude is just perfect.... It's almost Yeageresque in fact.
    In any event, you gotta appreciate someone layin it down like that - agree or not.

Top Bottom