• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Challanges, video, put up or shut up. Man I wish I had my range done! Then we could get all auguing parties together for a little head to head action. I suggest dueling tree at 15 yards. We could show the video on INGO and the loser would not be able to comment in a Yeager thread for at least a month.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    On a side note: It seems that "Death before Dishonor" has been replaced by the "as long as I'm alive that's all that matters" mantra.

How sad.

I suppose though when one of the standards for courage is making a video what else can be expected?

I guess I'm missing what makes Yeager a coward in this video. He didn't make the best tactical decision. When the :poop: hit the fan he and his team reacted to their level of training for this type of ambush. He returned targeted fire - a coward wouldn't have. Number of rounds fired does not equate to amount of bravery. I understand thebishiopp that you may not understand the difference since you do not have combat experience yourself.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Remember this whole thing took 32 seconds, no cover with a PKM hammering at you. Besides the e-brake f'up does anybody know what the sop was, and did he follow it or not?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    If you are talking to me, thanks for the advice. I doubt I'll let being called a coward go though.

aaaannnnd once again Hypocrisy rears it's ugly head. You "call out" people claiming they don't have the "nads" if they don't do a video (and yes saying somone doesn't have "balls" is the same as saying they are a "coward") and can't take it when it's thrown back at you.

Tell you what I'll give you a chance to "not let it go"... in fact "I'll be your huckleberry". 1006 East Diamond, Evansville, IN. It's my business address. Let me know when you will be here and I will be happy to have this discussion with you in person.

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I guess I'm missing what makes Yeager a coward in this video. He didn't make the best tactical decision. When the :poop: hit the fan he and his team reacted to their level of training for this type of ambush. He returned targeted fire - a coward wouldn't have. Number of rounds fired does not equate to amount of bravery. I understand thebishiopp that you may not understand the difference since you do not have combat experience yourself.

Read the AAR. IF TRUE (and there is dispute to that) - After the screw up with the car (which he admits) - The AAR states he fired about 15 rounds and then booked (paraphrasing) leaving his team mates to fend for themselves. One team mate was down on the ground which he leaves there and the other was engaging the enemy with his saw and then m4 (when his saw jammed).

As far as his "returning fire". Doesn't take a brave man to pull a trigger and then run out of the fight. Much braver to pull that trigger and then stay in the fight with your team mates.

Again if the official AAR is true (and the video does not contradict it - though it is admittedly brief and doesn't show all the angles) when Yeager left the area he put himself in a position where he was safe and could not support his team while they were still under fire.

Hell I even posted the "other side" to the video and companies AAR.

I understand the need to defend cowardly actions if you yourself are a coward. Never know when it might be you running away, I understand that.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    aaaannnnd once again Hypocrisy rears it's ugly head. You "call out" people claiming they don't have the "nads" if they don't do a video (and yes saying somone doesn't have "balls" is the same as saying they are a "coward") and can't take it when it's thrown back at you.

Tell you what I'll give you a chance to "not let it go"... in fact "I'll be your huckleberry". 1006 East Diamond, Evansville, IN. It's my business address. Let me know when you will be here and I will be happy to have this discussion with you in person.

The question was:

Did you call me a coward?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Lots of "I see nothing wrong in the video".

His explanation notwithstanding (could be true could not be - just commenting on the video and the companies AAR)...

Are we watching the same video?

Unless I am wrong he is in the car front right. He gets out along with his two team mates and I think he is "returning fire" for a few seconds maybe 5 or 6, then goes running across the street to the ditch leaving the guy laying at his feet.

Again, is his account possible. Yes - the video doesn't show if he is in the ditch firing (the 2nd car is blocking the view). I am just commenting on what is seen in the video and the companies AAR - supposedly created with the testimony of the other surviving members.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    The question was:

The question was:

Yes - does that help? And since you say you aren't "going to let it go" am I to assume that you will be "comin' gunnin"?

Edit - Let's see. Since you are in "monroe county" I think you are about 2 or 3 ish hours away. I am busy tomorrow. Ironically shooting that video with TF and wouldn't want to expose him to the danger of your implied threat. Monday I teach a WC class and wouldn't want to expose my students to your implied threat.

How about Tuesday? or perhaps later in the week if that is convenient for you.

By the way I am "assuming" that your implied threat isn't along the lines of ranting at me on this forum and is of a physical nature.

So it can't be deleted later:

If you are talking to me, thanks for the advice. I doubt I'll let being called a coward go though.
    - emphasis added by me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom