James Yeager - Cleaning a Magazine (featuring an INGO shirt)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Considering most of the "information" he puts on youtube is ".40's SUCK, Bullpups SUCK, 1911's SUCK" and on and on... The only thing that sucks is his opinions on everything. He's just a pretend high speed operator. I'd rather take firearms advice and training from Yosemite Sam or Tex Grebner.

I have heard what people say and decided to do some research and on the 1911's he clearly says that there are some 1911's out there that he recommends. He was just saying that he has seen a lot of 1911's have issues during his classes and that why he prefers others but that there are some good 1911's out there.

Part of the problem is that he speaks before he thinks sometimes or is not very clear and then has to clarify in another video.

Would I take one of his classes? I highly doubt it but he does post some good videos.

During his last fiasco (we all know what I am talking about) I called him out on it along with others and un liked him on FB and YouTube... He later maned up and posted a good enough apology for his actions and I re liked him and he seems to be keeping his head level....

If you don't like someone for things you have personally seen him say then great but don't hate him because of rumors.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Considering most of the "information" he puts on youtube is ".40's SUCK, Bullpups SUCK, 1911's SUCK" and on and on...

That's fine if you disagree with his opinions, but keep in mind that your above quote is totally false. Those are only 3 of his over 200 videos. From a guy that's seen all of his videos, trust me when I say that "most" of them provide good solid information on firearms and training.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    He's just a pretend high speed operator.

That has got to be one of the most uninformed posts I've seen here. Please explain what is "pretend" about the guy. Love him or hate him, he's about as real as they come.

I suppose you're the "real" operator huh? :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Good video for any kind of mag. I suppose most people on INGO never have to clean magazines because they never hit the ground.

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven
    That has got to be one of the most uninformed posts I've seen here. Please explain what is "pretend" about the guy. Love him or hate him, he's about as real as they come.

I suppose you're the "real" operator huh? :rolleyes:

Well, from what I have gathered he is not a veteran. He was some cop from rural Kentucky who did some over seas contracting. I never claimed to be an "operator." But least I'm a veteran with a spec warfare background. So I guess that probably makes me more of an "operator" than you :D. O, and I've never had my LTCH revoked because I threatened to "start killing people" on Youtube either.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Not a Yeager fan, and I definitely think the man has some personal/emotional issues. But, he does often have some good information to share if you can get past the foul language, ranting, bragging, penile references & twitching. People seem to have positive things to say about his training classes. Wife seems nice.

TheAutomator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Well, from what I have gathered he is not a veteran. He was some cop from rural Kentucky who did some over seas contracting. I never claimed to be an "operator." But least I'm a veteran with a spec warfare background. So I guess that probably makes me more of an "operator" than you :D. O, and I've never had my LTCH revoked because I threatened to "start killing people" on Youtube either.

So, does it make him unqualified to teach people how to fight with guns because he was never in the military?

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven
    So, does it make him unqualified to teach people how to fight with guns because he was never in the military?
    I suppose if you want to take one of his "classes" you could. Kind of like taking cooking lessons from someone who's cooking experience is making hot pockets. And then had their microwave taken away for threatening to use it to hurt people. :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

What exactly is your "spec warfare background"?

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Just about anyone with decent Google search abilities for info and a video camera could make YouTube gun videos. Also, I don't need to be a nuclear physicist to know hydrogen bombs are deadly.
    Mr. Yeager is at best, delusional and at worst, dangerous. I, personally, need neither in my life. YMMV

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just about anyone with decent Google search abilities for info and a video camera could make YouTube gun videos. Also, I don't need to be a nuclear physicist to know hydrogen bombs are deadly.
    Mr. Yeager is at best, delusional and at worst, dangerous. I, personally, need neither in my life. YMMV

Curious. . . .

What do you believe his delusions to be? Are there any firearms trainers that you do agree with?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just about anyone with decent Google search abilites for info and a video camera could make YouTube gun videos. Also, I don't need to be a nuclear physicist to know hydrogen bombs are deadly.

So, should magazines remain dirty? Wouldn't that cause malfunctions?

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Curious. . . .

What do you believe his delusions to be? Are there any firearms trainers that you do agree with?

I don't recall that I disagreed with any firearms trainers. Did I say something to that effect only you can see?
    His delusions seem to be (in my never humble opinion) that he has something to say that I want to hear. He doesn't say anything that I can't get on YouTube from any number of less belligerent firearms "trainers".
    But if you want to be his buddy, don't let my opinion slow you down.
    As before, YMMV.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't recall that I disagreed with any firearms trainers. Did I say something to that effect only you can see?

You pointed out your disagreement with Yeager, who is a firearms trainer. I was curious if you also disagreed with other trainers who have YouTube channels (Pincus, Lamb, Vickers, Haley, etc) or just Yeager himself. Some people think firearms training is silly altogether so I was trying to figure out what your position was exactly.

His delusions seem to be (in my never humble opinion) that he has something to say that I want to hear. He doesn't say anything that I can't get on YouTube from any number of less belligerent firearms "trainers".

While I don't think he's forcing you to watch his YouTube videos, I do agree that you can get similar information from other sources. The one thing that does set his channel apart, however, is that he has hundreds of videos put out almost daily for zero cost.

But if you want to be his buddy, don't let my opinion slow you down.
    As before, YMMV.

I have met and trained with Mr. Yeager and do agree with most of the information he puts out. I'm not suggesting you need to do the same. I was just curious what your take was on him. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom