• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I love it when people beat dead horses... it seems fun for about ten minutes or so... then it just loses it's luster. Much like threads like these.

Look, if you're going to dog a man for what he supposedly done, I would first suggest you walk at least a mile in his shoes. Have you been to Iraq? I have, and I honestly can't promise I would've done much better. No manner of training prepares you for the mental realization that you're getting shot at. None. Zero. I had to clean myself up after my first incident. It wasn't pretty at all... but I was alive, and that's what matters.

I hate Chairborne Rangers. With a passion.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    No manner of training prepares you for the mental realization that you're getting shot at.

Disagree - training makes all of the difference. Train like you fight and you'll fight like you train. In the battle, you're lucky to recall half of it.

I hate Chairborne Rangers. With a passion.

Yep, easy to talk BS when they haven't been in the fight. I don't know much about Yeager, but I didn't see anything that I would consider dishonorable. At least it appears he returned targeted fire (e.g. suppression).

Regardless of whether he did everything right or not, I feel for the guy. He has to live with that day and losing his comrades for the rest of his life.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You rang?

Que, I have thought about doing what you describe. I think it would be fantastic for people to create and test a home defense plan in their own home.

We'll have to work out some details, but I think it's totally doable.

I would pay to do that. You know, go to Que's house and train. Shay could bring those cool glocks that shoot marking paint. I am sure Que's wife would not mind us playing paintball in her bedroom. :D

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I had no clue INGO was filled with such hard asses that they know exactly how they would react if they were in his shoes. I don't really care for Yeager, seems like a dick, but I won't sit here and pretend I know how I would have reacted. Maybe I stand and fight. Maybe I :poop: myself.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Disagree - training makes all of the difference. Train like you fight and you'll fight like you train. In the battle, you're lucky to recall half of it.

Training dictates your REACTION to fire and how to proceed from there. The whole, "Oh s@#, I'm getting shot at!" feeling is something you can't prepare for, especially if you've never been shot at before.

Which a lot of these CBR's on the internet have never experienced. Just sayin'.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am by no means a Yeager lover. That said, I am a subscriber to his channel for the content (and sometimes humor.) Love it or hate it, there is info to be gained through sifting or sorting.

While we are waiting for some of you keyboard "operators" and character assassins to make your own videos (yeah, that's a call out,) maybe we'll just watch some with the nads to actually do it:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jc41RBzSs&feature=em-uploademail[/ame]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I am by no means a Yeager lover. That said, I am a subscriber to his channel for the content (and sometimes humor.) Love it or hate it, there is info to be gained through sifting or sorting.

And this is why I post the videos.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    What's really funny is the people coming out already preparing their "drop the baby and run" excuses. Yes I get it, you think you will "drop the baby and run", or already have done it in some fashion, and don't want to be judged for it. Too bad. You will be.

If you don't get the reference: Couple in Colo. Theater Shooting Escape With Baby and Toddler in Tow - Yahoo! News

Nobody who is criticizing the actions of Yeager as seen in the video and reported in the company's official AAR has said they would know exactly what they would do. What they were criticizing, as well one should, is the appearance of cowardice and leaving one's team mates. They would hope that they would do what it seems most on that team did (especially "Steph" who died fighting as well as "Mark" who engaged the enemy then tried to give medical aid to "Steph").

There is no "well you haven't walked a mile in his shoes so you can't judge".

Yes one can judge such actions and if I ever respond in such an "alleged" manner then by god I hope I am judged just as harshly, more so in fact as we've been pretty tame up to this point. Maybe it will be a lesson to the next person.

There is something cowardly in supporting cowardice. I would say only a coward would support the actions of another coward. For fear that one day their own cowardice will be revealed and at that time may face criticism and judgement for it.

I can say that the only time I've ever heard the excuses some of you are making is when someone has screwed up and doesn't want to be held responsible for their actions. It's always the same. It's always some version of that old song... ."Nobody knows the troubles I've seen... Nobody knows my sorrowwww" and "Don't judge me!" :rolleyes:

What a joke. With your philosophy there would never be any disciplinary actions or even "after action reports". There would be no "standards" because nobody would be held to them. No shame for dishonorable actions. No repercussions other than what others have to bear for your screw ups. Yes I understand those thoughts are comforting to those of you who love living in a world like that. Not for the rest of us though.

The reality is that if you "screw up", with any luck, you will face the music. If you are a coward, and your cowardice reveals itself in some way, then you will face the derision of those who despise such character flaws.

As far as a "call out" to make one's own video? So your definition of having "nads" is setting up a camera and making a video. Man you set the bar low but I guess for someone already prepping his "drop the baby and run" excuse then making a video may seem terrifying.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    So this is your over-intelligent :rolleyes: way of saying no? You don't have the nads?

Is this your under-intelligent way of saying that's all it takes? :rolleyes: - nothing wrong with admitting your lack of intelligence, some people are just smarter than others. Just like some people will "drop the baby" and some people won't.

As far a "video" goes... TF and I have discussed making one (mentioned in another older thread). I have the gear, we just need to come up with what he wants to video. We actually got the idea for a video because Yeager has yet to respond to TF's acceptance of his (Yeager's) challenge.

- of course you didn't know that when you made your ridiculous 'it takes "nads" to make a video" challenge. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    thanks for the info bishop. im gonna read those, and it seems as they also have pictures of the ambush.

what kind of website is that and what is ERSM?

It appears to be a website put up by a Yeager supporter who obviously doesn't like ERSM lol. The address seems to mean it is no longer an "active" site (I could be wrong) and has been archived somewhere. Don't know if ERSM got the original taken down but there were some claims that they were suing Yeager.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    On a side note: It seems that "Death before Dishonor" has been replaced by the "as long as I'm alive that's all that matters" mantra.

How sad.

I suppose though when one of the standards for courage is making a video what else can be expected?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...As far a "video" goes... TF and I have discussed making one (mentioned in another older thread). I have the gear, we just need to come up with what he wants to video. We actually got the idea for a video because Yeager has yet to respond to TF's acceptance of his (Yeager's) challenge.

- of course you didn't know that when you made your ridiculous 'it takes "nads" to make a video" challenge. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a lot more of your "talk.":rolleyes:
    Put up or shut up.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Did someone mention a Yeager challenge video? That sounds like a cool idea.

TF and I discussed one because Yeager wouldn't accept his challenge. Or rather would not respond to TF's acceptance of Yeager's challenge.

We just need to figure out what it should be about. Didn't think it should be a "from the hip" type thing. Something planned out.

Maybe pros and cons of oc and cc or even TF running a ton of rounds through his 1911 (Yeagers 500 round 1911 challenge - which is the one I believe TF responded to but got no reply).

Once we get all that outlined then just coordinating our schedules and possibly finding a suitable place to do it too (if he will be doing firing drills - I can shoot the non-firing stuff in my little studio).

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Well I look forward to viewing it when you post it!

The whole if you don't do a video you don't have any "nads" jr. high thing is so ridiculous I would have ignored it but the truth is we were planning to do a vid anyway. Hopefully we can work out the logistics of it soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom